What's new

Major DNA ancestry database now correctly lists Pakistanis as Central Asian

such a great race , .
i wish good for industanis to achieve good economy , education , and a good reputation in middle east and european countries .
amen.
one frigging "H" before the bolded part, and they will adopt our name :o:
i ponder if they are so great why did they concede "their name-Industan", let India take the name, and adopted a "new made up" name with provinces in it ?
its alladin news or the alladin news?.....:-):(:-):(:-):(:-)

PS: ab chhod to inhe tangg karna. khhwaamkha (from the epiglotis 2 times) ki pareshani hoti hai inko. why should boys have all the fun ? scooty ka ad tha na ?

Last edited:
Pakistanis are Central Asians not South Asians. Time for celebrations in Pakistan.
actually by genetics even north India should be included in central asia Sonny ;)
  1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3769933/#!po=0.303030
    this research paper is written by Indian scientist published in international journal read and reduce yr ignorance Sonny
    here's the abstract
    Most Indian groups descend from a mixture of two genetically divergent populations: Ancestral North Indians (ANI) related to Central Asians, Middle Easterners, Caucasians, and Europeans; and Ancestral South Indians (ASI) not closely related to groups outside the subcontinent. The date of mixture is unknown but has implications for understanding Indian history. We report genome-wide data from 73 groups from the Indian subcontinent
    + QuoteReply
  2. Thursday at 10:40 PM#29

NefariousFULL MEMBER
    Captain.jpg

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,728 / -0
    gb.GIF

gb.GIF

Good stuff. Whats with the butthurt, no need for ganga swampees to be upset.

List

+ QuoteReply
  3. Thursday at 10:41 PM#30

GHALIBSENIOR MEMBER
    Lt.Colonel.jpg

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,563 / -46
    in.GIF

in.GIF

Nice. Does that mean Pak will be leaving SAARC?
    it looks so .

+ QuoteReply
164 more messages...
Page 2 of 13
< Prev12345613Next >

very good ,
so shalwar kamiz is from indus valley or central asia ?
nobody wears in battle ?
Shalwar Kameez originates from a blend of various cultures and there are many variants of it, the most popular is thought to have originated from Punjab.

Much of Pakistani clothing can be traced to the Kushans who were based in Peshawar and Taxila.

kushan1.jpg

The cut that you see on the sides that is unique to the Kameez is thought to have derived from the need to better accommodate horse-riding.

There was also a shorter belted and more loose version of the kameez that was popular among the warriors (light infantry), it was utilized in the Indus Region up till the 18th century and is depicted among countless reliefs, primarily in Gandhara.

170px-Kushan_devotee_Mathura.jpg

images

qy59mpnfh2c31.jpg

Female version
cc866f571b12344e5850e6590c92f5d5.jpg

Sikh Warriors also utilized this, but often with shorts as a better way to traverse muddy fields.

image0.jpg

18th century Sindhi Warriors
59a6f01b59956.png

indus valley dwellers used shalwar kamiz ?
If you mean the people of the IVC, then no, Shalwar Kameez came much later. They did however wear an earlier form of what is now known as the Sindhi Arjak.

actually by genetics even north India should be included in central asia Sonny ;)
  1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3769933/#!po=0.303030
    this research paper is written by Indian scientist published in international journal read and reduce yr ignorance Sonny
    here's the abstract
    Most Indian groups descend from a mixture of two genetically divergent populations: Ancestral North Indians (ANI) related to Central Asians, Middle Easterners, Caucasians, and Europeans; and Ancestral South Indians (ASI) not closely related to groups outside the subcontinent. The date of mixture is unknown but has implications for understanding Indian history. We report genome-wide data from 73 groups from the Indian subcontinent
North Indians do have "Central Asian" blood, accredited to the Indo-Aryans, however it is extremely low and is mostly found in high-caste Brahmins who make up a tiny portion of the North Indian population; it's really not much compared to what is found among Pakistani ethnic groups.

Last edited:
Shalwar Kameez originates from a blend of various cultures and there are many variants of it, the most popular is though to have originated from Punjab.

Much of Pakistani clothing can be traced to the Kushans who were based in Peshawar and Taxila.

kushan1.jpg

The cut that you see on the sides that is unique to the Kameez is thought to have derived from the need to better accommodate horse-riding.

There was also a shorter belted and more loose version of the kameez that was popular among the warriors (light infantry), it was utilized in the Indus Region up till the 18th century and is depicted among countless reliefs, primarily in Gandhara.

images

qy59mpnfh2c31.jpg

Female version

Sikh Warriors also utilized this, but often with shorts as a better way to traverse muddy fields.

image0.jpg

59a6f01b59956.png

If you mean the people of the IVC, then no, Shalwar Kameez came much later. They did however wear an earlier form of what is now known as the Sindhi Arjak.

North Indians do have "Central Asian" blood, accredited to the Indo-Aryans, however it is extremely low and is mostly found in high-caste Brahmins who make up a tiny portion of the North Indian population; it's really not much compared to what is found among Pakistani ethnic groups.

very good information ,
one indus valley person here claimed shalwar kurta is pakistani , so indians wear them because they want to copy pakistanis. :D

very good information ,
one indus valley person here claimed shalwar kurta is pakistani , so indians wear them because they want to copy pakistanis. :D
It was indeed spread from modern-day Pakistan to what is now known as India. It's just another natural example of cultural exchange.

even from 1980s to 1990s you will notice the preponderance of sari/dhotis
Dhotis too were derived from the Indus Region and then was spread Eastwards into modern-day India. The earliest depictions were found in Gandhara, in the same archaeological period; Indians were depicted as wearing loincloths or simple wraps around their waist; with the rest of the body being usually naked.

Early forms of sari as well, which is derived from the Indo-Greeks (who were primarily based in the Indus Region), though it still greatly differentiates from the modern-Indian Saris, especially among the Indian variants where the belly is naked.

373px-The_Aristocratic_Women.jpg

These attires were spread to what is now known as India, where at the same time, they became out-of-fashion in the Indus Region with the arrival of the Kushans.

Last edited:
It was indeed spread from modern-day Pakistan to what is now known as India. It's just another natural example of cultural exchange.

Dhotis too were derived from the Indus Region and then was spread Eastwards into modern-day India. The earliest depictions were found in Gandhara, in the same archaeological period; Indians were depicted as wearing loincloths or simple wraps around their waist; with the rest of the body being usually naked.

Early forms of sari as well, which is derived from the Indo-Greeks (who were primarily based in the Indus Region), though it still greatly differentiates from the modern-Indian Saris, especially among the Indian variants where the belly is naked.

373px-The_Aristocratic_Women.jpg

These attires were spread to what is now known as India, where at the same time, they became out-of-fashion in the Indus Region with the arrival of the Kushans.
You and the curry he has will not help his butthurt

OurLand, OurBeautifulLand... OurPeople, OurBeautifulPeople....

I just wish that we become Centre of Learning once again as we have been through mellenia...

If you look carefully our tradition cusines are fundamentally different... you start from SriNagar...travel North..through Afghania all the way to TurkicLands and land in Turkiye.... see there is a unertone in this symphony that is us Paks!

I wish YoungPaks could see what Pakistan is!

We are part of Eurasia... always have been always will be...

I am fully aware of my PakBias...however, I do see EmergingPakistan.

I dare say Rule Pakistania!

Exactly, more Pakistanis should learn about our nomadic roots (along with IVC farmers,) our cultural links to Iran, Turkey, Central Asia, and Mongolia are an important part of our identity.

Right now I see Turks and Pakistan as two parallel histories and mindsets.

Shalwar Kameez originates from a blend of various cultures and there are many variants of it, the most popular is though to have originated from Punjab.

kushan1.jpg

images

qy59mpnfh2c31.jpg

Female version

image0.jpg

59a6f01b59956.png

Never realized Shalwar Kameez was that ancient. Great post.

That shorter, looser belted Gandhara Shalwar Kameez looks similar to the clothes worn by some Pukhtoons, particularly Khattak dancers.

1529652371385225575.jpg

As for Sikhs, they borrowed heavily from the Mughal and Muslim Rajput traditions. Which means such dress must have been common among Islamic empires as well.

No need to gang up on Talwar e Pakistan. There is little to no greek, arab, persian admixture in any modern Pakistani ethnic group, tribe or what ever despite claims, invasions. They may have left some decedents but reason we don't see any evidence is because admixture is less then 1-2% at must.

the most popular is though to have originated from Punjab.
Shalwar qameez isn't Punjabi dress
Until few decades back it wasn't popular even in Pakistani Punjab
You can find old people all over the Punjab who has never worn shalwar in their life
Qameez and chadar is punjabi dress

Shalwar qameez isn't Punjabi dress
Until few decades back it wasn't popular even in Pakistani Punjab
You can find old people all over the Punjab who has never worn shalwar in their life
Qameez and chadar is punjabi dress
I did not say it is a "Punjabi attire", Shalwar Kameez overall only became known as the 'attire of the common man' recently. As I stated, there are many variants with each region/province having their own, the Punjabi variant is currently the most popular and widespread throughout Pakistan, becoming the standard for Shalwar Kameez.

Shalvaar_qamiz.JPG

I did not say it is a "Punjabi attire", Shalwar Kameez overall only became known as the 'attire of the common man' recently. As I stated, there are many variants with each region/province having their own, the Punjabi variant is currently the most popular and widespread throughout Pakistan, becoming the standard for Shalwar Kameez.
It's not punjabi version but westernised version copy of shirts collar cuff buttons everything is copy of shirts
Only difference is Qameez is longer than shirt and shirt ki tarah full nhi khulta

Never realized Shalwar Kameez was that ancient. Great post.

That shorter, looser belted Gandhara Shalwar Kameez looks similar to the clothes worn by some Pukhtoons, particularly Khattak dancers.

1529652371385225575.jpg

As for Sikhs, they borrowed heavily from the Mughal and Muslim Rajput traditions. Which means such dress must have been common among Islamic empires as well.
Wow, I never really noticed that. Thought this variant was extinct. Will definitely note this down!

This reminds of the Chugha worn by the Northerners which also has its origins from the Kushans.

In line with scientific research findings, people of Pakistan origin are now listed as Central Asian in one of the largest and most reputed commercially available ancestry DNA testing databases.

AncestryDNA now lists all ethnic Pakistanis in the Central Asia - South category, as this is now the accepted norm in scientific research papers. Following the same norms, Afghanistan and Tajikistan are also included in the same category. I had earlier also reported the scientific research findings and papers concerning Pakistan, but seeing it now included in a major commercial ancestry genetic test is quite interesting.

The personal DNA testing company adds the following specific details for the region:

Images depicting the geographic region

View attachment 585910 View attachment 585911 View attachment 586040

I wanted to participate in this thread earlier but somehow forgot, ancestry DNA is organized along the same lines as "Genographic Project" which essentially is a paid evaluation and costs a minimum of $100, ancestry DNA if I am not wrong is 79 British Pound. Over the period of time those who have opted for the test due to one reason or the other their data is collected, compiled and common markers are identified and classified. My understanding is all such initiatives share their data with other agencies like AncestrsyDNA with Genographic and a whole array of such projects.

What actually happening is that a sample from upper 5-10% of the population has been contributing to these test/databanks for one reason or the other, the sample size is very limited in scope and I know for sure that there are families/tribes out here in Pakistan which have never married outside their own blood line, there are communities which are totally isolated, I have no idea about the sample size but truly while those who could afford to go for this test for establishing their roots or those opting for the test to establish parental/descendant/sibling status is very limited.

While many have opted to establish the first one the second one is anathema. This data could not effectively establish its conclusion, unless it adds that the conclusion from the sample leads to the theory but the confidence interval is highly questionable and unless I missed something major out.

Back
Top Bottom