What's new

Making a Secular Hero, Out of Communal Tipu Sultan

Nair women obviously exposed their breasts to nampootiris,And nampootiri women had to cover themselves up when going out-even their face were to be covered from view by that wooden umbrella like thing.And syrian christian,jewish and muslim women were allowed to wear their traditional clothings which covered their body properly.But we-lower casts like nadars,ezhavas and those we now called S.C and ST were denied the right to cover the breasts,those attempted were punished by nair enforcers.That is why we had to revolt instead of just wear the clothes.If you didn't see any injustice in this then i pity you....

You are right HUMANFIRST........
I have heard lot of stories of atrocities of upper caste on Lower caste...They used to pinch the tits of lower class women with coconut shells.
Supporters of RSS will not like to discuss that

No it doesn't address nor justify the invasion of blood thirsty invaders.I was merely stating my openion that those converted didn't revert back because majority of them were lower casts,and things were not at all good for those lower casts then..

1. Forget lower cast or higher caste Brahman who converts to islam or Christianity couldn't taken back to Hinduism practiced in rigid caste based medieval society. Even if a muslim woman married a hindu brahmin ,she couldn't be hindu ,on the contrary hindu man would loose his own religion.

But in modern times ,an Hindu who have converted to other religions can comeback to caste less hindu sect of Arya Samaj through process of what is called as "shuddhikaran" .

2. For anyone who once converts to Islam can't leave Islam as its punisibale by death according to Sharia laws. So it was impossible for people to comeback their original religion even if they were forced to conver to Islam.

You seriously consider Wiki as a reliable source ? And would you agree Tipu was a bigot if I gave wiki pages myself ?

How can you call a thread propaganda when the thread itself is pointing to the other part of a propaganda ? This thread only serves to complete the picture of Tipu Sultan, a picture that has been till now been coveniently never been highlighted or studied or even mentioned.

It's in reply to Romila Thapar Wikipedia, it's not too much job to check the references in wikipedia to validate those claims.

When you trying to know the truth, you'll have to take the whole of it however bitter it may be; there's no way out showing the pseudo secular bogeyman.

Nair women obviously exposed their breasts to nampootiris,And nampootiri women had to cover themselves up when going out-even their face were to be covered from view by that wooden umbrella like thing.And syrian christian,jewish and muslim women were allowed to wear their traditional clothings which covered their body properly.But we-lower casts like nadars,ezhavas and those we now called S.C and ST were denied the right to cover the breasts,those attempted were punished by nair enforcers.That is why we had to revolt instead of just wear the clothes.If you didn't see any injustice in this then i pity you....

Where i said that the Maaru Marakkal Smaram was not right or justified. Remember how this matter came into discussion. You were giving undue credit for Tipu Sultan for something which was totally 'indigenous' in nature and which was pioneered by Christian Nadar community. Yes, I am not going to deny that this revolution faced opposition as it was a new idea and any new idea faces opposition at first. Anyways it was all sorted out by 1859.

well you had hold on to the arabic religion

Islam an Arabic religion? I think there are more non Arab Muslims than arab muslims....
There are still plenty of non muslim arabs left too(Samaritans, Jews, Chrisitans)....

Still you say most of the Muslims were forced to convert by the power of the sword ???

==========================

Back to topic

Tipu Sultan's son becomes the NEW Captian Nemo in Jules Vernes 20 000 leagues under the sea series

He is also featured in the movie
League of Extraordinary men

You are right HUMANFIRST........
I have heard lot of stories of atrocities of upper caste on Lower caste...They used to pinch the tits of lower class women with coconut shells.
Supporters of RSS will not like to discuss that

what RSS has got to do with caste atrocities happening during 19th century kerela ??

FYKI ,RSS is in the forefront of fight against caste based discrimination beside working vouleers in naturqal calamities,earth quick railway accident etc just name anything forsake of country.

The amount of work done for tribal welfare by RSS in tribal belts of central india in are easily surpasses other NGO.

More over they are staunch patriots who make sacrifices for nationalistic causes ,... don't sell country interest for foreign funding,... don't support Maoist or fund other anti national insurgencies movements.

he wasn't as bad as Aurangzeb or Durrani those fools were crazy intolerant Mofo the only Islamic ruler i respect is Akbar his religious policies brought an era of peace for every religion

he wasn't as bad as Aurangzeb or Durrani those fools were crazy intolerant Mofo the only Islamic ruler i respect is Akbar his religious policies brought an era of peace for every religion

Don't know if Akbar can be called an Islamic ruler since he wasn't a practicing Muslim and had started a new religioous doctrine called Din-i-Ilahi .

How come akbar was foreigner, his mother was sindhi and he married to rajput.

It doesn;t matter if the army was two cents or not. Kerala's strength lied in guerilla warfare and tactics, the use of Tribal warriors, and determining when and where to fight in their favor, not the enemy. The Ahom followd a similar strategy and preserved their empire from Muslim armies till the Brits arrived. Even the Vietnamese were considered two cents by many powers

:tup: I agree with your analysis. Historically Muslim Warriors had never mastered the art of Jungle warfare. That is why their invasion failed especially in regions of Rain Forests (Neither in case of kingdoms in Western Ghats nor in North East). Even in Indonesian islands with Rain Forest terrains, Islam had to spread only through peace.

that was the era of monarchs , wars and chaos , even many Hindu kings have done the same thing to Buddhist people when there religion was on the rise in ancient times . Every religion is violent . we cannot blame just Tipu sultan or Aurangzeb for tht ?
And for kings religion was just a tool to keep there empire together , , Tipu sultan was attacking tht nation , and why kings attacked other neighbors ? just for loots and plundering . What if kerela's population was atheist ? then also he would have done the same thing , then we would be saying ohh he killed them becoz they were atheist , no he killed them becoz he was waging war .

Although i am not denying all the atrocities he had done on the Hindus , I am just saying tht We can consider him National hero .

Nobody can be perfect right .

what RSS has got to do with caste atrocities happening during 19th century kerela ??

FYKI ,RSS is in the forefront of fight against caste based discrimination beside working vouleers in naturqal calamities,earth quick railway accident etc just name anything forsake of country.

The amount of work done for tribal welfare by RSS in tribal belts of central india in are easily surpasses other NGO.

More over they are staunch patriots who make sacrifices for nationalistic causes ,... don't sell country interest for foreign funding,... don't support Maoist or fund other anti national insurgencies movements.[/B]

RSS in Kerala does only one thing do political killings for BJP & Spread the message of Hatred(In which they are yet to Success)

I don't support any Terrorist Organization (ant- National) whether its RSS or Maoist...........I

RSS in Kerala does only one thing do political killings for BJP & Spread the message of Hatred(In which they are yet to Success)

So what about the political killing carried out by Communist/Congress/ Muslim League/NDF etc. Are they all halal.

RSS spreading the message of hate.....Please.... who cut the right hand of the college professor who supposedly said something about Prophet Mohd, who cut down the school teacher in front of his own students. You know who..

If any one is spreading the message of hatred as such it is the Muslim League . The Marad Commission proved that.
I don't support any Terrorist Organization (ant- National) whether its RSS or Maoist...........I

What is you opinion about Red Volunteers, DYFI, Solidarity etc.
By comparing RSS with Maoists you surely showed how much 'secular' you are. Keep it up.

Don't know if Akbar can be called an Islamic ruler since he wasn't a practicing Muslim and had started a new religioous doctrine called Din-i-Ilahi .

Di-I-Ilahi was not a new religion, it was just a collection of moral codes to be followed whicvh Akbar believed necessary to live in harmony in a country like India. Akbar might not be bigot like Aurangajeb, but there is no evidence that he did not follow Islam. Not only that, he also made himself the final sayer when there is contradiction among Ulemas regarding interpretation of religious books.

Back
Top Bottom