What's new

Majority of Pakistanis for 'Islamisation' of society: Poll

Oh GOD what can I say the source itself is corrupt and evil. Poor Indian's only know how to cry.

Oh GOD what can I say the source itself is corrupt and evil. Poor Indian's only know how to cry.

On the 9th page you are making discoveries?

Could one be wrong to wonder that it takes you that long?

Yet, the observation indicate a bit of being still a trifle foggy, if I may say.

Another 9 pages may help.

Abu Basit

One could be a faqih, a mufti, a qadi yet not be a mujtahid who derives new rulings.

A mujtahid mutlaq or "absolute mujtahid" is one that attained the rank of the Four Imams Abu Hanifa, Malik, al-Shafi`i, and Ahmad in knowledge of Arabic, qualification to apply legal reasoning, draw analogies, and infer rulings from the evidence independently of the methodology and findings of the Sunni Schools, through his own linguistic and juridical perspicuity and extensive knowledge of the texts.

There is no mujtahid mutlaq today nor even a claimant to that title.

The qualifications for a mujtahid were set out in the 11th century by by Abul Husayn al-Basri in "al Mu’tamad fi Usul al-Fiqh". These were accepted by later Sunni scholars, including al-Ghazali, although al-Ghazali believed that innovation had ended, as there was nobody qualified to be a Mujtahid. Such qualifications require proficiency in Shari'ah and its interpretation.

i know from where you have taken this text....

let me clearly tell you that the door of ijtihad in new matters is not closed- when we say or you hear "it's closed", be clear that this relates to all ready established matters like faith, prayers, Hajj etc.,

Yes i agree that there's no absolute Mujtahid in our time but we really don't need an absolute mujtahid for ijtihad in new matters arising in our times.

Mate, if your father tells you to not take drugs, and you take them, its not fault of your father, but yours.. Islam protects Minorities and their religion.. If someone goes against it, then they go against Islam, Islam is not to be blamed for it..

aatish dude i aint blaming islam but the perversion of this once great religion by some bigots...yes this is all apart of god's plan also and we humans just watch everything from the sidelines...but i aint blaming islam..but blaming those who are apparently running the show.

Your knowlegde about women rights in Islam is totally nill. The rights Islam gave to women 1400 years ago, were not even considered by the so called todays modern world 100 years ago. Can you imagine a woman running for the caliphate election 1400years ago. women were not even allowed voting rights by west 100 years ago. now compare both. but better shut your mouth because you have no knowledge about islam.

I'm sure the Saudi women would agree.

Mate, if your father tells you to not take drugs, and you take them, its not fault of your father, but yours.. Islam protects Minorities and their religion.. If someone goes against it, then they go against Islam, Islam is not to be blamed for it..

Well, if someone goes against the Islamic teaching of protecting the minorities, then those who are pious Muslim should ensure that Islam's tenets are followed instead of blaming those who are going against the tenets.

it isnt ''docile'' manner though i will admit that for some it has become such a ''routine'' occurence that some are a bit de-sensitized or are just mentally blocking it out

is it the healthy or right thing to do? Hell no it is not. But that doesnt mean people are ''docile'' or don't care. People are furious that so much needless bloodshed takes place. However there are people who blame the war in Afghanistan for this phenonmenon because the truth is -- before mid 2000s suicide bombing was totally alien to Pakistan.

What is the good at being 'furious' if that 'ferocity' is impotent and none cares that the people are 'furious'.

What has it got to do with Afghanistan?

If you are meaning the US actions in Afghanistan, then who started Afghanistan?

It was started by Zia, duly supported and aided by the US. The terrorists have their origin there.

Now that they have tasted blood, they are totally out of control and people are afraid that if they stop them, it would be taken that to be anti Muslim, since these chaps have assumed the image that they are the Flag Bearers of Islam!

If they aren't, then there should be no reason to take them on since they are killing innocent Pakistanis in the bazaar and the Mosques!

i think people also have little faith in the government, because govt. amuses us with new innovations in the art of ''incompetence''

Pakistanis feel largely helpless, but there have been rallies against suicide bombings and peace rallies they just never go reported!

That maybe true, but the Police and the Military is not incompetent and the Military does not take orders from their Govt lying down. If you remember, the Govt stated that the ISI would be under civil Govt and the Army Chief met Zardari and the next day the orders were changed!! So, even if the Govt is incompetent, the military does not appear to be incompetent. They sure know on which side of the bread is buttered.

absurd statement

Absurd because you have no answer.

If Imran can have millions answer his call, then surely there will be a similar response against the daily killing by the terrorists. However, none can take on the terrorists or give such a call because the the terrorists claim that they are the Flag Bearers of Islam and possibly, the majority of the people believe that!

majority of the people stand behind the Armed Forces....as for NWA op --it will take place at a time of our choosing. Nation stood behind Armed forces during Swat, SWA, Orakzai, Khyber and other ops and they will also stand behind Army if and when NWA campaign takes place.
have little uncertainty on this fact....

Report: Pakistan to Launch Operation in North Waziristan
Report: Pakistan to Launch Operation in North Waziristan | South Asia | English

No plan for operation, Senate body told
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2011\06\02\story_2-6-2011_pg1_9

Pakistani general condemns North Waziristan 'hype'
Pakistani general condemns North Waziristan ‘hype’ | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

It will be noticed that there is great reluctance to go after the terrorists since they are taken to be the Flag Bearers even though they are killing innocent Pakistanis too! Or destroying Pakistan strategic assets as in PNS Mehran! It is obvious that the people are not quite there with the military as you might like to suggest. Though, to make the best of a bad situation, the military is a safer bet than the others.

appears only to you, because your media is misguiding you indians completely...sorry to say

I don't go by Indian media alone. I check the Pakistani and international media too!

you follow all news outlets in Pakistan?

Not all.

There is a column in Daily Times that gives a summary of Urdu vernacular news.

very impressive!! Considering there are HUNDREDS, with all types of views and leanings. I guess you are more of an authority now on Pakistan than Pakistanis themselves, ey? :)

I am not an authority on Pakistan. However, I am versed with the happenings in Pakistan.

Being in Pakistan and being a Pakistani, does not in anyway make the person to be an expert who intelligently understand the events.

There is enough evidence on this forum itself!

I have one of very fundamental question. For a person to be a Muslim, is he/she obliged to follow the Koran in its entirety or can they be selective on the basis of what is applicable today?

Pakistanis can largely differentiate between religion and secular things - and most of us balance it quite well.

Islam is a whole way of life either you can be Islamic or Secular

i know from where you have taken this text....

let me clearly tell you that the door of ijtihad in new matters is not closed- when we say or you hear "it's closed", be clear that this relates to all ready established matters like faith, prayers, Hajj etc.,

Yes i agree that there's no absolute Mujtahid in our time but we really don't need an absolute mujtahid for ijtihad in new matters arising in our times.

Of course, it has to be taken from somewhere.

I obviously cannot invent the religious diktats, can I?

I am sure you will also note that I have a fair idea of Islam and not totally clueless.

If I did not have a fair idea, I would not have known about the 'technical' details, if one can call them so. Generalised, most people know, but the finer issues, those who are interested in knowing knows. And I like learning about things.

As far as your contention - we really don't need an absolute mujtahid for ijtihad in new matters arising in our times, I think it is better to leave it to the person who can take the place of a majtahid, as and when there comes one!

Iqbal I think had spoken about allowing ijtihad and he was nearly declared a munafiq.

I am sure you will also note that I have a fair idea of Islam and not totally clueless.

If I did not have a fair idea, I would not have known about the 'technical' details, if one can call them so. Generalised, most people know, but the finer issues, those who are interested in knowing knows. And I like learning about things.

As far as your contention - we really don't need an absolute mujtahid for ijtihad in new matters arising in our times, I think it is better to leave it to the person who can take the place of a majtahid, as and when there comes one!

Iqbal I think had spoken about allowing ijtihad and he was nearly declared a munafiq.

Iqbal was not declared Munafiq for suggesting Ijtihad because in Ijtihad all Sunnis believe in get your facts right

MAJORITY OF PAKISTANIS WANT EDUCATION, FOOD, SHELTER AND CLOTHING. THEY WANT ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL EMPOWERMENT AND A FUTURE FOR THEIR CHILDREN. IF PEOPLE ARE RETARDED ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THAT THE AVERAGE PAKISTANI LIVING ON LESS THAN $1 A DAY HAS PLANS FOR A GLOBAL KALIPHAT... WELL THEN ITS A LOST CAUSE!

BTW THESE POLLS ARE VERY SUGGESTIVE....

don't take me wrong, i just wanted to say to give reference from where you have taken the text.

As i said- the doors are closed for the matters relating to faith/iba'daats etc, regarding the muam'laat - it's always open!

I have one of very fundamental question. For a person to be a Muslim, is he/she obliged to follow the Koran in its entirety or can they be selective on the basis of what is applicable today?

Muslims can't selective and have to follow Islamic laws in it's entirety- The modernization or the scientific development is not an alien concept for Islam, it fully supports such progress.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom