What's new

Major among 14 security personnel killed in Balochistan shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is one of the reasons for the low level insurgency in baluchistan...

I can say he ran Pakistan better now, pak does not seem to be enjoying the fruits of democracy, for the next ten years pakistan needs to undergo a deradicalization, Start developing, getting rid of corruption and fixing pakistan you can worry about kashmir when your country is back on top.

I hope you are true about the accountability for the senior officials part. I hope it did happened.

That is a thing of the past, when Maj Generals were directly held accountable , and subsequently charged, but now, the COAS does do some personal preferences, which result in the JCo's being punished, but not the top men.

Hope it changes though. The Jehlum incident, and many more point other wise, sadly.

which is why a just and sustainable solution in Afghanistan is needed

it is no secret that like other terrror outfits, the BLA has contacts and safehouses in Afghanistan.....

However I don't see Balochistan separating like East Pakistan due to many reason East Pakistan was to far away. east pakistan had a a large population to control, balochistan has about 7-8 million. so pak is lucky however you should start developing balochistan.

well baloch region is surely getting more active.Preparing an ambush of this magnitude clearly shows the baloch attackers are well trained, co-ordinated and fearless of the consequences -a motivated lot to watch out in the not so distant future, and certainly more than headache for Pakistan.

Well The BLA seems to be taking advantage of the current situation now the best way to beat is to start developing Baluchistan Schools, Hospitals, Jobs once you do that the support will fall apart then you can go in the for the kill.

I saw the article where does it say 250,000 were killed?

Another one with refrences:

But in the Jammu Province, things went very differently. There, unlike every other part of the State, Hindus and Sikhs slightly outnumbered Muslims; and within a period of eleven weeks starting in August, systematic savageries, similar to those already launched in East Punjab and in Patiala and Kapurthala, practically eliminated the entire Muslim element in the population, amounting to 500,000 people. About 200,000 just disappeared, remaining untraceable, having presumably been butchered, or died from epidemics or exposure. The rest fled destitute to West Punjab….This writer talked about it early in the following month with Mr. Gandhi, deducing that, even more than the carnage in and around Delhi itself, it explained the despairing mood of that great teacher of ahimsa during his last few weeks of life.

A few excerpts from the Official Records

Official Records of the United Nations Security Council, Meeting No:234, 1948, pp.249-250:

Special Correspondent of the Daily Telegraph of London, Douglas Brown, in the issue of 12 January 1948:

"Yet another element in the situation is provided by Sikh refugees from the West Punjab who have seized Muslim lands in Jammu…. They originated the massacres there last October, to clear for themselves new Sikh territory to comensate for their losses in Pakistan and to provide part of the nucleus of a future Sikhistan. "

Official Records of the United Nations Security Council, Meeting No:534, 6 March 1951, pp.3-4:

Shortly after the terrible slaughters in India, which accompanied partition, the Maharaja set upon a course of action whereby, in the words of the special correspondent of The Times of London published in its issue of 10 October 1948,"in the remaining Dogra area, 237,000 Muslims were systematically exterminated, unless they escaped to Pakistan along the border, by all the forces of the Dogra State headed by the Maharaja in person and aided by Hindus and Sikhs."

Official Records of the United Nations Security Council, Meeting No:226, 1948, pp.71-2
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...lojGDg&usg=AFQjCNEcpdanirTkjzdi_dV9G_xgsjRASQ

For all the trollers,

The Chamalang Coal mine is a tribal dispute.It had remained out of production for decades due to tribal issues.It was opened by Pervez Musharraf by insuring security to one side.The other side has never accepted this and they have been in collision with FC and proGovt side which is mnning right now.
hundreds of paramilitary men were deployed for security and I personally do not think it to be right.the Government should have given share to both sides according to any rule of land.
The incident which has happened today is the result of that poor decision.The area people never forget their land and lady.

Stick to the topic.

PN commented on the Dogra forces killing 250,000 people and backed it up with a link.

If anyone wants to discuss that further, start a new thread with the article as the discussion point.

Bl[i]tZ;2311531 said:
Lets break it down into pieces to understand.

1. Pak Mil vs Rebels is all part of the game. No moral high grounds to take by either side here.
Combatants v combatants is fine, but then NATO should not be calling the Taliban terrorists either when they ambush and attack military targets.

2. Killing of Punjabi settlers by Baloch rebels is more deep than just saying killing of non-combatants. Balochs have a point (legit or illegit - depending on which side you're on) when they Punjabi settlers are occupying their homeland by migrations.
There is NO justification behind killing combatants - these settlers have been settled in Baluchistan for generations, hundreds of years even, and they were not forcibly moved there ala Israel - they are part of a natural migration process, and set up businesses or obtained employment locally, and bought and built up their lives and homes - they did not usurp anything at the barrel of a gun ala Israel and the Israeli settlers.

Many of the educationists being killed by Baluch rebels/terrorists are of Baluch ethnicity - they are being threatened and killed for taking a pro-Pakistan position and refusing to abide by terrorist diktat.

That you would even try and excuse these terrorist massacres of innocents indicates what kind of depraved mindset you possess.
3. Pak Mil has cracked down on Baloch journalists, freelance writers, lawyers, human rights defenders and political activists. This is the part I find most disturbing - a state killing its own civilians.

Why Saleem Shehzad
Outside of speculative theories, there is no evidence that the Pakistani security forces have targeted anyone not believed to be linked to the violent insurgency in some manner. Mistakes do happen of course, but the intent is to target those providing material support to the terrorists - hiding behind labels of 'writer, journalist, HR defender and political activist' does not make one immune from the repercussions of providing shelter and support to terrorists.

Bl[i]tZ;2310666 said:
RIP to the soldiers!

This is the fifth insurgency of the conflict in Balochistan.

Pakistan has responded with brutal crackdown.

There are always two sides of a picture.

I have been calling my congressman to look into the human rights abuses and killing of Baloch Activists.

lol did u told him about Kashmir ? Asam and other parts of India too. Conflict of Baluchistan hahah. Indian dream.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Thats why we need to kick out Indian intersset from Afghanistan since Indians are using Afghanistan to spred terror in Pakistan.

A good day in the office for the Rebels and a bad day for FC, but the FC has slowly become a battle hardened Force and will like all professional forces put in better SOP's and my wishes are with the Families, hope they are taken care of.

...? for what reason..... let me be more direct...u think the army and fc are nto involved in that,,,???

and stop accusing india directly or indirectly...if india had got involved the low level insurgency will not be low level anymore...

first, I dont think, I know because I live in Balochistan, the FC jsut like FF is based mainly on Balochis, we dont kill our own for the sake of causing more chaos. we dont want unrest and dont want to play in the hands of the trouble makers.

secondly my dear, you are very poorly informed, India has been active via Afghanistan whenever there was anti- Pakistan government, during Bhutto time it was more serious and was crushed through major crackdown. its not Bangladesh my dear so you cant do much here.

Bl[i]tZ;2311531 said:
2. Killing of Punjabi settlers by Baloch rebels is more deep than just saying killing of non-combatants. Balochs have a point (legit or illegit - depending on which side you're on) when they Punjabi settlers are occupying their homeland by migrations.

3. Pak Mil has cracked down on Baloch journalists, freelance writers, lawyers, human rights defenders and political activists. This is the part I find most disturbing - a state killing its own civilians.

please dont justify the terrorists, you wont like it when someone will use your example to justify the killing of civilians in Indian insurgencies. just for your information there are more Balochis in Sindh and Punjab than there are Sindhis or Punjabis in Balochsitan. and 50% of Balochsitan is ethnic Pastons anyway. So don’t use this lame excuse from biased and lying writers. There are many Baloch familes that have not left Balochistan for Punjab or Sindh willingly but were forced due to the continued targeting by their fellow Baloch who use the nationalist, ethnic and freedom fighting or sectarian tag whatever suits them.

Your disturbance is duly noted and we appreciate your concern. I am sure our forces can learn something from your army and the DATA law being employed in Kashmir.

Our CJ and president are ethnic Baloch as well so are many influential leaders of of the past and present its not like we are not represented or don’t have a say in the state of affairs. if army and police starts killing the journalists and human right activists like you are claiming based on halfassed articles by people who never been to that place then I promise you there will never be any news agency or human rights organisation or its staff left to work there in Balochistan. Since the Musharrafs time, Pakistan has seen a boom in journalism and news agencies and people write against the army as a matter of polcie and an expression of freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom