What's new

Mahmud Ghaznawi: Loved by Afghans and Pakistanis but hated by Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.. But Isn't Ghaznavi in Afghanistan? Anyway, still the logic stands.. Can not understand Pakistani love for the man. The only thing I can think of is that he invaded and killed Hindus (which includes today's Pakistanis' ancestors).. Kind of like cutting the nose to spite the face..

Pakistan naming their missiles after Ghaznavi is like Pakistanis of 100 years from now glorifying the likes of TTP and Osama (who am i kidding.. A lot of Pakistanis already glorify these folks :) )

Well, Pakistani making history again :rofl:

The Ghaznavid dynasty (Persian: غزنویان‎) was a Muslim dynasty of Turkic slave origin[5][6][7] ruling much of Persia, Transoxania, and the northern parts of the Indian subcontinent from 975 to 1186.[8][9][10] The dynasty was founded by Sebuktigin, upon his succession to rule of Ghazna (modern-day Ghazni Province in Afghanistan) after the death of his father-in-law, Alp Tigin, who was a break-away ex-general of the Samanids from Balkh, north of the Hindu Kush in Khorasan.[11]

Although the dynasty was of Central Asian Turkic origin, it was thoroughly Persianized in terms of language, culture, literature, and habits,[12][13][14][15] and hence is regarded by some as a "Persian dynasty" rather than Turkic.[8][10][16][17][18][19][20][21][22]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghaznavids

The capital of the Ghaznavid empire was the city Ghazna in modern Afghanistan. This means that the empire was named after the capital Ghazna in modern Afghanistan

Mahmud Ghaznavi was a looter of Indian temples so he is naturally to be hated here

may be there are some reason why pakistan dont want to get stick to the shameful/bow before teenagers indian history.

and i think you know better than me about the durrand line agreement

Wrror, sunaaa haiii ke Mahmud of Ghazni is from your Tribe ? :unsure:

And what about the Durand Line Agreement ? :what:

Abbbb ye na kehnaa kei aaap bhiii Durand Line ko nahin maaanteiii ! :cray:

Unless of course if you're saying that Afghanistan is a Province of Pakistan ! :yay:

may be there are some reason why pakistan dont want to get stick to the shameful/bow before teenagers indian history.

and i think you know better than me about the durrand line agreement

Again.. Where did the man hail from? Is that place in present day Pakistan? Just because you have a lot of Pashtuns, you cant claim ownership of Pashtun history. What's next ? Claim of Mecca because you have more Muslims than SA :lol:?

Unless of course if you're saying that Afghanistan is a Province of Pakistan ! :yay:

Long time Bro !! :)

Some regard him as a hero some not, Majority of pakistanis do. many in india also accept him as their hero, muslims mainly.

Na na Sir jii

Main to Indians ko buss samja rha hon.atleast we have choice of different history unlike them as they have to stick with indian history without any choice. :D

Again.. Where did the man hail from? Is that place in present day Pakistan? Just because you have a lot of Pashtuns, you cant claim ownership of Pashtun history. What's next ? Claim of Mecca because you have more Muslims than SA :lol:?

Long time Bro !! :)

Yes its been a long time ! :)

Of the above - It doesn't matter where he hailed from...what matters is who were his People - The Pashtuns !

And why ? Because the concept of Nation States is a very recent concept !

He & others like him are Pashtun Heroes - They belong to the Pashtun People not a piece of Land !

We've got more than twice the Pashtuns than the rest of the world combined which means we've got as much a stake in claiming them as ours as anyone else !

Mostly Pakistanis like him,ballistic missile ghaznavi was named after him.

Ghaznavi%252520or%252520Hatf-III%252520missile.jpg

Ghaznavi was one of many Invaders whose purpose were to increase his empire and loot the wealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom