What's new

Major DNA ancestry database now correctly lists Pakistanis as Central Asian

In line with scientific research findings, people of Pakistan origin are now correctly listed as Central Asian in one of the largest and most reputed commercially available ancestry DNA testing databases.

AncestryDNA now lists all ethnic Pakistanis in the Central Asia - South category, as this is now the accepted norm in scientific research papers. Following the same norms, Afghanistan and Tajikistan are also included in the same category. I had earlier also reported the scientific research findings and papers concerning Pakistan, but seeing it now included in a major commercial ancestry genetic test is quite interesting.

The personal DNA testing company adds the following specific details for the region:

Images depicting the geographic region

View attachment 585910 View attachment 585911 View attachment 585912
Wow we Muhajirs/Urdu Speakers are Central Asians now

Last edited:
Indians and Pakistanis are nationalities (and only 70-years-old. at that) and it has nothing to do with DNA. Indians and Pakistanis can share the same DNA but it doesn't mean we are alike. Religion, language, and culture also play a big part.

I sent my DNA to 23andMe.com and got back the result of being South Asian with a smattering of Central Asian blood. I have the blood of invaders, it seems.

Still, it's an interesting exercise or those who want to do it. You may be surprised by who you really are.
How to send DNA?

me lord ,don't be angry
Clear one thing you are indus valley people or greek central arab asian ?

"Hum mowahid haen, hamaara kaish hae tark e rasoom
Millatain jab mit gaeen, ijza e imaan ho gaeen"
(Ghalib)

What is the use of threads like this? Just a mud-slinging act of kids from both sides.

One question....we say Pakistanis are not Indians DNA wise....not entirely true....the whole subcontinent has been a big melting pot for centuries..for world cultures and religions to mix, evolve and flourish. There is no monolith....DNA sample of some Pakistan can match with DNA sample of some Indians or vice versa.

Do we call MA Jinnah Pakistani? If yes, His grandfather was a Hindu Baniya from Kathiawad, Gujrat, India.
Do we call Allama Iqbal Pakistani? If yes, his father was a Hindu Kashmiri Pandit.

So if not all, DNA of most of Pakistani and Indian (especially from north and west of India) will have similarities.

It's not difficult,any tribe which has been away from any major route would have pure race without mixing,and there are lot and lot of them.
Do u like to argue just for the sake of argument?

Let's discuss CONTEXT here. We(me and Ghalib) were discussing genetic mixing in the region that has occurred over thousands of years(so I guess thanks for pointing out the OBVIOUS fact that regions that are cut off wouldn't have mixing...was that even a point of discussion? Did anyone say that isolated pockets of humans have mixing of genes?)

Next up...yes there still exist tribes that are uncontacted(not unknown just uncontacted...we know about their existence and their location...they are not contacted mainly to keep them safe from us bcuz they are most likely not immune to the common diseases that we are immune to).

Knowing that above...I worded it exactly to take into account the existence of groups of populations where mixing did not occur. This is why I never said that "ppl where mixing did not occur do not exist"

Lastly what was being discussed was in terms of GENETIC MAKE UP(mixed vs non mixed) and not in terms of GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION. So when u say that it's NOT DIFFICULT to find them...well of course we know their location...humans have explored the whole world by now...including even the most remote places like Antarctica.
The point was the ratio of mixed vs non mixed. The uncontacted tribes(including the Andaman inhabitants and all the various tribes deep in the Amazon) don't amount to a huge number and therefore as a ratio of mixed vs non mixed...they are very rare.

Now do u have anything else super obvious to state out of context? Or can we not waste time with pointless tangents?

Last edited:
Well its in the dna majority of Pakistanis can actually trace a central asian ancestor.

Many Pakistanis are pro Turk and Turkic many also have the surname Khan.

So many Turkic Empires ruled Pakistan. Babur also had Ottoman Turk volunteers.

Our history is so interwined so it is stupid to say the relations between Turks and Pakistan is like 60 years old when you have 1000+ history of relations.

It starts back in the medieval times.

Ghaznavids are forefathers of modern day Pakistan and Afghanistan. Seljuks are the forefathers of modern day Turkey. Both Ghaznavids and Seljuks are people of Uzbek land of Central Asia .One migrated east while other migrated west, both even had similar banner(green flag with crescent ).The one in my display pic is the Ghanznavid flag. It turned into Pakistans flag today.

interesting how UNESCO defines Central Asia.
Central_Asia_borders4.png

Oye madarchod Pakistan ka map sahi waala use kar aur iss report ki 32 bana k g** mein layy. @Mods is false flag poster ko check karna.
i didn't bang yr mom Sonny must be an other gang
I was replying to an Indian about proof of Aryan invasion theory giving reference of an American journal of genetics if u have issue with the link then do yr Rundi Rona with that journal my child :)
i too don't like the paper showing kashmir part of India but it ain't my doing Sonny
but even thus Indian written paper confirm Aryan invasion and that north and South; Indian r genetically different so read the results my child :)

Last edited:
Actually inaccurate, the "Turkic/Mongolian" genetic contribution is less than 2-3% to Pakistanis, but spikes in Burushos and Hazaras, though their numbers are not that great to affect the average.

Secondly, this genetic component would be categorized under 'East Asian', not 'Central Asian'. This is highlighted in this data graph.
View attachment 585921

Our two main components are from Iranian Neolithic Farmers (IVC) and Indo-European migrants (Aryans). This is also similarly shared with NW and High-caste Indians though they have significantly less Indo-European admixture.

When comparing Iron-age samples of the Indus Region (Vedic Age), we can see that genetically not much has changed except for a shift towards Central Asian/Steppe which can be explained by the Scythian/Kushan/Bactrian migrations that occurred.

unknown.png
Kindly provide the source :)

https://www.jstor.org/stable/41927733?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Clyde Ahmad has published as well.

The Dravidian theory is the most widely accepted theory about the IVC now. There are many more sources on the internet about this besides what I posted.
I think you are out dated to post something from 1990 and claiming it to be the "most widely accepted"....Kindly come into the 21st century and see how much has changed ESPECIALLY due to new markers associated in studies in 2010 and forward!

Back
Top Bottom