What's new

Major DNA ancestry database now correctly lists Pakistanis as Central Asian

It is a popular theory, but definitely not the most widely accepted theory.

Also, these "Dravidians of IVC" are no where close to the Dravidians of today, who mostly descend from an indigenous population that adopted the language of the IVC migrants.

All populations are immigrant populations, ancestors of the IVC are thought to have come from Elam (Southern Iran) or the fertile crescent while the ancestors of the Vedic Aryans originated from the steppes of Siberia.
I think you are out dated to post something from 1990 and claiming it to be the "most widely accepted"....Kindly come into the 21st century and see how much has changed ESPECIALLY due to new markers associated in studies in 2010 and forward!

There are recent studies too which say the same thing. I just posted what I could easily find online. Besides this source, I posted another source. Further, just because they are old doesn't mean they are not true. Even Talwar E Pakistani accepts that this is the most popular theory even at present if not the most widely accepted.

that's good , greek, arab, turk ,chinese , aryan , mangol , mixed in pakistan .
@everyone look guys another obsessed swamp dweller. They have this mental illness where anything to do with Pakistan, they will start aqweeling, jumping up and down like pigs. :coffee:

There are recent studies too which say the same thing. I just posted what I could easily find online. Besides this source, I posted another source. Further, just because they are old doesn't mean they are not true. Even Talwar E Pakistani accepts that this is the most popular theory even at present if not the most widely accepted.
Yes cause @Talwar e Pakistan is a historian and the fact that everyone else disagrees with his bs should tell you otherwise. Alas your an Indian and you will go to any lengths to prove that people of paktistan are just like you Indians, because if you dont then you cant look at yourself in the mirror and say you look marginally better, with invaders blood.

@waz @Arsalan @Dubious can you take care of these aboriginals, that are derailing this thread. Can we not talk about Pakistan on a Pakistani forum in peace. Without them having to sqweel like pigs, everytime we discuss something about us and our ancestors?

The region is also largely matched to the Durrani Empire, which was based on close cultural and ethnic kinship.

latest

A description of how the region closely co-operated:

Durrani.jpg

Source

Last edited:
@everyone look guys another obsessed swamp dweller. They have this mental illness where anything to do with Pakistan, they will start aqweeling, jumping up and down like pigs. :coffee:

Yes cause @Talwar e Pakistan is a historian and the fact that everyone else disagrees with his bs should tell you otherwise. Alas your an Indian and you will go to any lengths to prove that people of paktistan are just like you Indians, because if you dont then you cant look at yourself in the mirror and say you look marginally better, with invaders blood.

@waz @Arsalan @Dubious can you take care of these aboriginals, that are derailing this thread. Can we not talk about Pakistan on a Pakistani forum in peace. Without them having to sqweel like pigs, everytime we discuss something about us and our ancestors?

Talwar e Pakistan at least provides some sources for what he writes unlike you.

Anyway, you know you can put me on ignore right ? Since my posts are bothering you so much. Here, let me do the honours. You can follow suit.

i didn't bang yr mom Sonny must be an other gang
I was replying to an Indian about proof of Aryan invasion theory giving reference of an American journal of genetics if u have issue with the link then do yr Rundi Rona with that journal my child :)
i too don't like the paper showing kashmir part of India but it ain't my doing Sonny
but even thus Indian written paper confirm Aryan invasion and that north and South; Indian r genetically different so read the results my child :)
Then why was you replying to my comment Bro???

Languages do indeed mix and develop as you say, but we do know that they carry similar genetics as other Central Asian populations and the R1 Y-chromosome haplogroup in much of the population. Therefore, as they mixed with similar people at the same time as the Persian language was being formed in the region, it must be assumed they were speakers of a very similar language at the time.

There is overwhelming evidence to conclude that our ancestors have always been Indo-Aryan speakers since the post-Harrapan times, there has never been a dispute to that and there never will be.

Vedic Sanskrit was developed in the North Indus Region while classical Sanskrit was contrived by Panini, an ancient scholar from Taxila; a town that still stands and is right next to our capital. From there it was spread Eastwards to modern-day Indians.

The modern formalised form of Pashto came later. Proto-Pashto is recorded as far back as the time of the Greco-Bactrian Kingdoms, also evidenced by Pashto's import of Greek words.
Could you provide sources for this "proto-Pashto". The loanwords found in Pashto with Greek origins most likely comes from Gandhari, which has significantly more Greek loanwords.

Incorrect. Cyrus' armies physically invaded modern day Pakistan from north west and then worked their way south. These conquered lands were made into the satrapies (provinces) of Gandara (known as Parapamisadae by the Greeks), Sattagydia and Maka. We know of the former two from the Behistun Inscription. The Greek historians Xenophon and Ctesias even suggest that Cyrus conquered as far as into modern day India. Modern historians however place these satrapies till the banks of Indus.
I never stated that Cyrus's army did not physically invade modern-day Pakistan. He did in fact successfully invade the Indus Region and divided the region into "Satrapies" (on paper), autonomous tributary states.

However, there is no evidence to suggest of a prolonged Persian presence in the region, they had simply invaded and forced the various petty Kingdoms and tribes to pay tribute or they would face another attack. When the Macedonians reached the Indus Region, there was no indication of Persian authority or presence. All the various tribes, peoples and Kingdoms the Macedonians encountered were indigenous.

That region of Mongolia, Tarim Basin (Xinjiang), and its neighboring areas were the origins of several groups of people.

Not only Mongols, but the Huns, Turks/Turkics, and Iranic (not Iranian) people originated from this area.
The region of Mongolia is the origin of Mongol and Turkic (Mongoloid) peoples who displaced the Iranic peoples of Central Asia.

You also need to differentiate between Turk and Turkic.
Pakistan’s Karakorum range traces its name to Mongolia’s similarly named place. Translated to ‘black mountains,’ it also features heavily in Turkish history.
That is the name Turkic traders ascribed to it and was adopted by British Raj officials, historically there has been various names for the range.

Secondly, the etymology of a mountain range on our far Northern tip is not representative of our origins or genetic makeup. There definitely was some Turkic migrations into that region (Northern West Himalayas), as evident in the physical features of the Balti people, but these are anomaly groups like the Hazara and Bhils, that are again, not representative of mainstream Pakistani ethnic groups.

Muhajirs from South India, does not make Pakistan a South Indian country.
Our traditional cultural trade (carpets, furs, caps, jewelry, dyes, cloth, fabrics) are a remnant of our nomadic Iranic roots (which is why they resemble other nomadic origin people like Turks and Mongols.)
Most of these actually have indigenous origins, with some influence from neighboring and migrant peoples.

Are u mad? So all those greeks that lived in what is now Pakistan just magically dissapeared? Also there were records of pakhtoons absorbing turkic tribes into our culture. Those must have vanished into thin air too.
The Greeks that once lived in modern-day Pakistan were absorbed and their genetic contribution diluted. Look at the descendants of Mughal Emperor Shah Bahadur to get an idea.

Pakistan is Pakistan, its greek, arab, turkic, chinese, aryan, and south asian.

What...?
"South Asia" is a geographic term and does not denote ethnicity or race in any way. All the other people you named have absolutely little to no genetic contribution except for the Indo-Europeans (Aryans).

As I stated earlier, Pakistanis come from two main genetic components, Iranian Neolithic Farmers (IVC) and Indo-European herders (Aryans). There is a third major component that came in the form of Iranic steppe migrants such as Kushans, Bactrians, Scythians; but they pale in comparison to the first two components.

Wow we Muhajirs/Urdu Speakers are Central Asians now
If you are a Muhajir, you ancestry tests would be consistent to the people of the region you migrated from.

Do we call MA Jinnah Pakistani? If yes, His grandfather was a Hindu Baniya from Kathiawad, Gujrat, India.
Do we call Allama Iqbal Pakistani? If yes, his father was a Hindu Kashmiri Pandit.
The Indus Region and it's ethno-cultural zone extends beyond Pakistan into IoK, NW India and Parts of Afghanistan.

So if not all, DNA of most of Pakistani and Indian (especially from north and west of India) will have similarities.
All humans have genetic similarities, mainstream Pakistani ethnic groups (Pashtuns,Punjabis,Sindhis,Baloch,Kashmiris,etc...) generally form their own genetic clusters which also usually includes NW Indians such as East Punjabis.

According to Baloch lore, their ancestors hail from Aleppo in what is now Syria
According to the lore of most of our tribes, we descend from some Prophet or companion of the Prophet. So these "lores" have no credibility.

Thank God Almighty! we aint' south asian to begin with atleast not majority. especially not us kashmiris. we are happy with persian or central asian association of genome. anything that seperates us from indian identity is a positive thing. Good ridance.
This is cringe. We are South Asian as it's a geographic term. Genetically, we form our own cluster that is distinct from Central Asians, Persians or Indians...

Brother, I also study anthropology which deals in genetics to some degree. If you have an issue with my posts, you are free to refute them using reputable sources.

There is overwhelming evidence to conclude that our ancestors have always been Indo-Aryan speakers since the post-Harrapan times, there has never been a dispute to that and there never will be.

Vedic Sanskrit was developed in the North Indus Region while classical Sanskrit was contrived by Panini, an ancient scholar from Taxila; a town that still stands and is right next to our capital. From there it was spread Eastwards to modern-day Indians.

I think there is overwhelming evidence to conclude that your ancestors have always been something Indo speakers.

The fact that indigenous Pakistanis have been placed in a completely separate genetic region will be sufficient for most intelligent people to get the idea, and move on.

Last edited:
this is very tough to find truth between indus valley pakistanis vs central asean DNA pakistanis ,
which one is pakistani ?
indus valley moved to central asia ? then came back to pakistan ?

very good .

Could you provide sources for this "proto-Pashto". The loanwords found in Pashto with Greek origins most likely comes from Gandhari, which has significantly more Greek loanwords.

I never stated that Cyrus's army did not physically invade modern-day Pakistan. He did in fact successfully invade the Indus Region and divided the region into "Satrapies" (on paper), autonomous tributary states.

However, there is no evidence to suggest of a prolonged Persian presence in the region, they had simply invaded and forced the various petty Kingdoms and tribes to pay tribute or they would face another attack. When the Macedonians reached the Indus Region, there was no indication of Persian authority or presence. All the various tribes, peoples and Kingdoms the Macedonians encountered were indigenous.

The region of Mongolia is the origin of Mongol and Turkic (Mongoloid) peoples who displaced the Iranic peoples of Central Asia.

You also need to differentiate between Turk and Turkic.

That is the name Turkic traders ascribed to it and was adopted by British Raj officials, historically there has been various names for the range.

Secondly, the etymology of a mountain range on our far Northern tip is not representative of our origins or genetic makeup. There definitely was some Turkic migrations into that region (Northern West Himalayas), as evident in the physical features of the Balti people, but these are anomaly groups like the Hazara and Bhils, that are again, not representative of mainstream Pakistani ethnic groups.

Muhajirs from South India, does not make Pakistan a South Indian country.

Most of these actually have indigenous origins, with some influence from neighboring and migrant peoples.

The Greeks that once lived in modern-day Pakistan were absorbed and their genetic contribution diluted. Look at the descendants of Mughal Emperor Shah Bahadur to get an idea.

What...?
"South Asia" is a geographic term and does not denote ethnicity or race in any way. All the other people you named have absolutely little to no genetic contribution except for the Indo-Europeans (Aryans).

As I stated earlier, Pakistanis come from two main genetic components, Iranian Neolithic Farmers (IVC) and Indo-European herders (Aryans). There is a third major component that came in the form of Iranic steppe migrants such as Kushans, Bactrians, Scythians; but they pale in comparison to the first two components.

If you are a Muhajir, you ancestry tests would be consistent to the people of the region you migrated from.

The Indus Region and it's ethno-cultural zone extends beyond Pakistan into IoK, NW India and Parts of Afghanistan.

All humans have genetic similarities, mainstream Pakistani ethnic groups (Pashtuns,Punjabis,Sindhis,Baloch,Kashmiris,etc...) generally form their own genetic clusters which also usually includes NW Indians such as East Punjabis.

According to the lore of most of our tribes, we descend from some Prophet or companion of the Prophet. So these "lores" have no credibility.

This is cringe. We are South Asian as it's a geographic term. Genetically, we form our own cluster that is distinct from Central Asians, Persians or Indians...

Brother, I also study anthropology which deals in genetics to some degree. If you have an issue with my posts, you are free to refute them using reputable sources.
I just want to say your posts are solid in their content and inspiring. If I became PM of Pakistan I would have you rewrite all of Pakistan's history books. In two decades we would have proud nation with a solid modern identity that would stand tall with the best.

@Indus Pakistan Afghania has always been part of Anicent, Historic Pakistan... CPEC will transform many things!
Thank you Mangus. Thank you. The man who coined the name 'PAKSTAN' had it right 100%. The proud and majestic peoples of Indus had no future with Ganga as their destinies are separate. One is royal and regal. The other ......

fnyJVvv.png

Back
Top Bottom