What's new

Major DNA ancestry database now correctly lists Pakistanis as Central Asian

That is the Punjabi variant and I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to accept that. Other ethnic groups historically have had different versions, most of which have become obsolete.

This is the Baloch Variant;
c65dc446a0a4f9824115ff5c81b9e72c.jpg

5912e578ee903db669fcce55421a9fc5.jpg

That Pashtuns have Khet Partug and Perahan Tunban types of Shalwar Kameez; the modern versions of which are influenced by the Punjabi variant.

We Kashmiris have the Phiran, which is made out of a different material and cut differently as well. It is still popular in Northern AJK and the Kashmir Valley.

The Sindhis historically had the Kancha Shalwar, similar to the Baloch variant.

These are very similar to Kurdish salwar, as I said Iranian origin dress.

Why are you guys ashamed of everything about yourselves, you are killing your language as you feel it's rude and teaching your children to converse in Urdu only.

Now you distance yourselves from your dress and claim salwar kameez to be yours.

Salwar kameez is an Iranian origin dress, nothing Punjabi about it, Punjabis wear a nappy or lungi or whatever they call it.

They can claim what they wish but reality is very different.

These people claim others as their heroes so let them claim the attire too, doesn't bother us, they will label you and me as Afghan if we speak the truth and mind but they embrace Indian films, culture and open corridors for their fellow Indian Punjabis and they are still patriotic while we are traitors, Namak harams, Afghans and so on.

Well I rather be a Namak haram Afghan anyday then betray the blood of our shaheeds and forefathers who created this land
We people claim your heroes only because they were Muslims. We equally love Ayyubi , Abdaali , Ghaznavi , Khilji , Zangid Muhamamd bin Qasim , Tariq etc. Punjab's dress is kurta and dhoti but PAKISTAN's dress is Shalwar Qameez.

Shelwar kameez only got popular in Punjab after 1947, otherwise they wore their lungi thing
nothing Punjabi about it, Punjabis wear a nappy or lungi or whatever they call it.
Lungi is a type of Sarong, which have been popular among most historic (and current) farming communities around the world. The Shendyt in ancient Egypt, the Izaar of Yemen, the Kilt of the Gaelics and much more are all examples. This was definitely popular in Punjab among the farmers due to convenience but it was not a "general" attire as you are portraying it to be.

18th century depictions, like most other regions of Pakistan illustrate a Shalwar Kameez-like attire. Historically, the Punjabis called this the "Suthan", which has much older roots.

an-openair-restaurant-lahore-c1889-from-a-private-collection-picture-id464419225.png

persian-wheel-raising-water-from-the-sutlej-river-punjab-pakistan-picture-id113444690.png

upload_2019-10-26_14-38-27.png

lithograph-by-charles-hardinge-of-sikh-soldiers-receiving-their-wages-picture-id534243368

painting-of-mian-mukund-dev-of-jasrota-on-a-riding-expedition-by-nain-picture-id501584435

Stop trying to down play other ethnicities
In no way am I trying to do that, my intention was to instead showcase the ongoing beautiful cultural exchange between our regions and ethnic groups.
From the Peshawari Chapal, Pakol, Sindhi Topi, and so much more.

Shalwar kameez came from Punjab the shalwar is called Suthan and kameez kurta and we have other types as well tamba kurta etc
Shalwar Kameez did not originate in Punjab, only the mainstream variant.

open corridors for their fellow Indian Punjabis and they are still patriotic while we are traitors, Namak harams, Afghans and so on.
There are multiple corridors on the Afghan-Pak border, from which people can freely travel given they have the proper documents.

The Kartarpur corridor is a part of PTI's initiative to promote religious tourism which would benefit our economy. Kartarpur is one of the most holiest sites in Sikhism, the corridor restricts their movement to Kartarpur only.

So, I am not sure what your issue is.
You are right shalwar qameez isn't punjabi dress
Both men and women in Punjab used to wear chadar or lungi with qameez
Never did I claim that Shalwar Kameez is Punjabi, only the current mainstream variant.

Why are you guys ashamed of everything about yourselves, you are killing your language as you feel it's rude and teaching your children to converse in Urdu only.
I am not even Punjabi, I do not understand why you are so insecure and confrontational. If I offended you in any way, then please, as a Muslim and a Pakistani brother, forgive me as that was not my intention.

Now you distance yourselves from your dress and claim salwar kameez to be yours.
Punjabis do not have a "standard dress", nor do they claim the Shalwar Kameez to be theirs. I am only stating that the current/modern mainstream variant comes from Punjab.

Salwar kameez is an Iranian origin dress

Not really, it's always been used by various groups of people.

nothing Punjabi about it, Punjabis wear a nappy or lungi or whatever they call it.

There is literally a style of shalwar kameez known as the "Punjabi suit". Stop making up nonsense.

And if we're going to play that game, we can easily state that your pakol comes from Greeks who raped your ancestors.

These people claim others as their heroes

Oh please, those rulers are only liked for being Muslim.

Why are you guys ashamed of everything about yourselves

When Indo-Aryans in Pakistan take pride in Indo-Aryan history, people like you moan. When Indo-Aryans in Pakistan take pride in Islamic history, people like you still moan. You can't have it both ways, either Ranjt Singh is going to be celebrated for his conquests over Pakhtunkhwa, or Allaudeen Khaliji is going to be celebrated for his inroads into the sub-continent.

you are killing your language

Urdu is our language, Muslims from the sub-continent have been using it as a lingua franca for centuries. And now your people are starting to speak it too.

teaching your children to converse in Urdu only.

What's more useful, Urdu, a national language, or Punjabi, a provincial language?

Punjabi version? That's the pakhtoon version. People of kpk and quetta have worn this type for a very long time. Shelwar kameez only got popular in Punjab after 1947, otherwise they wore their lungi thing. Stop trying to down play other ethnicities

Not true actually, Punjabis have been wearing different attire, other than kurta and dhoti, since time immemorial. That was just a common/cheap attire for poor farmers, especially those who came as refugees from Indian Punjab.

Salwar kameez is an Iranian origin dress, nothing Punjabi about it, Punjabis wear a nappy or lungi or whatever they call it.

They can claim what they wish but reality is very different.

These people claim others as their heroes so let them claim the attire too, doesn't bother us, they will label you and me as Afghan if we speak the truth and mind but they embrace Indian films, culture and open corridors for their fellow Indian Punjabis and they are still patriotic while we are traitors, Namak harams, Afghans and so on.

Well I rather be a Namak haram Afghan anyday then betray the blood of our shaheeds and forefathers who created this land

You have severe inferiority complexes. I suggest you take care of it, and stop burdening us with your vitriol.

We are Pakistani, Muslim, and Punjabi, we don't need any certificate from you or anyone else to define our cultural identity.

These are very similar to Kurdish salwar, as I said Iranian origin dress.

Punjabis are learning Turkish, Chinese, Pukhto, and other languages on a regular basis, in addition to Urdu, we don't feel anything wrong with adopting new things.

Actually this is the strength of Punjab, it can absorb many different people including Pukhtoons (Niyazis,) Hindkowan, Seraiki, Baloch, Sindhis, Kashmiris, and Muhajirs. We are Muslim first, before anything, and view ourselves as the great defenders of Islam.

And if we're going to play that game, we can easily state that your pakol comes from Greeks who raped your ancestors.

Janab, go easy please. This is too much.

Lungi is a type of Sarong, which have been popular among most historic (and current) farming communities around the world. The Shendyt in ancient Egypt, the Izaar of Yemen, the Kilt of the Gaelics and much more are all examples. This was definitely popular in Punjab among the farmers due to convenience but it was not a "general" attire as you are portraying it to be.

18th century depictions, like most other regions of Pakistan illustrate a Shalwar Kameez-like attire. Historically, the Punjabis called this the "Suthan", which has much older roots.

an-openair-restaurant-lahore-c1889-from-a-private-collection-picture-id464419225.png

persian-wheel-raising-water-from-the-sutlej-river-punjab-pakistan-picture-id113444690.png

View attachment 586200
lithograph-by-charles-hardinge-of-sikh-soldiers-receiving-their-wages-picture-id534243368

painting-of-mian-mukund-dev-of-jasrota-on-a-riding-expedition-by-nain-picture-id501584435

In no way am I trying to do that, my intention was to instead showcase the ongoing beautiful cultural exchange between our regions and ethnic groups.

There are multiple corridors on the Afghan-Pak border, from which people can freely travel given they have the proper documents.

The Kartarpur corridor is a part of PTI's initiative to promote religious tourism which would benefit our economy. Kartarpur is one of the most holiest sites in Sikhism, the corridor restricts their movement to Kartarpur only.

Never did I claim that Shalwar Kameez is Punjabi, only the current mainstream variant.

I am not even Punjabi, I do not understand why you are so insecure and confrontational. If I offended you in any way, then please, as a Muslim and a Pakistani brother, forgive me as that was not my intention.

Punjabis do not have a "standard dress", nor do they claim the Shalwar Kameez to be theirs. I am only stating that the current/modern mainstream variant comes from Punjab.

Great post brother, as always.

I have seen another outfit worn by Waris Shah. I don't know what it is called, but I have seen Afghan brothers wearing it in the masjid.

1699bea87b6a2efc6ec32c8f382c6c02.jpg

Some kind of a kurta with ties on the left side of the chest, leaving part of the chest showing.

Looks almost Turkic in origin.

This whole thread is too much. We are not Central Asians, we have always been considered part of South Asia as we are predominantly Indo-Aryan. Central Asians are overwhelmingly not Indo-Aryan.

Disregarding Hindu sources which have major inaccuracies, fabrications, and are reaped in superstitution, can someone please answer the question: What is an Aryan?

Aryan is a corruption of Iranic people who settled most of Pakistan in waves starting from the times of IVC until now. The Hindus embellished it, invented a religion around it through mixing of different ideologies, and corrupted the original meaning.

Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Tajiks, and Kurds are all descendants of Iranic nomadic groups who migrated out of the Altai mountain region over thousands of years. To an extent, Turks/Turkic people are also intermingled with Iranics (for example Kazakhs.) In fact, even Russians and Eastern Europeans share some Iranic DNA from Scythians.

Turks, Mongols, Huns, and Iranics all emerge from and descend from the same region, and followed the same migration routes into the Middle East and Pakistan.

There are certainly are many of us who view themselves as Central Asian origin, and that notion is based on our genetics and history.

View attachment 586200

Screenshot_20191026-212137_Samsung Internet.jpg

It looks more kurd then anything else.

Not really, it's always been used by various groups of people.

There is literally a style of shalwar kameez known as the "Punjabi suit". Stop making up nonsense.

Oh please, those rulers are only liked for being Muslim.

When Indo-Aryans in Pakistan take pride in Indo-Aryan history, people like you moan. When Indo-Aryans in Pakistan take pride in Islamic history, people like you still moan. You can't have it both ways, either Ranjt Singh is going to be celebrated for his conquests over Pakhtunkhwa, or Allaudeen Khaliji is going to be celebrated for his inroads into the sub-continent.

Urdu is our language, Muslims from the sub-continent have been using it as a lingua franca for centuries. And now your people are starting to speak it too.

What's more useful, Urdu, a national language, or Punjabi, a provincial language?
Clearly this shows how ignorant you are. Have you ever heard of whole greek cities being shifted to north western Pakistan and afganistan? You are a Bollywood wannabe that loves to be apart of the swamp dwellers, even tho your not. If you want to bring in conquest then Punjab was also conquered by Pakhtoons and was also colonized. Thus then inheriting alot of Pakhtoon traditions. I wont you the same vulgar vocabulary that you learn from bollywood films, but it was a double edged sword. So you cant go around making fun of us for getting potentially cut. When you yourself got slit too. Go pick of a history book.

That is the Punjabi variant and I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to accept that. Other ethnic groups historically have had different versions, most of which have become obsolete.

That Pashtuns have Khet Partug and Perahan Tunban types of Shalwar Kameez; the modern versions of which are influenced by the Punjabi variant.

We Kashmiris have the Phiran, which is made out of a different material and cut differently as well. It is still popular in Northern AJK and the Kashmir Valley.

Are you insane? Go look at pictures form the 30s or 40s even. Your kin is wearing lugis. Where as out kin has been wearing this type for a long time. You acting the same as the Sikhs do when they talk abt shalwaar, even tho Punjab has been raided conquered by Pakhtoons for longer. Just because you adapted it doesn't mean you invested it.

Shalwar kameez came from Punjab the shalwar is called Suthan and kameez kurta and we have other types as well tamba kurta etc
Oh ya, I bet the chirali hat, chadar and all those other things we wear also came from Punjab. What lunacy is this :cheesy:

Did I say anything about balochi variant? I said Pakhtoon. That is not your dress it was adopted after the culture in pakistan became mixed.

You are right shalwar qameez isn't punjabi dress
Both men and women in Punjab used to wear chadar or lungi with qameez

No one in Punjab claims Shalwar qameez originated from Punjab
Indians claim it's Punjabi dress not Pakistani Punjabis
Are you sure cause the people here are saying otherwise. I'm absolutely in aww at all of this.

View attachment 586226
It looks more kurd then anything else.

Clearly this shows how ignorant you are. Have you ever heard of whole greek cities being shifted to north western Pakistan and afganistan? You are a Bollywood wannabe that loves to be apart of the swamp dwellers, even tho your not. If you want to bring in conquest then Punjab was also conquered by Pakhtoons and was also colonized. Thus then inheriting alot of Pakhtoon traditions. I wont you the same vulgar vocabulary that you learn from bollywood films, but it was a double edged sword. So you cant go around making fun of us for getting potentially cut. When you yourself got slit too. Go pick of a history book.

Are you insane? Go look at pictures form the 30s or 40s even. Your kin is wearing lugis. Where as out kin has been wearing this type for a long time. You acting the same as the Sikhs do when they talk abt shalwaar, even tho Punjab has been raided conquered by Pakhtoons for longer. Just because you adapted it doesn't mean you invested it.

Oh ya, I bet the chirali hat, chadar and all those other things we wear also came from Punjab. What lunacy is this :cheesy:

Did I say anything about balochi variant? I said Pakhtoon. That is not your dress it was adopted after the culture in pakistan became mixed.

Are you sure cause the people here are saying otherwise. I'm absolutely in aww at all of this.
A variant off the shalwar kameez had been in use in punjab since centuries I dont know how hard that is to get through your hollow head.Taking the piss off our culture is not nice if let my words roll out your little *** wont be on this forum Pashtun boy. Keep browsing

A variant off the shalwar kameez had been in use in punjab since centuries I dont know how hard that is to get through your hollow head.Taking the piss off our culture is not nice if let my words roll out your little *** wont be on this forum Pashtun boy. Keep browsing
Hmm, personal attacks how nice. Do roll those words out why are you scared?

And no, no Punjab didnt. Punjabis adopted alot of Pakhtoon culture, that doesn't make it punjabi.

Hmm, personal attacks how nice. Do roll those words out why are you scared?

And no, no Punjab didnt. Punjabis adopted alot of Pakhtoon culture, that doesn't make it punjabi.
what do you mean NO (are you 2 years old) just because you think its not punjabi its not gonna change the fact.Plus us punjabis have been the same since the birth off our language.And we do not have any Pashtun traditions just to let you know also am not scared off smacked heads like you.And please dont tell me half off what pashtun women wear nowadays the female shalwar kameez is also pashtun

Back
Top Bottom