What's new

Major among 14 security personnel killed in Balochistan shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP to the men in uniform who laid thier lifes in the front line.
The problem of Bolich is that it has not witnessed any improvement in the last 60 years and have been constantly neglected by the GOP.
The GOP has to bring up necessary policies to improve the Boluch peoples life so that they realize that they are not a seperate group and are constuients of main stream Pakistan.

if it was indeed the BLA, then these paid agents just signed their death warrant.....the BLA does receive support across the border, we know who is supporting these groups

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

R.I.P To soldiers !!

Are these Baloch rebels Still active ? Last i heard was Insurgency In Balochistan was Reduced to Lot of extent

reduced, but doesnt mean they don't exist....the Iranians deal with a similar problem on their side

if it was indeed the BLA, then these paid agents just signed their death warrant.....the BLA does receive support across the border, we know who is supporting these groups

Do share along with evidence if any ....

Well something happened In Chitral, in NW 2009 where Helicopter helped the soldiers but it was late too. We can thought, the area where 14 soldiers martyred might be inaccessible through roads and only helicopter can reach there.

Yaar the worst part is that not only they damaged a big casualty to security forces but also escaped without even a single attacker getting killed or even injured. What our seurity forces were ding. Just getting killed at the hand of terrorists?

Who should I blame for this and who is responsible for this? Where is PA, Where is so called democratic govt, where is so called opposition. Why don't they do something to punish the perpetrators of such attack? How long our soldiers of Pakistan would keep getting killed such cheaply?

very well said, this got to be the best answer for a "potentially" flame bait question

anyone who is interested in disturbing the peace and not letting the public live a peaceful life and the officials work with peace of mind. when doctors and professors are routinely rounded up and shot dead. When the passengers are marched out of the busses and then executed (whether Baloch or not Baloch) then it only helps the anarchists and makes the job of the law enforcement agencies even harder.

To be specific, BLA takes pride in killing the “traitors” and dumping their bodies like the South American drug cartels for all to see as a warning but despite these drive by shootings people carry on with their lives. There is not much to do anyway so they keep coming to construction sites for casual labour. People have a very philosophical approach to that despite their educational level, they say, too bad someone died but better him than me. Sometimes the assailant walks back and joins the crowd to have a look at his “kill” and then walks away when the ambulance staff or police tells people to move along.
I got some nice baloch patroit friends.... and I'm sharing there preception and judgement.

It was well co-ordinated attack. Those soldiers were protecting chamlang mines which is a mountainous area having high peaks and grounds . Assailants might had a high ground plus there might be some snipers with them also. Combine snipers, Mortars High ground and 50-100 Attackers, We will definitely get a higher causality rate.

The soldiers should have access to air force..and they could have called an air strike.....14 soldiers cannot be killed in minutes,the fight must have gone on for hours.The attackers must have advantage of height,but then why the military planners chose to leave the high grounds uncontrolled? The bottom line is that one fighter jet could have pounded the entire hill side and saved our soldiers..why this didnt happen?

Whatever it was but where were the reinforcements. It went on for hours and no bloody reinforcement was their. And none of the attackers were killed or arrested. This is highly pathetic.

You will be more appalled when a whole platoon , which had surrounded the house, got hounded by some ragtags firing in the air , who subsequently escaped.

You will be more appalled when a whole platoon , which had surrounded the house, got hounded by some ragtags firing in the air , who subsequently escaped.

After this incident I won't be appalled if this really happens or would have happened.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Anyways I hope after this incident the security forces would keep their head cool and would be careful while dealing with the terrorists. No innocent civilian should be targeted or harmed in any way in our counter operation against the terrorists. And I still believe that we don't need to launch a full scale military operation in Baluchistan as some members are saying.

very well said, this got to be the best answer for a "potentially" flame bait question

anyone who is interested in disturbing the peace and not letting the public live a peaceful life and the officials work with peace of mind. when doctors and professors are routinely rounded up and shot dead. When the passengers are marched out of the busses and then executed (whether Baloch or not Baloch) then it only helps the anarchists and makes the job of the law enforcement agencies even harder.

To be specific, BLA takes pride in killing the “traitors” and dumping their bodies like the South American drug cartels for all to see as a warning but despite these drive by shootings people carry on with their lives. There is not much to do anyway so they keep coming to construction sites for casual labour. People have a very philosophical approach to that despite their educational level, they say, too bad someone died but better him than me. Sometimes the assailant walks back and joins the crowd to have a look at his “kill” and then walks away when the ambulance staff or police tells people to move along.

no it was not a flame bait....and u ppl are skirting the question....i was not talking about panjabi settlers who may be killed by baloch fighters...i was talking about the balochis...i see every now and then those bodies appear and invariabley they will be a member of some party that believes in baloch nationalism......

so r u saying the baloch fighters itself kill these baloch nationalists...? for what reason..... let me be more direct...u think the army and fc are nto involved in that,,,???

and stop accusing india directly or indirectly...if india had got involved the low level insurgency will not be low level anymore...

Yes, ask them to cut aid to Pakistan ... oh wait, they are already doing that, how many things can the threaten to 'cut the same aid' over?

BTW, also ask him to look into the massacres of non-Baluch settlers and both Baluch and non-Baluch teachers, principals, educators etc. by the Baluch terrorist groups - surely you and your congressman consider the killings of 'non-combatants' 'terrorism' don't you?

And if you do consider the killings of noncombatants, deliberately by Baluch rebel groups, terrorism, please ask if the Baluch groups have been officially declared 'terrorist entities' by the State Department, and why Brahamdegh Bugti and his fellow terrorists were sheltered in Kabul by the Afghans and US?

Or is that too many uncomfortable questions for your congressman and you?

Lets break it down into pieces to understand.

1. Pak Mil vs Rebels is all part of the game. No moral high grounds to take by either side here.

2. Killing of Punjabi settlers by Baloch rebels is more deep than just saying killing of non-combatants. Balochs have a point (legit or illegit - depending on which side you're on) when they Punjabi settlers are occupying their homeland by migrations.

3. Pak Mil has cracked down on Baloch journalists, freelance writers, lawyers, human rights defenders and political activists. This is the part I find most disturbing - a state killing its own civilians.

http://www.thebalochhal.com/2011/06...r-outweighs-killing-of-10-baloch-journalists/

After this incident I won't be appalled if this really happens or would have happened.

Well, that incident, and alot more, have unfortunately already happened, and the accountable were held, senior officials that is, not the JCO's or Majors.

Loss of life is said. We guys may sit next to the systems/phones and type away our internet war threats. However the real loss is in the family of the slain. Moreso in poor nations like ours where the bread and dreams of kids education sometimes just pass away with the jawan. Actually a lot more goes away. Could not be more sad.
However, I have to comment on the vitriol that is there against baluch nationalists on this thread. Some are giving wierd stories of there youth and justifications for the missing people, and others are out for blood lust. The perfunctory reference to outside forces is also duly made.
My question is that even when there are outside forces helping (if you really must say that then let us have the latitude to assume), then still the guy pulling the trigger is a baluch! WHat makes them do it. Has there been really some thought to it? Say they talk about the punjabi injustice. Is that correct? Have the punjabis been unjust to them and exploited them? Some talk about military operation, do these people think that the killing of Nawab Bugti Sahab in a manner where Jackals were hunting the Lion in hordes would not have irked the baluchs? Or was it different?
In fact even Maulana Aziz also referred in his telephonic conversation during the lal masjid sieze that even the Indians behaved better when faced a similar sieze like Nawab Sahab had faced away from the media glare. His dead body was buried without his family being present. Was it not just the same as bhutto's burial for which the sindhis mourn and detest Zia to this day? So when sindhis have a right to detest the army dictator zia for the bhutto hanging and the innoucous burial then why can't the baluch nationalists have the same feeling about Naawab Sahab and another General Dictator, Musshharraf?

I know that the auto impulsive response will be to not answer but to divert by bringing up Kashmir and maoists. But hey, our friends here vehemently claim that they are better than India and even dispute the oneness and bloodline with the Indians. So then why this bloodlust for the baluch when they too are Pakistanis? They are. Right?

no it was not a flame bait....and u ppl are skirting the question....i was not talking about panjabi settlers who can be killed by baloch fighters...i was talking about the balochis...i see every now and then those bodies appear and invariabley they will be a member of some baloch nationalist party......

It is not a question of Balochi/Punjabi/Pathan/Sindhi, it is all about human-beings. Any human-being killed on the face of earth should be a sad moment for all those who respects humanity. Killing of anyone from any ethnic or religious group to be condemned.

so r u saying the baloch fighters itself kill these baloch nationalists...? for what reason....
Well, generally, it is not a valid point. In my personal opinion, no it is not.

and stop accusing india directly or indirectly...if india had got involved the low level insurgency will not be low level anymore...let me be more direct...u think the army and fc are nto involved in that,,,???

Accusing india is only a reciprocating gesture and such behavior will not going to help us or to you any longer.

Bl[i]tZ;2311531 said:
Lets break it down into pieces to understand.

1. Pak Mil vs Rebels is all part of the game. No moral high grounds to take by either side here.

2. Killing of Punjabi settlers by Baloch rebels is more deep than just saying killing of non-combatants. Balochs have a point (legit or illegit - depending on which side you're on) when they Punjabi settlers are occupying their homeland by migrations.

3. Pak Mil has cracked down on Baloch journalists, freelance writers, lawyers, human rights defenders and political activists. This is the part I find most disturbing - a state killing its own civilians.

Why Saleem Shehzad

Comparing Vis a Vis with Indian occupied kashmir

1.India Vs Rebels. No moral ground justified for either side

2. Kashmiri Rebel killing Indian Pundits and all other pro establishment is deep and is legit or not depends upon the side you are on

3. Indian Military crack down on Kashmiri Civilians and issues of un marked gave is the matter of great concern for all of us.

P.S. Nothing Personal, On your concerns and worries, i remembered mine too and thought to share it here as i'm not a senior member and cant post in Kashmir subforum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom