What's new

How the Urdu language and literature slipped into darkness in Bangladesh

To be fair, there's not a single Muslim nation state today that actually "won" anything. For example, the Arab states lost Palestine to Israel, modern Turkey is the result of the collapse of the Ottomans, and so on. Every single Muslim state has a stain (albeit some darker than others), but there's no real example for the Muslim world to follow.

There is no need for justifications bilal,

We could have done to India in Kashmir in 1962, what they did to Pakistan in 1971.
Plus despite there being a civil war,
and, the major part of the force being over a 1000 miles away,
still,

India had to sign a defence pack with the Soviet Union,
run to every major country to get their permission before attacking, check Indira's record of travel between September and November 1971.
The country did not have the guts to just attack on their own, that's a fact.
Some hollow victory.

In 1965,
The war has two parts, where Pakistan cross the line of control, or whatever it was called at the time, it was not a border,
and, when India crossed the international border,
both countries failed to achieve their objectives.

I can go deeper if you wish, on other conflicts as well.
We by nature get too defensive in putting our case forward, and history has become a one sided affair.
But, this is simply ridiculous, please do not provide justifications when none are required, especially to a fantasist.

indian army saved pakistanis and pakistan army in bangladesh .

bangali is a rich and alive language , urdu is alien to bangladesh ,it was forced upon them by ruling punjabis . let it stay as academic subject in universities .

What fantasy hole did you crawl out of?
What the heck are you talking about, you fool.
This place is not here for you to spread your lies.
There is nothing that you have said that makes sense, NOTHING.

I would love to provide a rebuttal, but I need something of substance before I can do that, I do not need your fantasies, go back and suck on your udders.

Nothing was forced on anyone, and India is a shameful country that took advantage of a domestic situation. Through America and UK, It begged Pakistan not to attack in 1962, and stabbed a knife in the back when it had a chance, shameful nation.

There is no need for justifications bilal,

We could have done to India in Kashmir in 1962, what they did to Pakistan in 1971.
Plus despite there being a civil war,
and, the major part of the force being over a 1000 miles away,
still,

India had to sign a defence pack with the Soviet Union,
run to every major country to get their permission before attacking, check Indira's record of travel between September and November 1971.
The country did not have the guts to just attack on their own, that's a fact.
Some hollow victory.

In 1965,
The war has two parts, where Pakistan cross the line of control, or whatever it was called at the time, it was not a border,
and, when India crossed the international border,
both countries failed to achieve their objectives.

I can go deeper if you wish, on other conflicts as well.
We by nature get too defensive in putting our case forward, and history has become a one sided affair.
But, this is simply ridiculous, please do not provide justifications when none are required, especially to a fantasist.
I get where you're coming from bro, but my point was to ask, "who is this great Muslim country we should all follow?" It's easy to single out Pakistan, but every single Muslim country suffers from critical flaws.

Basically -- if we're going to deny Pakistanis pride in their country, then every Muslim should lose pride in their lands too as they (like Pakistan) did jack-squat. UAE's hosting Israeli sex tourists. KSA's bombing Yemen. Turkey sat by while Bashar had his way with the Syrian people.

If Pakistanis are going to bow their heads in shame, then everyone else should too.

I get where you're coming from bro, but my point was to ask, "who is this great Muslim country we should all follow?" It's easy to single out Pakistan, but every single Muslim country suffers from critical flaws.

Basically -- if we're going to deny Pakistanis pride in their country, then every Muslim should lose pride in their lands too as they (like Pakistan) did jack-squat. UAE's hosting Israeli sex tourists. KSA's bombing Yemen. Turkey sat by while Bashar had his way with the Syrian people.

If Pakistanis are going to bow their heads in shame, then everyone else should too.

Love it!!!

Actually, we forget, Pakistan has done heck of a lot. No other country has done as much, and certainly no Muslim country has ever done anything remotely similar to Pakistan.
Allow me to provide a brief summary,

In 1947, Pakistan (west) took in over 6 million refugees, countries would cripple under such a burden, let alone a new nation, with no infrastructure, and no government in place, no financial resources, and no structures that make a nation state.

That's equitant to just over 20% of the total population.
Let us relate that to today,

India taking in 300 million refugees,
Germany taking in 20 million refugees,
USA taking in 80 million refugees,
Canada taking in 7 million refugees,
UK taking in 14 million refugees,
Bangladesh Taking in 35 million refugees.

All in a span of couple of years, no country would survive, Pakistan and Pakistanis did, and happily, and not just survived but flourished. Judge Pakistan according to what was there in 1947. We have done good, it is another argument, we could have done better still, but that's testament of our potential.

Sticking with the refugees theme, we have housed constantly for over 40 years between 3 to 5 million Afghan refugees. We took in few hundred thousand Rohingya refugees in the 1980s as part of a deal with Saudi Arabia, they failed to fully live up to their part, plus refugees from Somalia, Chechnya, Central Asia, and Bosnia, we took in everyone who wanted to come, and we did not call them cockroaches, we did not put them up in prison refugee camps, but opened our country and our homes, name another country who has done something similar, AND, to that scale.

Then we helped the North African countries fight France for independence, we gave their leadership, fighting independence, Pakistani diplomatic passports to travel, so they could fight their fight. This a new Pakistan, a small country at the time, taking on what at the time was a powerful France. No one else did, but we did, it has been forgotten.

We did the moral thing, and did not attack India in 1962, right or wrong, but we did. India was down and out, we did not attack them like a dog with Rabies. They did.

We helped Bosnians, against the UN sanctions, to hell with sanctions, when our Muslim brothers and sisters are getting killed, our help made a difference, at great risk to ourselves, it should not be forgotten.

We helped the Arabs, fight against Israel, when they have not supported us as strongly in Kashmir, even the Palestinians don't, but, we helped and continue to do what we can. That matters.

There are other examples, but none has done what we have, let us recognise it, and not place ourselves in the same category as others, because we have done more then our part, and it should be recognised. If not by others, at least by ourselves. We have a habit of complaining about ourselves, we are Pakistanis after all, but we do ourselves an injustice, when we fail to recognise the good that has been done, by the state of Pakistan.

Turned out longer then I planned, I hope you wont mind.

I think you forgot to write in your long list of achievements what your military did in east Pakistan in 1971. Please print those stories in bold letters. Write also how you have become a Taliban country that bombs every village and market. Write also how you engage in fighting Ahmedia, Shia, Qadiani, and other sects. Tell us also what happened to your Hindus.

The only group you respect is the Sikh. It is only because they are not to be intimidated.

I think you forgot to write in your long list of achievements what your military did in east Pakistan in 1971. Please print those stories in bold letters. Write also how you have become a Taliban country that bombs every village and market. Write also how you engage in fighting Ahmedia, Shia, Qadiani, and other sects. Tell us also what happened to your Hindus.

The only group you respect is the Sikh. It is only because they are not to be intimidated.
Done. Never denied it. In fact, I always make it a point to call our leaders weak, dishonest, corrupt, shameless, and every other negative. I have no respect or pride for them. I've acknowledged it, will you for Bangladesh's flaws?

There are hardly any sikhs in Pakistan so I don't know what you are talking about.

Do have ANY CREDIBLE evidence of wrongdoing by the PA in bangladesh in 1971? If yes remember to present that evidence to the International War Crimes Tribunal at the Hague so that those responsible are justly punished.

Yeah they did many things wrong,I acknowledge and condemn them. Now will you do the same for mukti bahni’s crimes against biharis and west Pakistanis??
Pakistan apologised in 1974,can you show me an apology by bengladesh’s governmen??

Yeah they did many things wrong,I acknowledge and condemn them. Now will you do the same for mukti bahni’s crimes against biharis and west Pakistanis??
Pakistan apologised in 1974,can you show me an apology by bengladesh’s governmen??
Why does not the GoP asks for a reciprocal action by the GoB?

However, please note that whatever wrong done to the India refugees were done by the civilian population and not actually by the Muktis except a few cases. As far as I know Biharis were bullied before 26 March. But, note that it was GoP troops who killed and raped.

There are differences between govt troops and non-govt civilians.

However, please note that whatever wrong done to the India refugees were done by the civilian population and not actually by the Muktis except a few cases. As far as I know Biharis were bullied before 26 March. But, note that it was GoP troops who killed and raped.

MORE indian/bengladeshi BULLSHIT!!!!!!.........WHERE is the evidence that the PA did such things??????............ :disagree:.

Don't blame us for bangladeshis murdering other bangaldeshis.

MORE indian/bengladeshi BULLSHIT!!!!!!.........WHERE is the evidence that the PA did such things??????............ :disagree:.

Don't blame us for bangladeshis murdering other bangaldeshis.

This is completely unrelated to the topic but my mann what is it with you and Bangalis and why do you enter into all of their threads what gives my mann. What is the motive? I don't see others being like this except you

This is completely unrelated to the topic but my mann what is it with you and Bangalis and why do you enter into all of their threads what gives my mann. What is the motive? I don't see others being like this except you

I don't like lies being spread about my fellow countrymen and our army. Especially when they are proven lies with NO CREDIBLE evidence whatsoever. If foreigners have an issue with Pakistan and Pakistanis then they don't need to come on PDF. They are more than welcome to leave and NO ONE is forcing them to be here.

What *********

Of which you have 0 evidence for. Your say so doesn't make the above true. You are making up more bangladeshi/indian fantasies.

So tell me as per indian/bangladeshi claims, how is it possible for 40,000 lightly armed PA troops to kill 3 million bangladeshis and rape millions of bangladeshi women at the same time????????........... :disagree:..........does 1 Pakistani bullet kill 50 bangladeshis or are they made of cardboard?............:azn:

Last edited by a moderator:

On this we can have a discussion, debate, argument or whatever you want to call it, and you are free to bring India into this discussion because it is relevant.

GoP does not ask, because they and we want to put this episode behind us, there was an agreement signed in the 1970's between the three governments to resolve the whole issue, that should have been the end of it. That's why they do not ask, that does not mean there is no pain on our side.

I am in my forties, and I have yet to meet a single Pakistani in real life, who does not feel a mixture of shame and guilt about our part in your suffering. You can believe it or not, that's your choice, all I have to do is to speak from our hearts. In my heart, and the hearts of most Pakistanis, Bangladeshis are brothers and sisters once separated. You will never understand, because you have only ever heard one side of the story.

But to say, that Mukti Bahini, including the civilians, and the Indian army played no role in the killings, torture and rape of West Pakistanis, Beharis, Urdu speakers and local Bengalis who wanted still to be Pakistani, you want us to believe they had no part is simply ridiculous. And, it shows we are ready and willing to accept our part, but, you haven't even started to think about your part, let alone accept it. That's wrong.

I even admit, we hold larger part of the blame, but it does not mean there is no pain on our side. And that we do not know who was to blame, it does not mean we forget those who were killed, tortured and raped, that's not fair, and that's not fair justice.

If there is a need for a fresh apology, I think why not, lets put a final stamp on it, but no way in hell is it going to be a one way treatment, this is a mutual affair, and it has to be dealt that way. That's justice.

On this we can have a discussion, debate, argument or whatever you want to call it, and you are free to bring India into this discussion because it is relevant.

GoP does not ask, because they and we want to put this episode behind us, there was an agreement signed in the 1970's between the three governments to resolve the whole issue, that should have been the end of it. That's why they do not ask, that does not mean there is no pain on our side.

I am in my forties, and I have yet to meet a single Pakistani in real life, who does not feel a mixture of shame and guilt about our part in your suffering. You can believe it or not, that's your choice, all I have to do is to speak from our hearts. In my heart, and the hearts of most Pakistanis, Bangladeshis are brothers and sisters once separated. You will never understand, because you have only ever heard one side of the story.

But to say, that Mukti Bahini, including the civilians, and the Indian army played no role in the killings, torture and rape of West Pakistanis, Beharis, Urdu speakers and local Bengalis who wanted still to be Pakistani, you want us to believe they had no part is simply ridiculous. And, it shows we are ready and willing to accept our part, but, you haven't even started to think about your part, let alone accept it. That's wrong.

I even admit, we hold larger part of the blame, but it does not mean there is no pain on our side. And that we do not know who was to blame, it does not mean we forget those who were killed, tortured and raped, that's not fair, and that's not fair justice.

If there is a need for a fresh apology, I think why not, lets put a final stamp on it, but no way in hell is it going to be a one way treatment, this is a mutual affair, and it has to be dealt that way. That's justice.

Seems like you are a sucker for believing anti-Pakistani propaganda by indians and bangladeshis............ :disagree:......and a big "NO". The bangladeshis are not the "brothers" of Pakistanis............ :lol: They are anti-Pakistani indian loving foreigners.

Here is the Pakistani apology to bangladesh......... :azn::

F*CK OFF!

Back
Top Bottom