What's new

Man arrested for Pakistani crescent on Indian flag

In America and other democratic countries people burn the flag or raise it upside down, no one goes to jail for it.

Yeah, true. As much as I would like the Indian Flag Code to truly embody the Freedom of Expression clause of our Constitution, just like it is in some developed mature countries, our people are NOT mature enough to truly understand and respect this freedom of expression thing.

You see, this freedom of expression not only means an avenue to express one's own thoughts or beliefs but also reciprocally a maturity to tolerate another's view points. It is this aspect that is sorely wanting in some people, conversely, some people taking advantage of this freedom to violate others' feelings. And that these some people are enough to cause trouble through their actions or methods of expression.

Hence, our freedom of expression is not as absolute or total as I would like it to truly be.

Also, IMHO, putting a crescent in place of the Ashoka Chakra was an attempt to "include" Islam - for whatever its worth. If that is the case, then the person is woefully ignorant about the symbolism of the Ashoka Chakra and the Tricolor.

The crescent is a symbol of Muslims... there should have been no issue. In fact months ago I made another version of the flag for a political party that wished to form up and cater to Hindus in Pakistan. One of the suggestions was for the Hinduism symbol to simply replace the crescent and the white band to be replaced with saffron.

I don't think that party took off but will share sometime. Its nothing big nor does it have to do with anything anti-Indian. This is what happens. Pakistan is blamed and Indians start war-mongering and attacking Muslims left and right.

This suspicion of Muslims in India and Hindus in Pakistan must end and the doors for their integration in society must be opened.

Justice begins at home.. So rather complaining about Hindus/Sikhs plight in Pak adn try to bring (some) home , we should start by deporting him to land of the pure!!

Land of pure don't accept Mohazir and non fair Bihari Muslims. Those animals (Rapist and killer of our Bangla Brothers) are living in India.

Another example of shining democratic India respecting the human right to free speech.
Jai Hind

Free speech? Insulting the flag is against the law, not only in India. Even throwing flags in a waste container can get you in serious trouble.

What kind of mentally challenged retard is that guy?????

The crescent is a symbol of Muslims... there should have been no issue. In fact months ago I made another version of the flag for a political party that wished to form up and cater to Hindus in Pakistan. One of the suggestions was for the Hinduism symbol to simply replace the crescent and the white band to be replaced with saffron.

I don't think that party took off but will share sometime. Its nothing big nor does it have to do with anything anti-Indian. This is what happens. Pakistan is blamed and Indians start war-mongering and attacking Muslims left and right.

This suspicion of Muslims in India and Hindus in Pakistan must end and the doors for their integration in society must be opened.

:lol: not a sane argument. You are talking about integration after multiple Muslims have held the position of the 1st citizen of India.. Drop me a memo when Pakistan's constitution even allows for that..

btw, its not about Crescent but about disfiguring the national flag..

:lol: not a sane argument. You are talking about integration after multiple Muslims have held the position of the 1st citizen of India.. Drop me a memo when Pakistan's constitution even allows for that..

btw, its not about Crescent but about disfiguring the national flag..

A lot of parties actually disfigure the national flag to create their own if you did not notice since the flag of a lot of parties is actually derived from the National flag. The only issue here is purely a muslim symbol being on the Indian flag and it has become a case of "the nation's hair is on fire"...

In the case of what you say Pakistanis should be enraged with this and be crying BLASPHEMY!!!:

pk%7Dpml.gif

Now India:

Trinamool congress:
All_India_Trinamool_Congress_flag.svg

NCP:
NCP-flag.svg

Indian congress:
INC-flag.svg

I have to wonder why these parties are not banned for painting the Indian flag as they wish. Is it because Muslims are a soft target?

not good ,everybody should have his own interpretation of national flag afterall we claim to be worlds largest democracy can't we give our citizens freedom of expression ? or it is only confined to majority ?

A lot of parties actually disfigure the national flag to create their own if you did not notice since the flag of a lot of parties is actually derived from the National flag. The only issue here is purely a muslim symbol being on the Indian flag and it has become a case of "the nation's hair is on fire"...

In the case of what you say Pakistanis should be enraged with this and be crying BLASPHEMY!!!:

I have to wonder why these parties are not banned for painting the Indian flag as they wish. Is it because Muslims are a soft target?

Both the flags you have posted have first been registered and then approved by the competent authorities in India and those flags have an identity of their own. Hence the logic does not hold

Also India has no issues with islamic symbols.. Another flag of an Indian political party
800px-Flag_of_the_Indian_Union_Muslim_League.svg.png

Funny, artistic, controversial but not something to be sent to jail for :)

Well in India its illegal, same as desectrating the quran is illegal in india. The freedom of expression has its limits, particularly driven by maintaining social harmony.

I would have that person arrested than a riot with innocents dead and atmosphere poisoned for years to come.

Well in India its illegal, same as desectrating the quran is illegal in india. The freedom of expression has its limits, particularly driven by maintaining social harmony.
I understand, your country, your rules, I am no one to talk about them.

Back
Top Bottom