What's new

Man murdered mother-in-law in sexual assault so violent she bled to death

SwAggeR

Reaction score
Country
India
A man has been convicted of murdering his mother-in-law after sexually assaulting her so violently she bled to death.

Mohammed Yassin Yusef, 32, attacked 64-year-old Amoe Seline Stevens at their home in north London in October last year after his wife left him alone with her frail mother.

Mrs Stevens had previously suffered a stroke, leaving her mobility and speech severely impaired.

But within moments of being left alone, Yusef locked himself in Mrs Stevens' bedroom and began to assault her.

He was only stopped when the victim's carer arrived to get her ready for bed, and became suspicious when she saw Yusuf rush from the bedroom with blood on his hands and shirt.

When the carer went into the bedroom she found Mrs Stevens bleeding and slumped in her recliner chair.

She went to the kitchen to challenge Yusuf, where she found him trying to wash blood from his hands and clothes.

Mrs Stevens was taken to hospital, but died hours later from multiple internal injuries, and Yusuf was charged with her murder.

Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh, from the Met's homicide and major crime command, said: "This was a truly horrendous crime committed against a vulnerable and defenceless woman.

"Mrs Stevens suffered ill health and Yusuf should have offered her care and protection. Instead he chose to use her vulnerabilities for his own sexual benefit and violated her in the most despicable way possible."

He said detectives believe Yusuf had assaulted Mrs Stevens on multiple occasions, but her disabilities meant she was not able to tell her family.

They also think he may have tried to target other women in the past, and urged anyone with concerns about his behaviour to get in touch.

In a statement Mrs Stevens' family said they were devastated by the death of "our beloved Amoe".

"We can't imagine how we will ever come to terms with our loss," they said. "The detectives from the homicide command have been truly exceptional and we would like to thank them for their thorough investigation."

Yusuf will be sentenced on Friday.

Man murdered mother-in-law in sexual assault so violent she bled to death - Mirror Online

Man murdered mother-in-law in sexual assault so violent she bled to death - Mirror Online

why do local crimes get highlighted in world affairs is beyond me. I can understand crimes that are borne out of a permitted national trait i.e. the govt allows something or treats women like 2nd class citizens etc....

According to British laws he will get free lawyer and a slap on the wrist. That's all.

According to British laws he will get free lawyer and a slap on the wrist. That's all.
No, probably life in prison. These are serious crimes, not even the most criminal friendly nation would let such a man go.

Besides, considering prison culture, he'll probably be kept in isolation, because other inmates do take kindly to sex predators.

No, probably life in prison. These are serious crimes, not even the most criminal friendly nation would let such a man go.

Besides, considering prison culture, he'll probably be kept in isolation, because other inmates do take kindly to sex predators.

They still can use lot of loopholes. The worst life imprisonment in Europe is Norway's 21 years. There is no death sentence.

It's child molesters who usually have to be protected from other inmates. But I guess this fellow is equally despicable as well. The convicts in prison, if they come to know what he did, will probably tear him a new one, quite literally. Such crimes an child molestation usually outrages the consience of the average prison inmate.

It's child molesters who usually have to be protected from other inmates. But I guess this fellow is equally despicable as well. The convicts in prison, if they come to know what he did, will probably tear him a new one, quite literally. Such crimes an child molestation usually outrages the consience of the average prison inmate.
In the uk rapists and child molesters are protected in prison they are considered the lowest of the low a nonce.Add the fact that the victim was also elderly he gonna have it rough inside

WTF, such people are shame on humanity. Hope he gets severe punishment.

They still can use lot of loopholes. The worst life imprisonment in Europe is Norway's 21 years. There is no death sentence.
What loopholes would they use? The man will be given a free and fair trial, and he will be judged according to the law of the land. There is nothing wrong with that.

What loopholes would they use? The man will be given a free and fair trial, and he will be judged according to the law of the land. There is nothing wrong with that.

The trouble is that sometimes these laws are too lenient. As somebody pointed out above, in Norway the maximum possible penalty is 21 years in prison, and that mass murderer who killed 90 children recently will walk free after 21 years. And I saw pictures of his ''cell'' where he would spend those 21 years - believe me, it looks like a better place to live than many law abiding people in the world can afford. He even has a personal computer hooked up.

In India until recently, the maximum possible penalty for rape was 10 years. (I think it has been doubled now.) I don't know about British laws, but I hope this person gets a life sentence.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad that there is an efficient system of law and order in Europe, and that everybody is given a free and fair trial and judged impartially according to the law of the land. Those are all great attributes, and vital for a strong society. I'm only rueing the fact that they don't mete out harsher punishments for certain crimes - ones in which another human being has been brutalized so cruelly. The perpetrators of such crimes should never see the light of day again.

Back
Top Bottom