What's new

Major breakdown of electricity in different areas of Pakistan

@Enigma SIG

This is a very serious charge you are making! If indeed what you say is true, it could be long before the grid is properly restored. I hope for the sake of my Pakistani friends, it is not true.

Regards

even if there is no foreign exchange? What about people who want to do rupee transactions?

This is a traders market where traders have large accounts with banks. So if a bank stays open all day, the staff would risk upsetting the big clients by denying their LC (foreign exchange) requests all day long.

Such markets usually open around 11:00 am in Lahore so the banks around that traders market were closed at 12:00 pm.

Happy times.

Last edited:
Any links? This is very big news if true.

According to this news article, DG oil has written a letter to SBP that only 2 weeks of oil reserves are left in country because SBP has not issued foreign exchange to the oil companies to import petroleum products.

But most likely nationwide blackout is not due to oils reserves being depleted completely but rather power generation companies (IPPs) shut down the plants due to non-payment of the amount owed to them. Remember when PPP & PML(N) contracted with these IPPS, these IPPs were promised to be paid in USD.

Many Thanks to Idara.

Last edited:
Tell your friends, family and colleagues to buy adequate siphoning equipment to siphon the petrol out of their cars, to power their generators.

It’s a tool that’s much overlooked till you’re in the heat of the moment…….which I never expected it would come to, but here we are

Stockpile long-term foods and as much fuel as you can for your generators….it’s going to be a hell of a year

Last edited:
FnJY8P7aYAErPUR

بریک ڈاون کے بعد انے والی بجلی بریک ڈاون سے پہلے والی بجلی سے زیادہ خطرناک ثابت ہوگی.. حامد میر

Shit has the fan, money is dwindling very fast, PDM gang of thieves are hanging on by clutch of straws, only a matter of time the country is headed towards a default even if PDM succeeds getting an IMF bailout which probably will be very temporary it still won't be enough to save from the looming disaster.

Back
Top Bottom