What's new

Mahmud Ghaznawi: Loved by Afghans and Pakistanis but hated by Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is precisely why Pakistani Nationalism isn't centered around a single ethnicity or language nor is India's for that matter - For us its Islamic Polity for you its a fusion of your Dharmic Past & a superimposition of a historic & geographical India on to the present day State of India.

I am not referring to ethnicity or language as much as I am to geographical boundaries..

And in India, the part about Dharmic past really has had little bearing except in pockets like RSS and Shiv Sena which are really on the downward spiral. On the religion side, I would actually go to the extent of calling India's nationalism to be at a 180 degree out of sync with Pakistan's which is predominantly hinging on religion.

Power hungry, I doubt as he did not have the ability to hold the attacked land, for him it was a big loot. Smart enough to identify weaker target absolutely yes, Hinduphobe can almost be a given thing... Attacking hindus was their interpretation of doing the gods work

Problem: now and back then has been the same, in the end certain section in pakistan and also on this forum will not be satisfied until hinduism, pluralism, any thing other than their specific version/brand of religion ceases to exist.

p.s people who think solving kashmir will solve all problems between india and pakistan are just naive..

He needed the loot from India to fund the war of conquering central asia, it is big big insult to indians that ghaznavi was not even taking india as serious military threat and was milking it like a cow to fund the war in his western border.

I am not referring to ethnicity or language as much as I am to geographical boundaries..

And in India, the part about Dharmic past really has had little bearing except in pockets like RSS and Shiv Sena which are really on the downward spiral. On the religion side, I would actually go to the extent of calling India's nationalism to be at a 180 degree out of sync with Pakistan's which is predominantly hinging on religion.

I have a feeling that religious awareness is actually on the rise among Hindus. Religion, being a major component of culture, is needed for placing nationalism on a stable footing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom