What's new

Mahmud Ghaznawi: Loved by Afghans and Pakistanis but hated by Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say that all Pakistanis and Afghans see him as hero but I think it's well known that many Pakistanis and Afghans celebrate this guy because he spread Islam in South Asia

If only loot and murders was real islam. The problem is spread of islam was based on blood.

so a person who invades other religion's worshipping places and loots gold from them is ur hero

ideal muslim was salah-ud-din or akbar the great

they were fair to everyone and not fanatic

what about those who on his behest used to control his captured lands i-e locals the hindus
he accepted men from all religions in to his army, basically a warrior who loved war.

So what I dont get is following.

Ghaznavi invaded pre British India which included parts of today's Pakistan. Afghans feeling proud of him is understandable as he was an Afghan warlord. Dont know what is Pakistan's love for him based on. He was actually responsible for conquering today's Pakistan multiple times and killing the ancestors of today's Pakistanis. Looks like a Stockholm syndrome at a national level for Pakistanis...

episode of somnath was enough fall us in love with him

Na na Sir jii

Main to Indians ko buss samja rha hon.atleast we have choice of different history unlike them as they have to stick with indian history without any choice. :D

Thats what i said in other thread to dumbass Indian. There are some who said we comes with turks, arabs etc And then those who say we are converted. But you know what in both cases our history is glorious while Indians aka ASI history is pathetic to say the least if not for foreign people. :cheers:

Many Afghans want to portray Mahmud Ghaznawi as an Afghan but that's false. His father was a Turkic slave-solider and his mother was a Persian aristocrat

But, Mahmud was a King of the Afghans. It is same as the Mughals were the Kings of Hindustan, King Farooque, a Turkish, was the King of Egypt, and Queen Elizabeth's forefathers were German.

Any self respecting human being/ society would hate the invaders. There is one exception to this rule though, no prizes for guessing who/what that exception is .

Do you hate Maurya empire? And other dozen non-muslim kingdoms who always plundered, raped and killed in South Asia? If you dont hate them then there is another exception to the rule :nana:

There are more Pashtun in Pakistan than in Afghanistan and they consider one another the same nation of tribes with the same history. So no problem with Pakistan celebrating him.

Pakistan should name its missiles with more and more names like these invaders and looters.It will simply boost our morale during war :D

Do you hate Maurya empire? And other dozen non-muslim kingdoms who always plundered, raped and killed in South Asia? If you dont hate them then there is another exception to the rule :nana:

Well Maurya Empire was from around the area I am from, so no, I don't hate Maurya Empire:coffee: I do hate invaders who came from foreign lands though, be it Central Asians, Pashtuns or Persians. If not hate, then Indian atleast don't revere them.

Mahmud of Ghazni invaded Hindustan, which according to him was the land east of Indus. Ironically 75% of Pakistani population lives east of Indus:woot:

Well Maurya Empire was from around the area I am from, so no, I don't hate Maurya Empire:coffee:

Mahmud of Ghazanavi invaded Hindustan, which according to him land east of Indus. Ironically 75% of Pakistani population lives east of Indus:woot:

According to many Hindutvas Afghanistan is a part of historical Bharat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom