What's new

Maria Selena; The Indonesia's Face in Miss Universe 2012

Hell yeah, she is fine.:agree:

photographer_uploaded_1_195_1354916369_2012.jpg

gallery_photo1351859763Sweden.jpg

There is no denying that Latin American countries send their best representatives, and the Americas are a huge pool for finding all sorts of beautiful women.:agree:

Miss Mexico, crowned in 2010, was off the charts:

426px-Ximena_Navarrete_-_Miss_Universe_2010.jpg

Almost every Latin American and Western country delivers a Miss, while many African and Asian countries are absent and almost no Middle Eastern country participates in the event. That clearly favours the odds of a Hispanic or a Westerner in winning the contest over the years.

One should also not overlook the fact that the representative from an increasing number of Western countries in recent years are from a mixed or ethnic origin. Look at this years miss Belgium and Canada (African descent), Miss Sweden (mixed Iranian) or Miss Finland (mixed Moroccan). So you can use the 'racism card' the other way around even more easily. That there is preference to be 'political correct' and looking at Miss Canada you can easily say that she is the result of some affirmative action, even though I myself think that black women can be equally hot. Just look at last year's winner, she is gorgeous:

miss-angola-universe-2011-leila-lopes4.jpg

But this political debate, that is always lurking around, detracts us from the real issue... and that is, lay back and just enjoy the show.:cheers:

yeah, i can see why she is miss sweden as her looks (I think implying from her name Hanni, of is Middle Eastern Immigrant) Generally swede does not look like this at all, i think if you have an asian or hispanic swede, she would have won too.

My money is always on hispanic girl, i don't know why, something about the looks, they aren't all the way native but also not all the way white. But ultimately, my wife is the best as she is looking at me typing right now.........

Asian on the other hand, won 8 times which almost as many as US + Canada together, but if you look at the country who won it, you will see the favor South Asia more than Oriental Asia, where Thailand, India, and Philippine won 2 each, while Japan, the only remote Oriental (Which in some eyes, not) won 2. Traditional Oriental women like Chinese and Vietnamese won 0. That there, is saying something.......

elton john is gay- he probably eyeing the photographer-

btw now i really think miss Indonesia is gorgeous- :smitten:-
he is gay i know
mera matlab tha bhai kaisa ghadar hai apney bhayoon ki izat uchal raha ha

elton john is gay- he probably eyeing the photographer-

btw now i really think miss Indonesia is gorgeous- :smitten:-
he is gay i know
mera matlab tha bhai kaisa ghadar hai apney bhayoon ki izat uchal raha ha

Congratulations to all the winners! :victory:

usa-missu-predictions.jpg

Miss USA (Miss Universe 2012)

philippines-missu-predictions.jpg

1st Runner-up Miss Philippines

venezuela-missu-predictions.jpg

2nd Runner-up Miss Venezuela

Below is the complete list of candidates who made it in this year's Miss Universe Top 16:

1. Venezuela -- Irene Sofía Esser Quintero
2. Turkey -- Çağıl Özge Özkul
3. France -- Marie Payet
4. Peru -- Nicole Faverón
5, Russia -- Elizabeth Golovanova
6. Mexico -- Karina Gonzalez
7. Poland -- Marcelina Zawadzka
8. Hungary -- Agnes Konkoly
9. South Africa -- Melinda Bam
10. Philippines -- Janine Tugonon
11. Croatia -- Elizabeta Burg
12. Brazil -- Gabriela Markus
13. Kosovo -- Diana Avdiu
14. Australia -- Renae Ayris
15. India -- Shilpa Singh
16. USA -- Olivia Culpo

I dont like womans with tons of make-up. they all look like barby puppets. something wrong with this world.
And this show is such a bullshit. there are lot of girls u can meet in the street who looks better then every one of them even without make-up.

I dont like womans with tons of make-up. they all look like barby puppets. something wrong with this world.
And this show is such a bullshit. there are lot of girls u can meet in the street who looks better then every one of them even without make-up.

They were using make up in purpose to appear perfect during the contest, Miss Universe is a beauty contest. Nothing wrong with using make up. And yes I agree with you, there are thousands of prettier woman in the street without having tons of make up.

They were using make up in purpose to appear perfect during the contest, Miss Universe is a beauty contest. Nothing wrong with using make up. And yes I agree with you, there are thousands of prettier woman in the street without having tons of make up.

You are very right sir, I can say almost 1/3 of Indonesian people have chinese blood both pure and mixed, Chinese Indonesians are mostly assimilated, and most of them very nationalist, some are more than those who call themselves "indigenous".

Indonesian Law does not allowed Chinese name to appear in their citizens identity. That is why the ethnic Chinese are "assimilated" into indonesia as a whole

Too many of Beauty Contests in China alone which tends to minimise the attractions of Beauty Contests per se and they are indeed becoming boring entertainments!

Make up is important when the girls are appearing on stage in front of TV broadcasts. I dont blame them.

Selena is a Javanese, her father's name is Agus Rachmucahyo and his mother's name is Nurdayati.

Ah here a brief history of our people. Indonesia consists of hundreds of ethnics, western Indonesia is dominated by Mongoloid people with brighter skin and smaller eyes like in Sumatra and western part of Kalimantan, pretty much like 2nd and 3rd generation of Chinese indonesian. Javanese people are Austronesian, their ancestors came from Taiwan before they migrated to shoutern part of eastern Asia. But later, javanese people were mixed up with Melanesian people that are actually native inhabitants, that's why now many of Indonesian people have darker skin because their blood are no longer pure Mongoloid or Austronesian. But Javanese people make up 41% of total Indonesia's population and many of Indonesians are still having their pure blood of their Mongoloid or Austronesian ancestries, if you see the family of Javanese king from Jogjakarta or Indonesian presidents, you will notice that they have brighter skin. I am Sundanese from western part of Java, and I have bright skin, and my family as well.

And Indonesian Muslims are mostly moderate, you can see many of Indonesian adult models are Muslims, Muslims in Indonesia are not so religious, well some of them are extremely fundamentalists by their number is so little.

royal%20weding.jpg

Javanese princess, daughter of King hamengkubuwono X, and her husband.

There are quite a no of Indonesian Beauty Queens who are of Chinese descent:

Beauty Queen

Astrid Ellena, Miss Indonesia 2011
Imelda Fransisca, Miss Indonesia 2005
Inesh Putri Chandra (half-Balinese), Miss Indonesia 2012
Karenina Sunny Halim (half-American), Miss Indonesia 2009
Maria Selena, Puteri Indonesia 2011
Sandra Angelia, Miss Indonesia 2008
Chinese Indonesians have significant contributions to Indonesia.

In particular many of the world's Badminton All-time Hall-of-Famers and various world class champions are Chinese Indonesians who have formed the backbone of Indonesian's Outstanding National Badminton Team:

Rudy Hartono - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Liem Swie King - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alan Budikusuma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Susi Susanti - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christian Hadinata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eng Hian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Johan Wahjudi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muljadi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tony Gunawan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tjun Tjun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hendrawan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ronald Susilo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tan Joe Hok - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He is an outstanding Indonesian all time legend:

Taufik Hidayat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indonesian Law does not allowed Chinese name to appear in their citizens identity. That is why the ethnic Chinese are "assimilated" into indonesia as a whole

Did not is more suitable, now there are no ban for Chinese ethnic to practice their culture and language, as well as using Chinese name. After the fall of Indonesia's Soeharto totalitarian regime, The first abolished the use of the terms "indigenous" and "non-indigenous" in official government documents and business. The second abolished the ban on the study of Mandarin Chinese[d] and reaffirmed a 1996 instruction that abolished the use of the SBKRI (special citizenship) to identify citizens of Chinese descent. In 2000 the newly elected President Wahid abolished the ban on public displays of Chinese culture and allowed Chinese traditions to be practised freely, without the need of a permit. Two years later President Megawati Sukarnoputri declared that the Chinese New Year (Imlek) would be marked as a national holiday from 2003. In addition to Habibie's directive on the term "pribumi", the legislature passed a new citizenship law in 2006 defining the word asli ("indigenous") in the Constitution as a natural born person.

Ethnic Chinese in Indonesia is now considered the same with the other ethnic in Indonesia, their citizenship are no different than mine and they are allowed to run for President if they are interested. In fact, many of Chinese ethnic in Indonesia sit in the parliament and ministries, even in the military.

There are quite a no of Indonesian Beauty Queens who are of Chinese descent:

Beauty Queen

Astrid Ellena, Miss Indonesia 2011
Imelda Fransisca, Miss Indonesia 2005
Inesh Putri Chandra (half-Balinese), Miss Indonesia 2012
Karenina Sunny Halim (half-American), Miss Indonesia 2009
Maria Selena, Puteri Indonesia 2011
Sandra Angelia, Miss Indonesia 2008
Chinese Indonesians have significant contributions to Indonesia.

Indeed they are since the time before Indonesia was recognized as a country, for example one of the high ranking officers in first generation of Indonesian navy which participated in independence war against the Dutch was from ethnic Chinese. His name is Jahja Dharma or known as John Lie, . He is very well known in Indonesian military history along with his naval ship.

Did not is more suitable, now there are no ban for Chinese ethnic to practice their culture and language, as well as using Chinese name. After the fall of Indonesia's Soeharto totalitarian regime, The first abolished the use of the terms "indigenous" and "non-indigenous" in official government documents and business. The second abolished the ban on the study of Mandarin Chinese[d] and reaffirmed a 1996 instruction that abolished the use of the SBKRI (special citizenship) to identify citizens of Chinese descent. In 2000 the newly elected President Wahid abolished the ban on public displays of Chinese culture and allowed Chinese traditions to be practised freely, without the need of a permit. Two years later President Megawati Sukarnoputri declared that the Chinese New Year (Imlek) would be marked as a national holiday from 2003. In addition to Habibie's directive on the term "pribumi", the legislature passed a new citizenship law in 2006 defining the word asli ("indigenous") in the Constitution as a natural born person.

Ethnic Chinese in Indonesia is now considered the same with the other ethnic in Indonesia, their citizenship are no different than mine and they are allowed to run for President if they are interested. In fact, many of Chinese ethnic in Indonesia sit in the parliament and ministries, even in the military.

Good to hear than!It appears Indonesia is doing the right thing now!

Indeed they are since the time before Indonesia was recognized as a country, for example one of the high ranking officers in first generation of Indonesian navy which participated in independence war against the Dutch was from ethnic Chinese. His name is Jahja Dharma or known as John Lie,
11234_105420426140964_100000190210567_141355_2084751_n.jpg
. He is very well known in Indonesian military history along with his naval ship.

Good to hear John Lie is honoured. Great to see the racial harmony in your country!

Most of Indonesian Chinese are Roman Catholic/Christian, and few of them are Buddhist or Konghucu. So its okay for them to wear sexy dress, besides Indonesia is NOT a muslim country, we don't use syariah law like Malaysia or Pakistan does. You don't have to wearing hijab when on the beach

So, don't be surprise if you see someone wavin Indonesia's flag and supporting China's rising like Antonius123 (the one who debating gambit in J-20 thread).

Since when Malaysia and Pakistan used Syariah Law? Partialy maybe, anyone know?

Yeah right, if anyone try to used bikini in Aceh I'm sure police will get her
Some of our Province is still using Partialy Shariah Law,
Not all people in Indonesia has a low Moral and only viewing women as an Object to please a Men

We still have alot of good Muslim here

Back
Top Bottom