What's new

Make F16s and Sell it to Pakistan. France taunting India while Rafale deal weakens further

He is too intelligent for issuing such imbecile statement as 'I am a tough negotiator and let me save some money'. And moreover defense deals are not strictly business, they concern India's security. You want the best and not the cheapest.

If French are selling Rafale to Qatar for a higher price than what they are offering to India now, then the price should make sense.

That statement he made was just for the joe public, he kept it simple but he is right. Behind the scenes there is talks underway... it all stems down to price. Remember this might not be a one off purchase and we may end up ordering more plus this is a strategic deal. India is a huge market be it nuclear power stations, infrastructure or defence the French know this and so does India hence why they must lower their price.

$8.5 bn I feel will be the final price, we will need to come up and they will need to lower it as well

I have already said it many weeks ago that F-16 negotiations are progressing very well.

US is pushing for two fighters under DTTI. India is looking at only one jet to start with.

It is very childish decision by Indians. PAF has been using F16 for more than 30 years. PAF knows its capabilities and weakness . After seeing India trying to get F16, their crying on the sale of just 8 F16 seems to be fair.:crazy:

I rather we save money and buy the S-400 and put the rest into LCA and AMCA RnD

It is very childish decision by Indians. PAF has been using F16 for more than 30 years. PAF knows its capabilities and weakness . After seeing India trying to get F16, their crying on the sale of just 8 F16 seems to be fair.:crazy:

it's called lobbying and is done by all countries

Musharaf spend thousands of $$ hiring a top US firm to lobby for Pakistan, India is just starting to find it's feet in this game.

Best lobby groups are the Jews though in USA they pretty much hold the cards in this game.

I rather we save money and buy the S-400 and put the rest into LCA and AMCA RnD

it's called lobbying and is done by all countries

Musharaf spend thousands of $$ hiring a top US firm to lobby for Pakistan, India is just starting to find it's feet in this game.
Yes , it is done by all countries but to some extent. Indians made fool of themselves by over reacting on the sale of just 8 F16.Russia also sells military hardware to India but China has never over reacted . In fact , they have confidence in their capabilities unlike India. You need to learn .

Yes , it is done by all countries but to some extent. Indians made fool of themselves by over reacting on the sale of just 8 F16.Russia also military hardware to India but China has never over reacted . In fact , they have confidence in their capabilities unlike India. You need to learn .

What over reaction? It was just a statement and of course there will be a reaction just the same as Pakistan saying India's defence budget is altering the balance of the region.

This is not about Pakistan directly it is more to do with Indo-US relationship, because they say we want or have a strategic relationship with you yet they sell sophisticated weaponary to our arch rivals. Also the claim that it will help with counter terrorism is bullshit and the Americans know this, even attack helicopters can do the job. The reason is simple $$ and that's it, they want to do business and sell.

French know India don't have the production capacity to produce higher rate aircraft to replace majority India aging aircraft. India in a bind either scrap the deal with French and start to negotiate with other country to buy the other aircraft then waste over 10 yrs of negotiation and start the process over again. Time is not on India side to drag out the negotiation.

What over reaction? It was just a statement and of course there will be a reaction just the same as Pakistan saying India's defence budget is altering the balance of the region.

This is not about Pakistan directly it is more to do with Indo-US relationship, because they say we want or have a strategic relationship with you yet they sell sophisticated weaponary to our arch rivals. Also the claim that it will help with counter terrorism is bullshit and the Americans know this, even attack helicopters can do the job. The reason is simple $$ and that's it, they want to do business and sell.[/QUOTE
For a test case , just read the comments of americans and others here at PDF about sale of 8 f16

Second, a attack helicopter cant do the jot of fighter jets. Can it deliver laser guided and precision ammunition?

For a test case , just read the comments of americans and others here at PDF about sale of 8 f16

Second, a attack helicopter cant do the jot of fighter jets. Can it deliver laser guided and precision ammunition?

Who is the enemey? militants of whom have fled the NWFP and are currently hiding across the border and in the urban cities in Pakistan. For those targets you need Rangers and the Police not F16's which is sheer overkill.

Now if those militants had some stinger like missiles I would say yes perhaps a fighter jet would be well suited but attack helicopters and planes like the A-10 warthog are perfect for killing ground militants.

Also everyone is blaming India but heck it is the Americans some of whom are protesting also at this deal.

U.S. senator wants hearing on possible F-16 sale to Pakistan| Reuters

Now is John McCain a person who can be bought by Indian lobbyists?

Who is the enemey? militants of whom have fled the NWFP and are currently hiding across the border and in the urban cities in Pakistan. For those targets you need Rangers and the Police not F16's which is sheer overkill.

Now if those militants had some stinger like missiles I would say yes perhaps a fighter jet would be well suited but attack helicopters and planes like the A-10 warthog are perfect for killing ground militants.

Also everyone is blaming India but heck it is the Americans some of whom are protesting also at this deal.

cobra gunships are also doing their job well. Rangers and Police especially Rangers are doing very fine job . But you did not answer my question . Can attack helicopters deliver Laser guided and precision bombs?

I believe they can but why would you want to waste your money on such militants? is that not overkill?

Anyway F16 are top notch fighters as a Indian they do scare.. which is why we flagged up the Americans that's the truth.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom