What's new

Major among 14 security personnel killed in Balochistan shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then, isnt BLA a purely Balochistan phenomenon and a direct reaction to Pakistan's action (since 1947) in next door Balochistan (using tactics nicely highlighted in post 56)?

Balochistan isn't ''next door'' --it acceded to Pakistan willingly and with full backing. BLA markets itself as a Baloch phenomenon and in fact, some of their demands --- or demands made by other Baloch nationalists i 200% sympathize with them, for your information.

the means they use however are not acceptable.....last year they murdered a well-respected Sindhi school teacher, and the entire province erupted in anger over her killing. Baloch know that these groups do not fight for their interests, they most certainly arent fighting for the interests of Pakistan ---but rather something sinister.

suffice to say, there is no draconian ''special powers acts'' for the armed forces in Balochistan....by the way, media and human rights groups are allowed to operate in Balochistan....it's dangerous for them because they can be targetted or kidnapped in certain areas, but they operate there.

perhaps Pakistani_Nationalist (a Baloch himself) or our other Baloch Pakistani members who are better informed can shed some light, since this thread did find a way to attract some of the most dim-witted people on this forum

Baluchistan is undeveloped not to mention separatists groups and Terrorists from Afghanistan is are coming in filling it with Drugs, Weapons etc etc.

simple...in their eyes they are freedom fighters and in our eyes (and in the eyes of most Baloch) they are terrorists; or at least highly misguided people using tactics that are illegal --and therefore unacceptable

you keep yapping about Kashmir when the violence in occupied Kashmir is quite low lately; Kashmiri nationalists are increasingly using media to highlight their plight (which is why social networking sites and even text messaging services are banned in the besieged occupied area)

Balochistan isn't ''next door'' --it acceded to Pakistan willingly and with full backing. BLA markets itself as a Baloch phenomenon and in fact, some of their demands --- or demands made by other Baloch nationalists i 200% sympathize with them, for your information.

Likewise.. Kashmir did to India..

the means they use however are not acceptable.....last year they murdered a well-respected Sindhi school teacher, and the entire province erupted in anger over her killing. Baloch know that these groups do not fight for their interests, they most certainly arent fighting for the interests of Pakistan ---but rather something sinister.

Same can be said about another troubled region in the subcontinent..

suffice to say, there is no draconian ''special powers acts'' for the armed forces in Balochistan....by the way, media and human rights groups are allowed to operate in Balochistan....it's dangerous for them because they can be targetted or kidnapped in certain areas, but they operate there.

True.. Not because of anything but the fact that in Pakistan, Army anyway is above the law..They dont need any special powers to do pretty much anything, not only in Balochistan but anywhere in pakistan

perhaps Pakistani_Nationalist (a Baloch himself) or our other Baloch Pakistani members who are better informed can shed some light, since this thread did find a way to attract some of the most dim-witted people on this forum

Would be interesting to hear that..

Baluchistan is undeveloped not to mention separatists groups and Terrorists from Afghanistan is are coming in filling it with Drugs, Weapons etc etc.

it's under-developed because of the feudal system that thrives there; the nawabs want to keep the people under-developed so they can maintain their influence over them

i'd love to see the reaction of the power-hungry nawabs when 5,000 patriotic Baloch cadets were inducted into the Pakistan Army quite recently

simple...in their eyes they are freedom fighters and in our eyes (and in the eyes of most Baloch) they are terrorists; or at least highly misguided people using tactics that are illegal --and therefore unacceptable

you keep yapping about Kashmir when the violence in occupied Kashmir is quite low lately; Kashmiri nationalists are increasingly using media to highlight their plight (which is why social networking sites and even text messaging services are banned in the besieged occupied area)

Right okay i get the picture now. Yes violence is low it's the snow season the militants will wait for the summer before they embark on their voyage of death

The brother in law (serving brig) of the Martyred Major lives in my street.....

The loss is tragic...nothing can fulfill it... But i hope FC makes sure these terrorist bastards get the bullet they deserve...

May God bless our soldiers ameen...

Stop believing blindly what likes of JuD keep feeding Pakistanis
No intention to ban Facebook in Kashmir: Omar

it's under-developed because of the feudal system that thrives there; the nawabs want to keep the people under-developed so they can maintain their influence over them

i'd love to see the reaction of the power-hungry nawabs when 5,000 patriotic Baloch cadets were inducted into the Pakistan Army quite recently

5000 joining the army suppose to change something about it ? you have people who cannot afford hospitals or can't go to school not to mention all the target killing. Balochistan has the richest natural wealth yet it remains the poorest.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

However I don't see Balochistan separating like East Pakistan due to many reason East Pakistan was to far away. east pakistan had a a large population to control, balochistan has about 7-8 million. so pak is lucky however you should start developing balochistan.

Its not just the sardari system... GoP doesnt give us our share either.....

Also they recruicted 10000 soldiers this year frm baluchistan.... But they should solve other issues aswell...

Likewise.. Kashmir did to India..

your maharaja did, under indian pressure......it was an undemocratic move and Kashmiris were not taken into confidence. Therefore the british hangover maharaja's decision is invalid --dont take my word for it though, just ask any Kashmiri.

Same can be said about another troubled region in the subcontinent..

violence is on the decline as far as occupied Kashmir is concerned; most of your terrorism and insurrections are taking place now in the troubled northeast

True.. Not because of anything but the fact that in Pakistan, Army anyway is above the law..They dont need any special powers to do pretty much anything, not only in Balochistan but anywhere in pakistan

empty, sensationalist statement not even worth commenting on.....check your facts

your maharaja did, under indian pressure......it was an undemocratic move and Kashmiris were not taken into confidence. Therefore the british hangover maharaja's decision is invalid --dont take my word for it though, just ask any Kashmiri.

violence is on the decline as far as occupied Kashmir is concerned; most of your terrorism and insurrections are taking place now in the troubled northeast

empty, sensationalist statement not even worth commenting on.....check your facts

Just remind them how dogra forces killed 250,00000 kashmiri protesters wanting a merger with Pakistan in 47... And most will just run off.

Kashmir Issue off topic, Pakistan is in a state of Decay I wish America did something to keep Musharraf in power he kept pak together the current democracy is unstable.

Well, that incident, and alot more, have unfortunately already happened, and the accountable were held, senior officials that is, not the JCO's or Majors.

I hope you are true about the accountability for the senior officials part. I hope it did happened.

Kashmir Issue off topic, Pakistan is in a state of Decay I wish America did something to keep Musharraf in power he kept pak together the current democracy is unstable.

He is one of the reasons for the low level insurgency in baluchistan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom