What's new

Makai roti and sarson ka saag — a taste straight from Punjab’s mustard fields

Caution : For Those who are not use to having this complete meal, plz keep Lota handy or make sure you know the fastest route to wash room... :P
One more Caution: Don't drive after saag, Today lassi is must then you can never stay awake specially after lunch.

Nooo!!!!!!! sheer temptation n mouth watering.. where I can have such in Delhi??
Its available from november onwards so wait for a month at least to get fresh ones in any punjabi resturant in Delhi.

I visited Delhi few years back you can have it in old Delhi Punjabi restaurants at lunch very easily.

Tried at some top-notch restaurants, but they lack authentic taste. Lemme try this at old Delhi ..:toast_sign:

Tried at some top-notch restaurants, but they lack authentic taste. Lemme try this at old Delhi ..:toast_sign:
If you want authentic good taste go to dhaba a typical truck driver's resturant and try their.

And I thought Butter Chicken was the Speciality dish of Punjab
Since that's what most Punjabis like to have

And I thought Butter Chicken was the Speciality dish of Punjab
Since that's what most Punjabis like to have
I ate Butter chicken in Barwala ( Haryana ) 5 years ago .
The best butter chicken I have and will ever taste .

Then try some chicken tikka masala with butter naan.

Chicken_Tikka_Masala_0000x0000_0.jpg

A few yrs ago I took some middle eastern sheikhs for lunch in Taj Vivanta in Delhi
Those 4 idiots ended up costing me 27000 Rs in Drinks and Butter Chicken with Naan

They told me that it was the best chicken they tasted outside of a famous Lahore restaurant whose name I can't remember

A few yrs ago I took some middle eastern sheikhs for lunch in Taj Vivanta in Delhi
Those 4 idiots ended up costing me 27000 Rs in Drinks and Butter Chicken with Naan

They told me that it was the best chicken they tasted outside of a famous Lahore restaurant whose name I can't remember

Damn , 27,000 . I was with my seniors . we were about 5 people .
It costed us around 600-800 . Don't know what was the cost of bear . I just took a sip and my tongue went numb .

I had plain black daal and roti on the highway once somewhere in Punjab. Late at night. Dense fog. Me and my friend, only two bikes. Somewhere between Jalandhar and Ludhiana.

Most delicious daal I have ever tasted.

Then some Punjabi rowdies took an interest in us. Flashy jeep. Guns. Throwing names about how they were related to the Badals. Invited us for drinks. Promised to get our bikes fixed the next morning. Said don't worry, party now.

Next of course they were offering us some carnal pleasures (Punjab mein kya nahin milta .....). Asking me where I came from (my mattha was apparently indicative of some royal lineage ....)

After 11 days on the road and a lot of liquor in the system, we would be lying if we said we were not tempted but good sense and survival instincts prevailed.

Bottom line we feigned tiredness and promised to meet the next morning. Then escaped in the wee hours without telling anyone.

Punjab not a safe place for MH12 numbered bikes. LOL

Cheers, Doc

@Imran Khan @GURU DUTT you real world opinions would be greatly appreciated here on this incident.

Last edited:
Goddammit.. I miss this.. Used to regular have this or Aloo Paranthas with anda Burji and lassi during College Days.. Nahiiiiiiii.. :cry:

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom