What's new

Man as beast - India

You d be surprised at just how much money they make though! They charge around 100 Rs for a short 5 minute ride. If they get say even 10 fares a day, that's 1000 bucks a day!

Its tough work no doubt, but its these rickshaw pullers who are against any government ban against it.
It just dont look pleasing to eyes as seem degradation of human beings as they are not horses but if we look at other side its quite tough exercise and they look quiet weaker . Is there any limit how many people can sit in there? I bet they will be much cheaper than others transportation

It just dont look pleasing to eyes as seem degradation of human beings as they are not horses but if we look at other side its quite tough exercise and they look quiet weaker . Is there any limit how many people can sit in there? I bet they will be much cheaper than others transportation

It is no doubt, I d personally never sit in one.

I doubt there is any limit as such, but the rickshaw puller probably charges depending on the size of the "load".

I am all OK with honest labor than stealing from someone or killing someone because of their twisted ideology. There is no shame if you are honestly doing your work.

yes rickshaw pulling is real tough business. Just in case anyone is interested, they have those in New York too nowadays. Bicycle rickshaws not hand pulled. I got a ride last summer on a rickshaw in Manhattan....and wait for it...the guy riding the cycle was a Turkish MS student in International relations. he was doing this to help pay his tuition. Does Pakistan have rickshaws?

It is no doubt, I d personally never sit in one.

I doubt there is any limit as such, but the rickshaw puller probably charges depending on the size of the "load".
Is not it better to walk than sit in such hand pulled rickshaw because they are not faster and i bet people only use them for shorter distance?

Back
Top Bottom