What's new

Mamata Banerjee should be more critical of Narendra Modi: Muslim cleric

vicky sen

Reaction score
Country
India
KOLKATA: Accusing BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi of being an "opportunist", prominent city cleric Maulana Barkati on Tuesday asked Trinamool Congress leader Mamata Banerjee to be more critical of Modi in order to prove her secular credentials.
The imam of city's Tipu Sultan Mosque, Maulana Barkati, said, "We know she is secular but If Mamata Banerjee wants to prove her secular credentials, she should be more aggressive and critical about Modi. Rahul Gandhi has been critical of Modi, we want Mamata Banerjee also to come out openly in criticising Modi."
The cleric's comment comes at a time when all political parties are aggressively trying to woo Muslims for their 28 per cent minority votes, which is a deciding factor for 28-30 seats of the 42 Lok Sabha seats in the state.

Barkati lashed out at Modi for seeking the votes of the Muslim community.

"Why is he asking for the votes of Muslims, when he has a problem in wearing the Muslim cap. He should be ashamed about asking for our votes. He is an opportunist," he charged.

Mamata Banerjee should be more critical of Narendra Modi: Muslim cleric - The Times of India

Wow! Look a secular! :tup:
06VBG_TIPU_SULTAN_M_624323e.jpg

Special prayer held in Kolkata for Osama - The Hindu
The Shahi Imam of Tipu Sultan mosque here, Maulana Nurur Rehman Barkati, today held a special Friday prayer for the ‘peace of the soul’ of al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden.

EDIT:

http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/muslim-cleric-issues-warning-serial-scripted-by-taslima-nasreen-unlikely-to-be-aired_897877.html

Oh soooo seculaar :D
@scorpionx

Last edited:
Someone tell this cleric that it will be mamata's TMC which will support Modi led NDA from outside....................

Don't believe me? wait for 16th may.

Secular card again ?
Well generally people do realise that it will be NaMo making the government this time but I seriously want our Muslim brothers to vote for development this time rather than this secular prank .

Opportunists never take firm stands.

Why we Indians even vote for these idiots..........

if right from the independence, our demand would have been DEVELOPMENT in place of these Secular/Communal BS than today we would have been seen as the true competitor of China.

But our PRIORITIES seems totally flawed.

On another note, I am proud that Modi din't wear skull cap & made him just another politician looking for some votes..............

If he would have done it, i would have never voted for him.

Why we Indians even vote for these idiots..........

if right from the independence, our demand would have been DEVELOPMENT in place of these Secular/Communal BS than today we would have been seen as the true competitor of China.

We didnt have many options.

This has beeen a great trend in india to prove his/her secular credentials one has to be digging more in modi for 2002....
Such mullah is curse for thr own religion....... I dont consider mamta or communist secular which has been allowing religious clashes in different parts of wb n taking no action on culprits to appease the minority. ...
Her attitude is no better than Kejriwal. ......

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom