What's new

Man arrested for Pakistani crescent on Indian flag

What does availability of jails have to do with carrying out an investigation? The cops do not have a unilateral right to dismiss a complaint regardless of the occupancy rate of prisons. If a complaint has been filed, the cops will pursue action and if a settlement isn't reached upon, the case moves to the courts. Simple.

An arrest indicates an indictment not just an FIR.

I understand the spirit of the law, but the implementation is clearly flawed. This is a recurring theme coming from India, "Arrested for causing feeling of insult to the flag"

Note: Causing a feeling of insult.

The cops obviously do have some responsibility to file a case properly.

Imagine someone who walks into the station and says "I was tortured by my classmates". What happened? "They tickled me". But that's not torture, maybe some other minor offence...

"No no, file a case for torture".

Next day police goes and arrests the classmates since case had to be filed...

I understand the spirit of the law, but the implementation is clearly flawed. This is a recurring theme coming from India, "Arrested for causing feeling of insult to the flag"

Yaar you know this sub-continent people are too emotional. LOC incident made people emotional again. So every one is filing charges. If police don't act, it may spiral out. Soon court will set him free.

Its nation of 1.2 billion people. 1/7th of total population of world. Expct such news from India often.

Indians take national flag too seriously.

Imagine someone who walks into the station and says "I was tortured by my classmates". What happened? "They tickled me". But that's not torture, maybe some other minor offence...

An arrest doesn't necessarily imply sending the accused to a central jail while he awaits a court date. That happens for non-bailable offences and an altered flag is hardly one. However, an investigating officer does hold the right to detain a person while a chargesheet/FIR is being formulated.

Regarding your example, the cops are expected to carry out due diligence on the course of their investigation. That being said, they can't unilaterally decide on what amounts to a flimsy case. Either the accused gets you to withdraw your complaint or things move to trail. The courtroom is the final arbiter on all matters regarding law.

Another example of shining democratic India respecting the human right to free speech.
Jai Hind

Really, why don't you fly Indian flag on top of your house :lol:

:blah:
You lost this one, bow out with honor instead of further making a fool of yourself.

I never really thought we are battling out here,merely educating you about the law of the land.

:rofl: That's why we say, stay away from India.:D

gulli gulli gulli....:D

Please talk this logic when tomorrow a mentally deranged p,akistani or a non muslim allegedly burns a Quran

In America people also have a right to burn Quran or make movies about your Prophet? Do you allow that in your shining democracy (joke hai.) ??
That Egyptian was arrested in America. So tell thins guy to just shut his trap

Another example of shining democratic India respecting the human right to free speech.
Jai Hind

Human right doesnt mean that you do what ever you wanna do..... there is a law of land.... mate india take nation flag and nation anthem very seriously and sensitively....... There is 1 central minister facing charges for stopping the national anthem in between.... so this is how it happens here....

Thanks for the underlined part of your post......

Jai Hind

Human right doesnt mean that you do what ever you wanna do..... there is a law of land.... mate india take nation flag and nation anthem very seriously and sensitively....... There is 1 central minister facing charges for stopping the national anthem in between.... so this is how it happens here....

Thanks for the underlined part of your post......

Please talk this logic when tomorrow a mentally deranged p,akistani or a non muslim allegedly burns a Quran
Sure... But really not the same thing considering one guy is hoisting a flag and one is burning.

Even if someone burns something I like, I'll show him the finger and move on, not waste my judicial system's time with it.

Why do these traitors not just move to Pakistan? No one in India wants you here if your loyalties lie with Pakistan...

An arrest doesn't necessarily imply sending the accused to a central jail while he awaits a court date. That happens for non-bailable offences and an altered flag is hardly one. However, an investigating officer does hold the right to detain a person while a chargesheet/FIR is being formulated.
Police lockup also costs something right? Is a person wanted for hoisting a flag improperly a threat to society that he had to be locked up?

Now you are talking about the officer's right, before you said he would be compelled to do so. Clearly he (mis)USED his rights, to ensure the person is locked up in jail, it wasn't a default SOP as you implied and I ask the question again, how farigh are these people?

Sure... But really not the same thing considering one guy is hoisting a flag and one is burning.

How about hoisting flags with certain types of cartoons on it..??

Even if someone burns something I like, I'll show him the finger and move on, not waste my judicial system's time with it.

You, maybe yes... but in Pakistan, you know what happens to someone who is even falsely accused of burning anything related to Quran. We saw a few instances in recent past now.. Didnt we ? But you are right.. The judicial system's time is still not wasted.. If you know what i mean..

PS: Pretty neat play of words on your nick :)

Its situation dependent.. try ticking a girl sitting next to you in your high school (or equivalent) in UAE.. It would certainly be a much bigger hoo-hah than a case for torture.. ;)

Jai Hind

It is a crime to insult indian flag in india and most countries. Thanks for the retarded comment, knowing fully well that india does not follow western style freedom of speech and was the first country to ban satanic verses.

Police lockup also costs something right? Is a person wanted for hoisting a flag improperly a threat to society that he had to be locked up?
Now you are talking about the officer's right, before you said he would be compelled to do so. Clearly he (mis)USED his rights, to ensure the person is locked up in jail, it wasn't a default SOP as you implied and I ask the question again, how farigh are these people?
Dude, consider everything when you study this news. Right now emotions are high because of LOC incident. People are angry at Pakistan. If a person do something like this and a person reports, Police don't intervene, the things may spiral out in this tense environment.

If the flag guy is Muslim, some opportunists especially any politician may use it for creating troubles.

India is nation of 1.2 billion people. Its damn hard to Police this country. Sometimes practicality overpower ethics. I now its wrong but it happens.

BTW the person can only be kept in jail as long as the charges are made on some law. Otherwise he will be set free.

Indian Police and Justice system has many issues. Sometimes segregating few people who knowingly or unknowingy do some acts which can cause future trouble and lead to loss of lives and infrastructure or tension in communities, is the practical solution.

I don't support it but I know this because I see it.

Back
Top Bottom