What's new

Man arrested for Pakistani crescent on Indian flag

Sorry for digging out a dead thread but I wanted to show you something.

pakistan%20hindu%20sabha%20concept%20perfect%20artistic.jpg

Now if I go into the process of how I made this flag you will see this reveals the very same situation. I actually broke down the Pakistani flag for it and used it. I removed the crescent and star with green, hid the white band under the saffron band and brought the Hindu symbol instead of the Islamic symbol on the flag.

So basically I did the same thing as this guy did. The Pakistan Hindu Sabha does not exist on paper or as a political party. They haven't even gotten their act straight and don't know among other things whether they are to go by that name or even be a party that aims exclusively at Pakistani Hindus. So now this is in my computer derived from the Pakistani flag itself so now can I be booked with insult to the national flag.

I hope this reveals how pathetic this arrest is. A commitment to secularism is about feeling for others and understanding their pain. Not about imposing your ideas on the other. It is clearly noticeable that not a single Muslim appeared. They either go quiet or condemn the Hindutva forces that attacked them. It means something.

It is a chivalrous art to accept a wrong where it has occurred and focus on the plight of the group described in there. I designed this which is one of my best designs to date for these guys not for money but to help them develop a political identity that helps eliminate injustices to Pakistani Hindus. My committment to the Pakistani Hindus comes partly from the things our families suffered in India. The protection of minorities is a very sacred concern.

People base their ideas on, "but they were always loyal to Pakistan"... even if true it is our job to win them over. I will forge unity in Pakistan. India can break itself or do the same. @Fateh_71 do look at this. Everyone who has been condemning the guy read the bold part. For every group that is in the between stage of hosting a political party and designing the campaigns and flags for it goes through this. There is no proof he has betrayed India.

The Ashoka Chakra on the Indian flag is based on the teachings of Buddhism though...

That is debatable. Many claim it is Gandhi's spinning wheel. Your flag has so many interpretations it can make a man's head spin.

Last edited by a moderator:
@haviZsultan You changed the color, one replaced by other from two colors in the flag.

Also you changed the proportion. Saffron and green color ratio is different from white green in Pakistani flag..

Whereas in this case, neither the colors were changed, nor the ratio was changed, just the Ashok chakra was replaced by Crescent.

So no comparison. As for reasons behind the Ashok chakra, in the flag it used to be Gandhiji's Charkha, then it got replaced by Ashok Chakra.

If you want to know the difference, in Ashok Chakra there are 24 spokes. Gandhiji's Charkha used to be on flag got replaced by of Ashok Chakra.

Some basic information about Indian flag, meaning of it, significance of its components and its evolution.

Dimensions and Ratio of Indian Flag-

The Indian national flag is a horizontal tricolor in equal proportion of deep saffron on the top, white in the middle and dark green at the bottom. The ratio of the width to the length of the flag is 2:3. At the center of the white band, is a wheel in navy blue color that indicates the Dharma Chakra (the wheel of law). The wheel has 24 spokes.

Colors

They don't signify religions. The religious angle was rejected log time ago.

The saffron color in the flag stands for courage, sacrifice and the spirit of renunciation; the white, for purity and truth; and the green for faith and fertility.

In 1931

Some people were not at all happy with the communal interpretation of the flag. Keeping all this in view a new flag was designed which replaced the red with ochre. This color signified combined spirit of both the religions as saffron was the color of Hindu yogis as well as Muslim darvesh. But the Sikh community also demanded a separate representation in the flag or the complete abandonment of religious colors. This resulted in another flag by Pingali Venkayya. This new flag had three colors. Saffron was at the top followed by white in the middle and green being the lowermost. The 'Charkha' was at the center of white color. This flag was passed at the meeting of Congress Committee in 1931 and was adopted as the official flag of the Committee.

indian-flag-in-1931.jpg

In 1947,

When India got independence, a committee headed by Rajinder Prasad was formed to discuss the National Flag of India and they decided to adopt the flag of Indian National Congress, with suitable modifications, as the flag of India. As a result, the flag of 1931 was adopted as Indian flag but 'Charkha' in the middle was replaced by 'Chakra' (wheel) and hence our National Flag came into being.

indian-flag-in-1947.jpg

A navy blue color "Chakra" known as the Ashoka Chakra, which has twenty-four spokes is present in the middle of the white strip. According to the standard set down by ISI (Indian Standard Institution) it should occupy seventy five percent of the space of the white strip.

Chakra is called Dharma Chakra and it signifies Law.

The National Flag is one of the most respectable national symbols. There are strict laws regarding its manufacturing and its hoisting.

So instead of wasting time on making an image, you should have invested in learning about history of Indian flag rather than giving such a weird and illogical argument.

For more information visit this website (if would you have Google the word- Indian Flag, it comes on first page.)

India Flag, History of Indian Flag

Sorry for digging out a dead thread but I wanted to show you something.

pakistan%20hindu%20sabha%20concept%20perfect%20artistic.jpg

Now if I go into the process of how I made this flag you will see this reveals the very same situation. I actually broke down the Pakistani flag for it and used it. I removed the crescent and star with green, hid the white band under the saffron band and brought the Hindu symbol instead of the Islamic symbol on the flag.

So basically I did the same thing as this guy did. The Pakistan Hindu Sabha does not exist on paper or as a political party. They haven't even gotten their act straight and don't know among other things whether they are to go by that name or even be a party that aims exclusively at Pakistani Hindus. So now this is in my computer derived from the Pakistani flag itself so now can I be booked with insult to the national flag.

I hope this reveals how pathetic this arrest is. A commitment to secularism is about feeling for others and understanding their pain. Not about imposing your ideas on the other. It is clearly noticeable that not a single Muslim appeared. They either go quiet or condemn the Hindutva forces that attacked them. It means something.

It is a chivalrous art to accept a wrong where it has occurred and focus on the plight of the group described in there. I designed this which is one of my best designs to date for these guys not for money but to help them develop a political identity that helps eliminate injustices to Pakistani Hindus. My committment to the Pakistani Hindus comes partly from the things our families suffered in India. The protection of minorities is a very sacred concern.

People base their ideas on, "but they were always loyal to Pakistan"... even if true it is our job to win them over. I will forge unity in Pakistan. India can break itself or do the same. @Fateh_71 do look at this. Everyone who has been condemning the guy read the bold part. For every group that is in the between stage of hosting a political party and designing the campaigns and flags for it goes through this. There is no proof he has betrayed India.

That is debatable. Many claim it is Gandhi's spinning wheel. Your flag has so many interpretations it can make a man's head spin.

you changed the flag so much that no one could relate this to Pak flag. It should be more like this:
pak.jpg

Let a Hindu fly this flag in Pakistan . We'll see if he survives to see the next day. Pakistanis go around smashing Ahamedi mosques and tomb stones because Quranic verse is written on it. But you guys lose your beath over petty issues in India. This is today's news:
Desecrations alarm Pakistan's Ahmadi sect - YouTube

you changed the flag so much that no one could relate this to Pak flag. It should be more like this:
pak.jpg

Let a Hindu fly this flag in Pakistan . We'll see if he survives to see the next day. Pakistanis go around smashing Ahamedi mosques and tomb stones because Quranic verse is written on it. But you guys lose your beath over petty issues in India.

A Hindu should be allowed to fly that flag as should a Muslim in India of the star and crescent. The topic here is India and Indians belief the flag was defiled not Pakistan. All he did was add the crescent. All this flag has done is add an Om symbol. A fine representation of Pakistani Hindus though my flag is perhaps a better representation. I had to deconstruct a Pakistani flag for it.

First of all Krait let me tell you about myself. I have a very solid connection to Lucknow. Then I have a very solid committment to pluralism, secularism and the dignity of each and every ethnic and religious within Pakistan.

The reason I posted that picture here was mainly for Fateh who did not know the functioning of political parties and how they are formed. The Sunni Tehreek had its own separate flag long before it registered as a political party a few years ago. That would be a case in point.

I not only wanted to prove to him that there is a phase between hosting a political party and being ready with its flag and stuff but also that people work for minorities in their land instead of blaming them. Muslims in India and Hindus in Pakistan have it extremely rough because (Note I said Hindus in Pakistan too here to attenuate how you take offense to any discussion of minorities in India) of border disputes and the enmity of the two nations. There is much that can be done for them rather than them being framed in as yet unproven cases and doubting their loyalty. Even if they are unloyal it should be seen as a failure of the state. Anyone would be if they were being charged on things as minor as this. If he would have hosted the Pakistan flag it would have been worse.

But the problem with RSS servicemen is exactly this. Its the average mindset. Also do note I posted this on the other thread only to find out how the work I produced looked from an average persons perspective rather than a graphic designers. Naswar Corner is a fun place. I get involved in debates when someone raises a point that must be addressed only though it is easy to indeed get me involved.

@haviZsultan You changed the color, one replaced by other from two colors in the flag.

Also you changed the proportion. Saffron and green color ratio is different from white green in Pakistani flag..

You do not know the intricacies of graphic design and photoshop so you do not understand. I took a Pakistani flag. First removed the star and crescent which are Islamic symbols, hid the white strip with saffron layer and then added the things that are on it now. So at one point this "disrespecting" the National flag could have come in there too. In the end maybe it does not look like it though the previous versions resemble it more on account of white still being used. Still this is derived from the Pakistani flag.

Whereas in this case, neither the colors were changed, nor the ratio was changed, just the Ashok chakra was replaced by Crescent.

Should that be a problem? No. Party flags are established in this manner. The old flag is broken down and new aspects added to it. We have no idea what he had in mind. Replacing the Crescent could only mean he was making the claim that Muslims are very much a part of India and they have a major role to play in it. Religion/Religious symbols in flags of South Asia is very common.

So no comparison. As for reasons behind the Ashok chakra, in the flag it used to be Gandhiji's Charkha, then it got replaced by Ashok Chakra.

There are differences in belief on what it represents. Do note this is what the Chakra is in Hindu religion (they are centers of Prana or life force):
Chakra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Personally I do not believe this is an issue at all as the majorities religion tends to get involved in most flags. Even the Nepal flag is an ancient Hindu flag. Even if it is as you say Ashok Chakra then Buddhist religion is being represented which you again have a right to do on account of Mauryans and other ancient/classical period civilizations showing both history and rich ancient culture. Why is it an issue if a Muslim does the same and adds his symbol?

If you want to know the difference, in Ashok Chakra there are 24 spokes. Gandhiji's Charkha used to be on flag got replaced by of Ashok Chakra.

Look at this:

The green stands for muslims, the saffron colour ( orange) stands for India, and the big blue wheel in the middle of it represents hope for the two religions to live in peace together.

Everyone interprets the flag in his own different way. You are showing one view-but not the others.
Some basic information about Indian flag, meaning of it, significance of its components and its evolution.

Dimensions and Ratio of Indian Flag-

The Indian national flag is a horizontal tricolor in equal proportion of deep saffron on the top, white in the middle and dark green at the bottom. The ratio of the width to the length of the flag is 2:3. At the center of the white band, is a wheel in navy blue color that indicates the Dharma Chakra (the wheel of law). The wheel has 24 spokes.

Colors

They don't signify religions. The religious angle was rejected log time ago.

The saffron color in the flag stands for courage, sacrifice and the spirit of renunciation; the white, for purity and truth; and the green for faith and fertility.

But then there are things like this found on the internet:

On 15 August 1947 the dominions of India and Pakistan were established. India adopted the familiar horizontal tricolor of orange, white, and green with a blue Ashoka Chakra at the center. The tricolor had been used, unofficially, since the early 1920s as the flag of the Indian National Congress, with the colors representing Hinduism (orange), Islam (green), and a hoped-for unity and peace (white). More unofficially, the flag was patterned on the other example of struggle against British imperialism, Ireland. Most often, a blue spinning wheel was shown in the center, derived from Gandhi's call for economic self-sufficiency through hand-spinning.

The spoked Ashoka Chakra (the "wheel of the law" of the 3rd-century BC Mauryan Emperor Ashoka) replaced the Gandhian spinning wheel to add historical "depth" and separate the national flag from the INC party flag (and Indian political party flags are another tale).
Ed Haynes, 10 April 1996

Thats Ed Haynes about the Indian national flag. People will interpret it in different ways.

In 1931

Some people were not at all happy with the communal interpretation of the flag. Keeping all this in view a new flag was designed which replaced the red with ochre. This color signified combined spirit of both the religions as saffron was the color of Hindu yogis as well as Muslim darvesh. But the Sikh community also demanded a separate representation in the flag or the complete abandonment of religious colors. This resulted in another flag by Pingali Venkayya. This new flag had three colors. Saffron was at the top followed by white in the middle and green being the lowermost. The 'Charkha' was at the center of white color. This flag was passed at the meeting of Congress Committee in 1931 and was adopted as the official flag of the Committee.

indian-flag-in-1931.jpg

In 1947,

When India got independence, a committee headed by Rajinder Prasad was formed to discuss the National Flag of India and they decided to adopt the flag of Indian National Congress, with suitable modifications, as the flag of India. As a result, the flag of 1931 was adopted as Indian flag but 'Charkha' in the middle was replaced by 'Chakra' (wheel) and hence our National Flag came into being.

indian-flag-in-1947.jpg

This gave me some knowledge and as I am interested in history it showed me one side of viewing things. Krait you have to understand that if I talk to Mir Ahmed Yar Khan his view on Balochistan will be different and to his brother it will be different. You don't understand this simple thing that on one topic are many flowering views, all of them are valuable and help make decisions and run a Nation.

A navy blue color "Chakra" known as the Ashoka Chakra, which has twenty-four spokes is present in the middle of the white strip. According to the standard set down by ISI (Indian Standard Institution) it should occupy seventy five percent of the space of the white strip.

Chakra is called Dharma Chakra and it signifies Law.

This is valuable information. But do check out what Ed haynes said. Also the congress still uses chakra sometimes.
The National Flag is one of the most respectable national symbols. There are strict laws regarding its manufacturing and its hoisting.

But then there is no proof he hoisted the Indian flag but instead a flag of family (our family once had a flag too-even old rusty Mughal swords and axes. We had fun with those when we were kids. :lol: ), political party, organization and group. A lot of flags are derived from the National flag. I have gone through this before and will not waste time on it explaining the same thing again-you can check old posts to Fateh. He seems to have relented as well.

So instead of wasting time on making an image, you should have invested in learning about history of Indian flag rather than giving such a weird and illogical argument.

For more information visit this website (if would you have Google the word- Indian Flag, it comes on first page.)

India Flag, History of Indian Flag

I gave you a qoute from an alternative website which you can type in google and find. There are more than 3-4 views on the Indian flag. I haven't seen as many on the Pakistani one though but I would like to research this in spare time.

You were unnecessarily provoking me on the other thread. Pointless conversation there. The only person who had a right to take offense was Islamist @Zarvan and even he knew it was good-natured fun on the thread dedicated to entertainment instead of any real mocking taking place. To you I have no clue what happened.

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom