What's new

Making of Super Tejas

With the recent additional requirements included for MK1A theprogram is bound to get delayed which means the first 40 would be of MK1 only.

There are chances of delays. But a lot of the stuff asked for can be done concurrently.

For example, the IAF has asked for new stuff on the last 83 jets. But that doesn't stop HAL from delivering the next 20 jets in Mk1A format without the extra stuff. IAF wants 20 more Mk1, and if they get 20 Mk1A instead, it's better for the IAF. It's just new anjar-panjar, so add it all in at a later date.

Of course, HAL can always fall back to Mk1-FOC instead. This decision can be taken 2 years before delivery, that's 2019 anyway. As long as the airframe is Mk1A standards, it's all good.

Another problem is that article is from Ajai Shukla. I personally believe even the FGFA program is active, only pushed back by a year or two in favour of the MMRCA and MKI upgrade programs.

This program is heavily dependent on the ToT from the MMRCA 2.0 which will run from 2023 through 2029.

No. ToT from MMRCA 2.0 won't even come into the picture until late 2020. We will be lucky to sign the contract in 2023 and start receiving ToT piecemeal after Mk2 gets IOC.

I gave you the tentative date by ADA. ADA expects to get IOC in 2025. So we will get the first jet in 2028, around the time Mk2 will get FOC. I don't believe the 2025 date of course, but FWIW, that's the official date right now.

Mk2 is medium class, similar to M2k. It'll need canards for better performance. Canards for Mk1/1A will be sort of overkill, so we went for other solutions, keeping control surfaces to an absolute minimum.
so you would redesign whole Tejas because it is light weight jet and it will be bigger also, at least to a level of F-16, there trade off b/w designs delta wing are build for speed Tejas, M2K and our Mirage are the prime example of that, your Tejas is a compound delta wing which have better maneuverability/agility but not best maneuverability/agility as compare to tail cropped delta wing, pure delta wing has good maneuverability/agility at supersonic/transonic speed but generally they have poor maneuverability/agility at subsonic speed @KapitaanAli :angel:

There are chances of delays. But a lot of the stuff asked for can be done concurrently.

For example, the IAF has asked for new stuff on the last 83 jets. But that doesn't stop HAL from delivering the next 20 jets in Mk1A format without the extra stuff. IAF wants 20 more Mk1, and if they get 20 Mk1A instead, it's better for the IAF. It's just new anjar-panjar, so add it all in at a later date.

Of course, HAL can always fall back to Mk1-FOC instead. This decision can be taken 2 years before delivery, that's 2019 anyway. As long as the airframe is Mk1A standards, it's all good.

Another problem is that article is from Ajai Shukla. I personally believe even the FGFA program is active, only pushed back by a year or two in favour of the MMRCA and MKI upgrade programs.

Yes. Things can be done concurrently but it all depends on when things get done.

There is no change in the fuselage between MK1 and MK1A so potentially the remaining 110 could either be MK1 or MK1A depending on the timeline of MK1A IOC. At the end of the day all the 123 fighters would be upgraded to MK1A standard.

No. ToT from MMRCA 2.0 won't even come into the picture until late 2020. We will be lucky to sign the contract in 2023 and start receiving ToT piecemeal after Mk2 gets IOC.

I gave you the tentative date by ADA. ADA expects to get IOC in 2025. So we will get the first jet in 2028, around the time Mk2 will get FOC. I don't believe the 2025 date of course, but FWIW, that's the official date right now.

That is the reason why I am pessimistic about MK2 seeing the light in 2020s. Building the twin engine fighter would be a new ball game.

Marvel or DC should make a new movie on Tej-aas
hero should be Tej@ss man or Captain Tej@ss

Do you know the full form of TEJAS?

TEJAS = Teri Jaan Ki @ss:D

Marvel or DC should make a new movie on Tej-aas
hero should be Tej@ss man or Captain Tej@ss
a decepticon transformer called tej@ss that is megatron's b!tch and transforms into a transgender modi with 56 inch moobs and shoots bombs through his @ss (hence the name tej"@ss")! :woot:

Last edited:
Atleast make first proper plane Indian army doesn't even have in their air force. :)
They talk too much.

Yes. Things can be done concurrently but it all depends on when things get done.

There is no change in the fuselage between MK1 and MK1A so potentially the remaining 110 could either be MK1 or MK1A depending on the timeline of MK1A IOC. At the end of the day all the 123 fighters would be upgraded to MK1A standard.

There is no change in the external appearance between Mk1 and Mk1A. But there are plenty of other major differences. Lighter airframe, lighter carriage, lower RCS, lower drag, new internal estate etc. It's not possible to rebuild the Mk1 to Mk1A standards. But it is always possible to re-equip the 20 FOC-Mk1A.

The FOC jets can be equipped with AESA if the Mk1A airframe is ready to be built. Everything else can come in later as retrofits.

so you would redesign whole Tejas because it is light weight jet and it will be bigger also, at least to a level of F-16, there trade off b/w designs delta wing are build for speed Tejas, M2K and our Mirage are the prime example of that, your Tejas is a compound delta wing which have better maneuverability/agility but not best maneuverability/agility as compare to tail cropped delta wing, pure delta wing has good maneuverability/agility at supersonic/transonic speed but generally they have poor maneuverability/agility at subsonic speed @KapitaanAli :angel:
Redesigning to Mk2 isn't as revolutionary as it sounds. ADA has fiddled with multiple designs for the LCA.

As you'd know, the flying NLCA has LEVCONS.
And the wind tunnel tested old NLCA Mk2 varies even more in design.
I'd say ADA has enough data to add canards without too much fuss.

The redesign will mostly involve fuselage plug, canards and lots of extra fuel.
It's a challenge, of course.

Redesigning to Mk2 isn't as revolutionary as it sounds. ADA has fiddled with multiple designs for the LCA.

As you'd know, the flying NLCA has LEVCONS.
And the wind tunnel tested old NLCA Mk2 varies even more in design.
I'd say ADA has enough data to add canards without too much fuss.

The redesign will mostly involve fuselage plug, canards and lots of extra fuel.
It's a challenge, of course.
and one more question please does Mk2 will have LEVCON+ Canards, if you/India increases length of Tejas which is currently light weight Jet and you will trying make Mk2 to medium weight category that whole new ball game because internally and mechanically/structurally different from current Tejas @KapitaanAli

and one more question please does Mk2 will have LEVCON+ Canards, if you/India increases length of Tejas which is currently light weight Jet and you will trying make Mk2 to medium weight category that whole new ball game because internally and mechanically/structurally different from current Tejas @KapitaanAli
No, it certainly won't have both. All I mean is that ADA has already tested and/or flown with multiple kinds of control surfaces.

I'll discuss the rest when there's confirmation on the length.

No, it certainly won't have both. All I mean is that ADA has already tested and/or flown with multiple kinds of control surfaces.

I'll discuss the rest when there's confirmation on the length.
And on think more if you add Canards on Mk2 you need to rewrite fly by wire software (partially) for your Tejas Mk2 @KapitaanAli :angel:

Here is the schedule

LCA Tejas MK1 - FOC 2019 - 40 Fighters (Single GE 404)

LCA Tejas MK1A - FOC 2024 - 83 Fighters (Single GE 404)

LCA Tejas MK2 - FOC 2030 - ~100 (Most likely twin GE 414)

AMCA - FOC 2038 - ~100 (twin Kaveri/M-88)
this is assuming HAL can scale up the production to 16 units/year, its difficult .. i doubt by 2024 HAL can achieve 120 units, that is momentous task

MK2 is essentially a new plane, it would require wind tunnel testing and everything after, if india follows an excellent schedule it earliest it will be 10 years to serial production, which is 2028, so i doubt india will get to 100 before 2038..
now if HAL decides to give everything to private sector may be...but i dont know how..

i will say it again, india is ignoring china which is very dangerous..it needs to induct more rafales, gripen and MKI like YESTERDAY, LCA should be scrapped beyond MK1A (or even the MK1/1a) , instead focus should be on AMCA

this is assuming HAL can scale up the production to 16 units/year, its difficult .. i doubt by 2024 HAL can achieve 120 units, that is momentous task

MK2 is essentially a new plane, it would require wind tunnel testing and everything after, if india follows an excellent schedule it earliest it will be 10 years to serial production, which is 2028, so i doubt india will get to 100 before 2038..
now if HAL decides to give everything to private sector may be...but i dont know how..

i will say it again, india is ignoring china which is very dangerous..it needs to induct more rafales, gripen and MKI like YESTERDAY, LCA should be scrapped beyond MK1A (or even the MK1/1a) , instead focus should be on AMCA

Thanks Buddy, but i would like to say something. Do you think China will ever lose a 75 billion dollar Indian market by going for a war with India. Answer is NO

Mark my words, Don't ever trust China. China is not an enemy to India and India is not an enemy to China.

China will create a drama just to show off and will pull Pakistan into its league, but China is willing to trade and be friendly with India than Pakistan.

Last edited:
Excellent news .! Now a few more generation of bureaucrats of HAL and DRDO can enjoy lavish lifestyle at the taxpayer cost.
Performance of 2025-30 MCA ~ 1999 Miraj 200-5. Great achievement indeed.

Thanks Buddy, but i would like to say something. Do you think China will ever lose a 75 billion dollar Indian market by going for a war with India. Answer is NO

Mark my words, Don't ever trust China. China is not an enemy to India and India is not an enemy to China.

China will create a drama just to show off and will pull Pakistan into its league, but China is willing to trade and be friendly with India than Pakistan.
will Chinese trade an inch of land with india for all its economy..?
you assumption would have been right and great had there been no disputed boarder between the two nations

pakistan learned that in 1971 and hence the nuclear weapons..we dont rely on any country for defence

will Chinese trade an inch of land with india for all its economy..?
you assumption would have been right and great had there been no disputed boarder between the two nations

Why Dragon is not daring to attack us when they feel India is poor and weak, when they claim Arunachal Pradesh

pakistan learned that in 1971 and hence the nuclear weapons..we dont rely on any country for defence

I dont think, with nuclear nothing you country is going to do. Your country is totally dependent on China now, China China China everywhere in your country.

I would suggest grow on your own, build ports, infrastructure on your own, India really did a good job.

Just think a country which went into bankrupt in 90's with billion population, opened economy, improved infrastructure, technology denied, was ignore by super duper countries and now standing on its own, with own space programme, getting technology from almost all countries. India is in a comfortable position to deal with US, Russia and China at the same time.

With US 100+ billion dollar trade, with Russia 20+ billion dollar trade, with China 75+ billion dollar trade.

We just need some defense weapons to tackle Pakistan and diplomatically we crush your economy any time, but we don't do anytime.

Being a very small country and strategically located closer Pakistan could have done wonders in last two decades, but lost the race, criticizing, blaming, thinking always about India.

It is time Pakistan should join hands with India and raise.

I am very much sure, majority of Pakistans who still hate India would support my statement, because illegal trade between India and Pakistan claims to billion $,

You guys still see us a competitor, treat, enemy, but you guys are not match for us when it comes to economy, science, defence, respect in international society etc

your country is totally dependent on China now, China China China everywhere in your country.
/QUOTE]
explain in facts and statistics what way is our country totally dependent on china, does china funds our budget or what?

does it supply our military, yes but so did many other countries in the past and will continue to do so
I. Ghandi shocking unprovoked attack on east pakistan which traditionally wasnt place of conflict in 1948, 1965 meant that india new doctrine is total destruction of Pakistan and required a new MAD doctrine, which we did with nuclear weapons, had Pakistan not acquired nuclear weapons by 1980s india would have attacked Pakistan in 1998, 2002, 2008

yes, once we blow each other up, you would know what nuclear weapons means which is highly likely given people like you are getting more hand in governance

Pakistan economy is just doing fine, moody is upped the rating, and so called CAD crisis has almost passed without even floating bonds, the growth clocked at 5.8% which is only going to go up(remarkable achievement considering the last decade circumstances) WOT has ended at least in Pakistan and likely in Afghanistan with expected withdrawal of troops(thank the bikini photos that kept trump in Afghanistan for now)

Back
Top Bottom