What's new

Major breakdown of electricity in different areas of Pakistan

Exactly I am comfortably sitting in US and such have no incentive to go to Karachi nor the desire. But those complaining about conditions in Karachi and/or beyond do have the incentive to take matters in their hands and if they won't then their constant complaining is all hollow and there aren't any issues.

Why not consider letting them decide what to do rather than telling them?

it was due to shutting down power units during low demands. Otherwise, plants run idle in such a situation.
Considering the electricity demands in China, I hope a plan can be worked out to build a power line to China. What ever power we don’t need we feed into their grid in Xinjiang. It gives the IPPs a second market, and a solid way for Pakistan to repay its debts.

Considering the electricity demands in China, I hope a plan can be worked out to build a power line to China. What ever power we don’t need we feed into their grid in Xinjiang. It gives the IPPs a second market, and a solid way for Pakistan to repay its debts.
It would be better if we could give incentives to Chinese to open companies share which can use electricity on subsidy etc.

The line through Karakoram is impossible to build and maintain. Don't forget the losses.

Lastly, why will China outsource power for its citizen?

It would be better if we could give incentives to Chinese to open companies share which can use electricity on subsidy etc.

The line through Karakoram is impossible to build and maintain. Don't forget the losses.

Lastly, why will China outsource power for its citizen?

Long transmission lines from Pakistan to China was what I meant. I know the terrain is challenging, but unless we get as FDI to re-industrialize, selling excess electricity to repay our debts is the only alternatives. Better then letting the plants eat up foreign reserves.

That why getting phase 2 of CPEC (the SEZs and re-industrialization) back on line is crucial. It’s the most cost effective solution, and will help us grow out of this mess.

Long transmission lines from Pakistan to China was what I meant. I know the terrain is challenging, but unless we get as FDI to re-industrialize, selling excess electricity to repay our debts is the only alternatives. Better then letting the plants eat up foreign reserves.

That why getting phase 2 of CPEC (the SEZs and re-industrialization) back on line is crucial. It’s the most cost effective solution, and will help us grow out of this mess.
Yes. PTI was actually encouraging to make more industries to use electricity. That is why the textile got boom and some industrial parks were developing. That is a better alternative.

@FuturePAF @Goenitz @Menace2Society @villageidiot @epebble

Could it really be a cyber attack? Not out of the question tbh given the ineptness running so deep

Most detailed account so far.

Internal documents reveal reasons for Pakistan power grid crash​

Are you aware of the transmission loss of energy with distance?

Are you aware of the transmission loss of energy with distance?
Yes, but it’s not an insurmountable challenge. Remote power generation plants have been connected to the grid with high voltage power lines in such a way to decrease transition loss.

Initial coats can be high, but the long term benefit of a connecting an underutilized producer with a growing consumer market should pay for itself over a number of years. Pakistan already has the Diamer Bhasha Dam being built along the route.

But considering the climate and terrain, it may indeed not be economically feasible. Although, There was that plan for electricity through Central Asia; CASA 1000 Or something, so a connection to the Chinese grid via Central Asia maybe a more sustainable alternative. This is is Phase 2 of CPEC doesn’t materialize. Re-industrialization and local electricity use is the preferred option.

Back
Top Bottom