What's new

Man arrested for Pakistani crescent on Indian flag

I understand, your country, your rules, I am no one to talk about them.

Actually i'm not saying my country my rules, ideally i would like 100% freedom of expression.

But reality is that we have to put limits on freedom of expression in order to maintain social harmony, a job hard as it is. But the rules regarding flag have become less rigid over the last 10 years.

Both the flags you have posted have first been registered and then approved by the competent authorities in India and those flags have an identity of their own. Hence the logic does not hold

Also India has no issues with islamic symbols.. Another flag of an Indian political party
800px-Flag_of_the_Indian_Union_Muslim_League.svg.png

Then what is the problem with that flag. I made a flag on my computer and it has Hindu symbols and is not registered yet for a Hindu political movement not hosted yet. That makes it right for me to be arrested just because I have the flag? Not all flags are registered, especially in cases where the political movement being discussed is minor and weak and has started from the grass roots level rather than suddenly hosting a political party with a symbol, flag and list of main members without any support on any level whatsoever. Pakistan parties have failed because of it.

A flag is made before the party is registered and the flag shown as the party's flag, during that period between the registration and the organization of party issues you are saying the party is liable to suffer for breaking the law? Also how was he booked under insult to "National flag" rather than just being a nuisance to "benevolent" Indian neighbors who could not bear to look at a crescent and star. Also have you seriously lost it? This could really be a party flag and is professional. We Nationalists have one and have no registered political party. Look at the flag posted there:

man-arrested-for-pakistani-crescent-on-indian-flag-1358635159-1658.jpg

One cannot even hoist an Indian flag on his house or his car without express clearance and only if he has a post which allows him using the Indian flag. During Independence day or republic day are exceptions. That's the kind of reverence the state and people give to the flag in India so one joker disfiguring our flag knowingly needs to be deported to his country.

A flag is made before the party is registered and the flag shown as the party's flag, during that period between the registration and the organization of party issues you are saying the party is liable to suffer for breaking the law? Also how was he booked under insult to "National flag" rather than just being a nuisance to "benevolent" Indian neighbors who could not bear to look at a crescent and star. Also have you seriously lost it? This could really be a party flag and is professional. We Nationalists have one and have no registered political party. Look at the flag posted there:

Dude, its not about having a flag, but a public display of it .. A flag that is made to look like an Indian national flag with minor changes, is liable to be held accountable for insulting the flag unless that flag is registered as such.

I wish the cops spent more time arresting criminals than some random yahoo. As an Indian, I don't care if you raise the flag of Sierra Leone in India. Someone's house is not a national monument. He could raise a flag with teddy bears on it - what are you going to do about it?

^^well at least we know that they care more about indian flags rather than the gangrapes of indian women.

One cannot even hoist an Indian flag on his house or his car without express clearance and only if he has a post which allows him using the Indian flag. During Independence day or republic day are exceptions. That's the kind of reverence the state and people give to the flag in India so one joker disfiguring our flag knowingly needs to be deported to his country.
You can host a flag in your house but not on the Car.

Crescent moon is a symbol of Islam. By adding crescent he added his religion to the flag of India. What is the hindis damn Problem with this

Sure... But really not the same thing considering one guy is hoisting a flag and one is burning.

Even if someone burns something I like, I'll show him the finger and move on, not waste my judicial system's time with it.

A guy hosting the enemies flag is worse than burning a religious text . Again in your country the whole nation was up in angst over all this burnings.

no, you need to take permission to do that.
1. There shall be no restriction on the display of the National flag by members of general public, private
organizations, educational institutions, etc., except to the extent provided in the Emblems and Names
(Prevention of Improper Use) Act, 1950* and the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971** and any
other law enacted on the subject. Keeping in view the provisions of the aforementioned Acts

Flag Code of India

This Indian Tycoon Finally Gets to Run His Idea Up the Flagpole - WSJ.com

Back
Top Bottom