What's new

Mahesh Bhutt Admits that Indian Gov is involved in banning Urdu in India.

Even if India has "banned" Urdu then what's the problems?
Why are pakistnai's having orgasm here? Do they promote sanskrit even though sanskrit was once widely spoken in that place since the times of takshila!

Even if India has "banned" Urdu then what's the problems?
Why are pakistnai's having orgasm here? Do they promote sanskrit even though sanskrit was once widely spoken in that place since the times of takshila!

Why would people promote Sanskrit in Pakistan? Never came across a single Sanskrit speaking individual in Pakistan. Please embellish my info on the cited language promotion in India - A few thousand in a country of more than 1 billion population know Sanskrit and it's needless to say that you have some sort of association with the language.

Anyway, that's not the point - the point is one of the official and scheduled languages, regardless of its origin or association, is being neglected at state level (at least as per mr. Bhatt) and that is pretty alarming.

I do not know how old are you, but you do sound very naive and regional.

Perhaps the design or fashion followed in Indian Punjab these days is a bit different, but Shalwar evolved from Pyjama of Iran. Baloch and Pakhtun brothers have been using it for many centuries. That is from where we Punjabis got it. Punjabi word for Shalwar is "Suthhan" and its adoption occurred around the early part of last century. Before then Dhoti was the norm.

I admit I am partial to Punjabi for it being my mother tongue, but man you can not disrespect Urdu poetry just because you are more familiar with Punjabi. Urdu definitely has far more poetry to its name and in every mood and color. Punjabi poetry feels closer to heart, I admit. But Urdu is Urdu. Just to give you an idea, I can compose Urdu poetry with far more facility than Punjabi. Poetry is much easier to compose in Urdu.

Coming from a Punjabi who spoke no Urdu until admitted to school, this should open your eyes - and hopefully your ears too.

so does tht mean balochis and Iranians invented sewing machine....people started wearing stiched clothes when sewing machines were invented. and even in west you can hear Punjabi songs in clubs and when Urdu songs are sung people walk away. Punjab poetry is much better. Urdu doest have the words and fluency of Punjabi.. convert some Punjabi songs in Urdu and you will find how odd they will sound. for every one good Urdui song there are 10 better Punjabi ones. your side of Punjabis speak Urdu just because it has script similar to Arabic which to them is their prophets language. and they think it as muslim language. if they were not muslims no one would have found Urdu any good.

Shauraseni language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I posted this link, you should have read it to understand why Hindi/Urdu and Punjabi sounds so similar because both of them originated out of Shauraseni, ancestor of both Punjabi and Hindi/Urdu.

It didn't prove any contradiction, I said Urdu is from UP and Punjabi is from Punjab. Many of your Pakistanis comes with theory about nativity of Urdu to Punjab without having slight knowledge of history of North Indian languages and dialects. I have heard some poem of medieval Punjabi.

When it comes to linugual, historical, and cultural matters, I do not take Wikipedia as trustworthy. There is too much motivation to edit articles according to one's bias.

In any case students in Pakistan read a bit of history of Urdu's development. Some (only some) people link Punjabi and Urdu in direct relation of evolution, but that is not the mainstream view. You probably did not know what to make of it when you came across it and decided that this is how Pakistanis view things.

Languages which evolved over centuries do not necessarily follow regional borders. Simply saying that Urdu is from UP would be incorrect. Urdu evolved not from just one place. The earliest major poet was Wali Daccani. As you may be able to tell, he belonged to Deccan, probably today's Madhya Pradesh. That ought to show you the futility of ascribing your parochial view onto a sub-continental phenomenon.

Anyone who hears the recitation of Garanth Sahib, hears medieval Punjabi poems. That is not remarkable in itself.

Pakistanis, by the virtue of knowing the Urdu script and the source of its components from Arabic and Farsi can tell a lot. One can guess the source of most words of Urdu just by looking at the spelling. One can tell apart Arabic (eg. Ishq, Muhabbat, Halva), Farsi (Panjab, Pa), Sanskrit-derived (Chhoro, Ata, Ghoom) words. All this information is lost on the people who can not read the script. You probably have very little idea about the source of many common 'Hindi' words.

Yes, Urdu and Hindi are very much related. Both are wonderful languages, but with a lot of socio-political baggage. Urdu vs Hindi debates hark back to 1930s and this thread basically reflects that.

Pakistanis who want to look down on Hindi should know that both Urdu and Hindi are sister languages with both being categorized as belonging to Indo-European family of languages. A simple look at grammatical constructs would confirm this relation.

so does tht mean balochis and Iranians invented sewing machine....people started wearing stiched clothes when sewing machines were invented. and even in west you can hear Punjabi songs in clubs and when Urdu songs are sung people walk away. Punjab poetry is much better. Urdu doest have the words and fluency of Punjabi.. convert some Punjabi songs in Urdu and you will find how odd they will sound. for every one good Urdui song there are 10 better Punjabi ones. your side of Punjabis speak Urdu just because it has script similar to Arabic which to them is their prophets language. and they think it as muslim language. if they were not muslims no one would have found Urdu any good.

Jumping Jack, this is a forum, not a dance floor.

You have jumped from Shalwar Kameez to Sewing machines, even though there is no connection between the two.

Then you jumped to Punjabi dance numbers as though there is any relevance.

Then you jumped to Urdu script, when in fact you know next to nothing about it.

All the while, you have not given an iota of evidence to support your ill-conceived contentions.

I was right - you are a naive youngster who happens to comment on things of which he has no direct or relevant knowledge.

Languages which evolved over centuries do not necessarily follow regional borders. Simply saying that Urdu is from UP would be incorrect. Urdu evolved not from just one place. The earliest major poet was Wali Daccani. As you may be able to tell, he belonged to Deccan, probably today's Madhya Pradesh. That ought to show you the futility of ascribing your parochial view onto a sub-continental phenomenon.

If you have known about the dialects of North India, you wouldn't have wrote such thing. I said Urdu is from UP because Khariboli is from UP. Khariboli is the standard for both Hindi and Urdu. Apart from this we also study medieval poetry from various dialects of Hindi in school, like Brajbhasha, Awadhi, Mewati. Many medieval Muslims poets too composed poems in Brajbhasha which sounds more poetic compared to Khariboli.

Hindi/Urdu speaking regions of India are divided into five regions based on Dialects.
1. Western Hindi- Dialects like Khariboli, Brajbhasha etc.
2. Eastern Hindi- dialects like Awadhi etc.
3. Pahari - Dialects like Kumaoni, Gadhwali etc.
4. Bihari- Bhojpuri, Magahi etc.
5. Rajasthani- Marwari, Mewati etc.

Among them Khariboli emerged as the prestigious dialect across North India for both Urdu and Hindi.

You probably have very little idea about the source of many common 'Hindi' words..

I have quite a idea about it. The vocabulary of Hindi is divided into number of groups based on their origin.

Pakistanis who want to look down on Hindi should know that both Urdu and Hindi are sister languages with both being categorized as belonging to Indo-European family of languages. A simple look at grammatical constructs would confirm this relation.

Both of them are basically a common language. You don't need to go into broader picture of Indo-Aryan language which Urdu-Hindi share origin from a common dialect.

Well, first of all why should Indians care if Urdu dies out.

Not many of my people from my state speak it.

Rather, the majority of the population do not speak Urdu.

This is the real dress of Punjabi people of Pakistan and its not called Shalwar Kameez. Pakistanis basically copied the dress culture of Muslim of Uttar Pradesh.

maulaJat2.gif

You are a retard.

Let me show a video of Punjab in Pakistan from nearly 100 years ago.

Glad I could educate you today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raghupati Sahay (28 August 1896 – 3 March 1982), better known under his pen name Firaq Gorakhpuri (Urdu: فراق گورکھپوری, Hindi: फ़िराक़ गोरखपुरी), was a writer, critic, and, according to one commentator, one of the most noted contemporary Urdu poets from India. He established himself among peers including Muhammad Iqbal, Yagana Changezi, Jigar Moradabadi and Josh Malihabadi

And I read his poetry books and I must say. What an Urdu poet he was!

Ragupaathi Sahab poems are even included in educational syllabus of Pakistan. Urdu books of 10th 11th and 12th standard have Ragupaathi sahab poems.

Just to show how diverse and meaningful URDU language is, even hindus learn and wrote couplets in Urdu language

Ah Hindi-Urdu what's the difference, bar the script?

Pakistanis trying to be the meat in the sandwich between 2 cultures.:cheers: (I may have invited a S%i7 storm here)

@ topic: Yes Mr Bhatt is a dimwitt

[video=youtube;NwnoJB1cyys]

from 0.30 to 2.40 and talks about Greatness and diversity of Urdu as a language and Indian movies r suffering from lack of dept in their language.

Even though they say its their language but still r advising their film-makers not to use it.

But , is Urdu Banned in India ?

:laugh: and they will ban wearing of Dhoti for Pakistanis

bwahahah

Why you dislike Urdu?

BTW dont these above mentioned points in your own post call for preserving this language in its pure form instead of discouraging it due to insecurity of Hindu extremists ?

Are u out of mind? Why should I dislike Urdu? Urdu is one of Indian Language. I am just saying "Urdu is Indian language not Islamic language"

Mahesh Bhutt is not part of Indian Govt.

So how come he can admit anything done by GoI ???

[video=youtube;NwnoJB1cyys]

from 0.30 to 2.40 and talks about Greatness and diversity of Urdu as a language and Indian movies r suffering from lack of dept in their language.

Even though they say its their language but still r advising their film-makers not to use it.

shame on India !!!

Back
Top Bottom