What's new

How the Urdu language and literature slipped into darkness in Bangladesh

lol
how?
meri jaan

indians/bangladeshis claim that 40,000 lightly armed PA soldiers killed 3 million bangladeshis and raped millions of bangladeshi women in just under 5 weeks.........do you believe that? Do you even think that is possible?............ :disagree:

indians/bangladeshis claim that 40,000 lightly armed PA soldiers killed 3 million bangladeshis and raped millions of bangladeshi women in just under 5 weeks.........do you believe that? Do you even think that is possible?............ :disagree:

Bhai jaan (older)
Did I say that?

That is a BS figure, and I have a detailed argument for that.
But, to say we hold no blame is also wrong, there is, and I honestly do not know anyone who is not willing to admit our wrongs.

No one mentions the figures , because its all been confused with all the lies. But is it really that important? 3000, 30000, 300000? even 30 or 3 I would apologise for. Do not get into figures, this is about finding a conclusion and a solution, not being stuck in a blame game.

Bhai jaan (older)
Did I say that?

That is a BS figure, and I have a detailed argument for that.
But, to say we hold no blame is also wrong, there is, and I honestly do not know anyone who is not willing to admit our wrongs.

No one mentions the figures , because its all been confused with all the lies. But is it really that important? 3000, 30000, 300000? even 30 or 3 I would apologise for. Do not get into figures, this is about finding a conclusion and a solution, not being stuck in a blame game.

So I guess you think the bengalis did no wrong, only we did?.......... :disagree:........but one thing we do know for certain is that the bengalis/indians have been making up wild fantasies and stories about the Pakistan Army. We categorically know that the bangladeshis and indians are compulsive LIARS.

So I guess you think the bengalis did no wrong, only we did?.......... :disagree:........but one thing we do know for certain is that the bengalis/indians have been making up wild fantasies and stories about the Pakistan Army. We categorically know that the bangladeshis and indians are compulsive LIARS.

Arry yaar,
please make the effort to read properly before you reply.
Go back and read what I said again, in the first post to which you replied.

Please don't reply for sake of replying. you are an intelligent guy, don't do this.

Arry yaar,
please make the effort to read properly before you reply.
Go back and read what I said again, in the first post to which you replied.

Please don't reply for sake of replying. you are an intelligent guy, don't do this.

Okay. But can you stop pleading with the bangladeshis in order to appease them and seek their approval. It is demeaning and cringeworthy. Don't lower and humiliate yourself like that.

Okay. But can you stop pleading with the bangladeshis in order to appease them and seek their approval. It is demeaning and cringeworthy. Don't lower and humiliate yourself like that.

I am not pleading anyone,
and, try not to judge others motives, its childish.

I really like your beliefs, but sometimes you go too far, that's not good.
Nothing is ever all wrong or all right, if you are not old enough to realise that, you soon will.
And, if you are, then it is sad that you haven't realised it already.

I am not pleading anyone,
and, try not to judge others motives, its childish.

I really like your beliefs, but sometimes you go too far, that's not good.
Nothing is ever all wrong or all right, if you are not old enough to realise that, you soon will.
And, if you are, then it is sad that you haven't realised it already.

The only thing that matters is Pakistan and the Pakistani people. Not the laughable and retarded lies presented against us by foreigners who are our enemies.

modern Turkey
So you never heard of Operation Attila which was the Turkish military invasion of Cyprus leading to Northern Cyprus being captured by Turkey and today formds the Republic of Northern Cyprus. It was a total disaster and defeat for the Greeks and a much deserved victory for Turks. What made it impressive was there is considerable sea between Turkey and cyprus so Turkish invasion entailed mass airborne troops and marine landings.

1612310867859.png

1612310919412.png

Pakistan attacked India in 1965
Who told you we were devastated?

If you know somebody is about to attack you then it would make sense to throw the first punch. It is well known fact that India was about to attack Pakistan. And don't forget we had to fight you semi-naked lunghis as well as your billion plus Gangu brothers.

Why not try send your soldiers to Pakistan and see how long they would last.

PA troops killed at least 10,000 bystanders on the 26 March midnight before dawn and raped innocent girls in the college hostels.
Talk like a good Muslim and show repentance for what your forefathers (many be your own father) did on that night.

Hoye Rom!!! Pokistan Ormy interrupted our month of pogroms and murder to crack down on campus agitators!!! It's literally anudda holocaust!! Be a good Muslim and let us kill you and rape your children!!

lol
how?
meri jaan

I also do not think we should feel shame or guilt, as it was the natural course of events.

Pakistanis defended their holy state and gave a lesson to all other potential rebels. We started looking internally and excised all remaining cultural ties with India, which Bengali culture kept us anchored to, and now under PTI, severed political ties. Pakistan became more Eurasian focused as a result.

Bangladeshis got their country and no longer have to learn Urdu or get Islamized. Now any success or failure is solely in their own hands, and no one else can be blamed.

It is a win-win.

You didn't need to fight. Should've just let us secede from that wretched union
I agree but the problem is politicial inertia. Organizations and states don't like change. It takes visionary leadership to make drastic decisions. Pakistan did not have any. Result fight the fight for no good reason when you know your gonna lose.

Pakistan should have done what British did. Set a date and then unfurled the flag. Leave with dignity.

A lot of Bengali educated class still incorrectly believe Urdu to be the mother tongue of Pakistanis. They were never told that we Pakistanis have more than 70 languages and Urdu is only one of them. Therefore, Bengalis are brainwashed to hate Urdu in order to hate Pakistan. Even India recognizes Urdu to be one of theie many recognized languages.
It is the bad influences from the Kolkata based West Bengali propaganda machine which never accepted the formation of Pakistan where East Bengalis actively joined in 1947.

Last edited:
I also do not think we should feel shame or guilt, as it was the natural course of events.

Pakistanis defended their holy state and gave a lesson to all other potential rebels. We started looking internally and excised all remaining cultural ties with India, which Bengali culture kept us anchored to, and now under PTI, severed political ties. Pakistan became more Eurasian focused as a result.

Bangladeshis got their country and no longer have to learn Urdu or get Islamized. Now any success or failure is solely in their own hands, and no one else can be blamed.

It is a win-win.

I would also add, that some things are not done by choice, but by virtue of your history and experiences.
We being in the west, and closer to the wider Islamic community, and closer to the heartland that produced great thinkers in Islamic history, gave us different experiences, and a different perspective.

Bangladesh being a Muslim majority region, and surrounded by non-Muslim cultures was surely to have a different perspective, plus because it was and is a uniformly a Bengali area, it could hold onto a single calling of a Bengali culture and Bengali language. Which played a part in the decisions they have made. Some among us misunderstand their intentions, due to that history.

But, I would warn anyone who questions their love of Islam, which I've learnt some here hint towards, a very wrong conclusion. They feel the brotherhood with Pakistanis, a lot more then Pakistanis realise, It is an important point, that needs to be told. But, the fact is the wounds of 1971 are still fresh among some Bengalis, so, some things will take time. Only difference is, we have chosen to move on and somehow dealt with our pain quietly, they as yet, have not.

The situation in my opinion isn't so simple, the above is my interpretation. Whatever the actual reality, there is one thing of which I am certain, If I had to choose non-Pakistani communities to cover my back, as if my life depended on it, Bengalis would be near the top of that list, not the government, the people. I am certain time will prove me right.

Back
Top Bottom