What's new

Lyari Operation

Yes, when you want to actually go to Nine-Zero, you have to pass through a security cordon who check you for weapons (you can leave your weapon with them and claim it on your way out). Is there anything wrong with this?

The rest of your post is pure BS, nobody has authority there to ask anyone of his/her ethnicity, everybody is welcome. Sometimes you make me wonder if you even know what you are talking about.

:lol: atleast you agreed to the drop off gun point!! REST i am sure you know my post is correct but ofcourse you won't admit it. but atleast you agreed partially.

calling in rangers will be the WORSE thing ever done. now watch and see just like baloch in baluchistan claim of FC operation and play the symapthy card these guys will too! LIYARI gangsters wanted the FC or rangers to be called in!! and now their wish has been granted!

Rangers have a strength of 1,00,000+, Sindh Rangers have a strength of around 24k out of which 5k-10k are either on fixed tasks of VIP Protocol and guarding of critical installations as well as reserve. At any given time there are roughly 10k Rangers personnel in Karachi who are shuffled every 6 months to 3 years.

But why are we arguing on those points? My post focused more on the fact that outsiders can never serve Karachi. Karachi requires a force raised from Karachi. Comprised of officers who belong to Karachi and have a Karachi domicile.

Pakistan Rangers Punjab and Sindh are two different organizations of Interior Ministry, The strength I quoted was taken from government of sindh web site. Being federal departments these are composed of quota of different areas of Pakistan. I found out quota of Punjab Rangers am sure similar quota must be followed in Sindh Rangers with maximum share of sindh as that of punjab in Punjab Rangers case.

The following merit and provincial / regional quotas shall be observed in filling vacancies reserve for Direct Entries (Sub Inspectors, Havildars, Naiks & Sepoy):-
Merit quota - 7.5%
Punjab (including Federal area of Islamabad) - 50%
Sindh
Urban areas namely Karachi, Hyderabad and Sukkur - 7.6%
Rural areas i.e, rest of Sindh excluding Karachi, Hyderabad and Sukkur 11.4%
North West Frontier Province - 11.5%
Balochistan - 6%
Northern area and FATA - 4%
Azad Kashmir - 2%
(Northern areas consist of Gilgit, Baltistan, Diamir, Ghizar and Ghanche Districts)
Welcome to Pakistan Rangers (Punjab)

As far as your point of employing people having Karachi domicile is concerned definitely that is the most desired preposition, if that cannot be achieved fully a good blend can be achieved in police department. I think its time to restructure strength of police and measures to remove political pressure from them.
Here is a comparative data of police in different cities of world as per Sindh government site. I think we need to think about this also.
London
POPULATION 7,387,868
POLICE STREGNTH 47,874
RATIO 1 : 155
Delhi
POPULATION 14,000,000
POLICE STREGNTH 58,000
RATIO 1 : 241
Lahore
POPULATION 9,000,000
POLICE STREGNTH 30,946
RATIO 1 : 287
Karachi
POPULATION 18,000,000
POLICE STREGNTH 31,861
RATIO 1 : 571

.::HOME DEPARTMENT, GOS::.

Lyari operation: Rangers called in for final assault
express tribune

Do we want to capture some foreign land

what i fail to understand is why is Liyari not totally sealed off? i mean people can still get in and out. which means terrorists can still get in and out!

what i fail to understand is why is Liyari not totally sealed off? i mean people can still get in and out. which means terrorists can still get in and out!

Topi Drama

As the operation continues, Lyari looks for the doctor

KARACHI: As all eyes are on Lyari, Lyari’s eyes are on Dr Zulfiqar Mirza – the beleaguered constituency’s knight in red, black and green armour. But for reasons best known to perhaps the president, this Pakistan Peoples Party figure is silent.
His silence is taking a toll. It is day six of a police operation to cleanse the helter-skelter settlement of criminals despite resistance from its residents. Lyari may have long been a PPP fortress that few outsiders could breach through the ballot, but the government’s decision to set the police on it has not gone down well. The only person who could have helped, argue its people, is Zulfiqar Mirza, who stepped down as the home minister.
“This is the time to prove who is loyal with whom,” remarked Lyari resident Khadija Laasi, who had come out to protest on Wednesday. “We are looking for Mirza who used to say that he would fight for our rights till the last drop of blood in his veins. We will not go after him to help us, but he should come to our help.”If Mirza has been watching what has been happening in Lyari, he certainly hasn’t said anything. He is believed to be at his DHA residence and avoiding meeting PPP leaders who are generally close to him.
Party members close to him offered one explanation; after receiving strict instructions from the president, Mirza is avoiding creating trouble for his wife, Fahmida Mirza who is the speaker of the National Assembly, and his son Hasnain, who was recently elected an MPA to the very seat Mirza vacated.
A key figure in Lyari and a leader of the banned Peoples Amn Committee, Zafar Baloch, said that they had neither contacted Mirza nor had he approached them. He was fairly diplomatic in his assessment of the lack of visible support from Mirza – “perhaps he has had to compromise for the sake of his wife and son’s political career”.
“We still respect Dr Mirza, who might have some political commitments with his leadership. But I can say that no one can be a leader while ignoring the rights of their people. We need ration bags not hollow promises. The operation in Lyari has now exposed how these people [who claim to be true leaders] are committed to us.”
Mirza was once close to the amn committee. In fact Zafar and Uzair Baloch flanked him at a press conference when he railed against the Muttahida Qaumi Movement, a move that has since relegated him to the virtual political margins of the PPP at least in the public’s perception.
The people of Lyari who were allied with the amn committee recall March 2 when Mirza was feted at Baloch Cultural Day. As the home minister, he controlled the police and when the Rangers started an operation in Lyari he threatened to resign. When the PAC was banned Mirza had said that he would try to revive it.
Aside from Mirza, most other PPP members have been silent, with perhaps the exception of Sindh Culture Minister Sassui Palijo, the only woman MPA who contested the election on her own in Thatta. She has been voicing her opinion against the operation at meetings and events.
A senior PPP parliamentarian explained that the party has surrendered under a reconciliation policy. “All members are afraid of getting explanation calls. No one is now willing to speak against the party policy.”
Former information minister Sharjeel Inam Memon, who is close to Mirza, did not want to comment either. For his part, PPP MPA Saleem Hingoro from Lyari said that though they had supported an operation against criminals, people were angry. “We have clearly communicated the message to our leadership that the same kind of operation must be carried out in other disturbed areas.”
Published in The Express Tribune, May 3rd, 2012.

As the operation continues, Lyari looks for the doctor – The Express Tribune

:lol: atleast you agreed to the drop off gun point!! REST i am sure you know my post is correct but ofcourse you won't admit it. but atleast you agreed partially.

calling in rangers will be the WORSE thing ever done. now watch and see just like baloch in baluchistan claim of FC operation and play the symapthy card these guys will too! LIYARI gangsters wanted the FC or rangers to be called in!! and now their wish has been granted!

You know what NINE ZERO is? It is MQM's head office and at any given time you will find MNA's/MPA's there. You expect them to allow people without security clearance?

You know what NINE ZERO is? It is MQM's head office and at any given time you will find MNA's/MPA's there. You expect them to allow people without security clearance?

ignore him dont waste your time, doesnt matter how many valid points you give him this guy and one more of his team mate will continue with their illogical , irrelevant rant forever . I some times they both does it professionally

REHMAN malik issues 48 hour deadline for criminals to surrender
By Web Desk
Published: May 4, 2012

No leniency for any criminal after 72 hours. PHOTO: PID/ FILE
KARACHI:*Federal Minister of Interior Rehman Malik, whose Pakistan Peoples Party counts Lyari as one of its key vote banks in Karachi, said on late on Thursday that an operation by the police, rangers in the locality was unpleasant, but necessary, before he gave criminal elements entrenched in Lyari up to 72 hours to lay down their arms.
Lyari, where the police has been engaged with armed criminals in pitched battles for seven straight days, has seen a number of police officials, passer bys, being killed along with scores being injured.
Addressing a joint press conference with Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah at the Chief Minister house, Malik said that all criminal elements had between 48 and 72 hours to surrender themselves to the nearest Rangers checkpost. After this deadline expires, no leniency will be shown to any one.
Talking about some aspects of the plan to rid Lyari of violence, Malik said that after 72 hours, “if during the rangers sweep, any house from which a rocket, or grenade, or any criminal is found, it has been decided today that that house will be burnt down.”
Detailing steps that had been taken against criminals, Malik said that they had acquired systems that allows law enforcement agencies to have aerial monitoring of each lane of Lyari.
In response to a question he said that if it is found that the weapons recovered from Lyari is old, then he will resign from his post as Interior Minister.
He also announced Rs0.5million as aid for the police officers, journalists, and citizens injured during the Lyari operation. While police officers killed in Lyari operation will receive the Pride of Performance award.
He said that he was creating another checkpost at Hub and will be clipping the unfrequented six routes, used by smugglers, while on the main road, police, rangers, FIA, customs and the coast guards will be used to increase checking.
Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah said that they have formulated a plan for the Lyari operation and that Rangers will take part in the operation.
Lyari Violence: Malik issues 48 hour deadline for criminals to surrender – The Express Tribune

What's ur take, after listening this programe?
Even in that, programe PPP member, was trying to give, funny advise!

Last edited by a moderator:
What will happen, in 24 hours is important!
But let's suppose , rangers get involved, things strated cooling down, peoples get aressted , & if sent to prison, will this “BHATTA-PARCHI, DRUG & ARMS-AMMO Mafia” will be eliminated, forever?
BLA TTp Elements, would be stopped , to kill inocent peoples, in karachi?
Or there would be another, Zulfiqar mirza in making,to steel. MQMs vote bank, from the barrel of gun!
I think, its the time for us, that we all should start, living & respect each other !
Political parties, also needs to clear their ranks, from criminals, ANP-MQM-PPP-JamAT-ST- PTI & others from interrior sind, should form a united front, Against criminals & anti-pakistan elements in karachi, thathe need of hour!
SIND POlIcE should be, given proper training, & should be commanded, strongly, they must be given special urban fighting, trainings, thier numbers should be increased , their should be a investigation agency, which can conduct, special investigations of crupt policemens & rangers.
Also numbers of police posts, should be placed in, places like.bordering HUB CHOWKI-IBRAHIM HAYDRI- BADIN - GHAGAR. PHATAk areas , because its a intell report, that is telling , tht most of drugs. From karachi is bieng shipped through, small boats into different sea strips in baluchistan, & from there to different parts of arabian states, same goes to Arms -ammo , comming from afghanistan, then shipped away via sea routes to karachi & some parts of sind.
Its a time to check the co-ordination between different agencies, & to have check & blance on our security agencies, what really they are doing, on the name of security of pakistan.
What you think guys, I guss there is a devil , inside everyone?

Pen friends: Rohrabacher writes letter to Gilani, calls Pakistan a 'failed state'
By Huma Imtiaz
Published: May 3, 2012

http://tribune.com.pk/story/373354/...tter-to-gilani-calls-pakistan-a-failed-state/

*US Congressman Dana Rohrabacher has written a letter to Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, condemning the recent violence in Balochistan and has dubbed Pakistan a “failed state.”
According to a copy of the letter received from the Congressman’s Washington DC press office, Representative Rohrabacher cites media reports that policemen killed four people in “unprovoked and
indiscriminate” firing during a raid on a house in Balochistan. Rep. Rohrabacher called it “yet another example in a seeming never ending line of stat sponsored violence targeting the Balochi people.”
Congressman Rohrabacher, who is also the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigation, in his letter, adds, “it has become increasingly clear to members of the US Congress that Pakistan is a failed state and no amount of US aid money will ever change that.”
Rep. Rohrabacher warned that US aid assistance for Pakistan will dry up once US forces leave Afghanistan, and Pakistan’s leverage over the US will diminish as a result. “It is clear that the Pakistani military and intelligence services have for years diverted money intended to help the people of Balochistan, and the other provinces of Pakistan, into funding terrorism and buying weapons to repress their own people.”
In his letter, Rep. Rohrabacher says that until Pakistan’s government and military deny ethnic groups in the country their right to self-determination, the country’s future will “remain bleak and marred by political violence”. He added that he has long held India to the same standard as well.
The Congressman’s letter to PM Gilani says, “the Baloch people have a right to choose their own political structure and America will no long (sic) play a willing role in helping your government to oppress them.”
Prior to this letter, Rep. Rohrabacher had introduced a house concurrent resolution, asking for the Baloch people to be given the right to self-determination. He has also introduced bills asking for Dr Shakil Afridi, who helped CIA confirm Osama’s presence at the Abbottabad complex, to be given US citizenship and be awarded the Congressional Gold Medal.
Rep. Rohrabacher also chaired a Congressional hearing on the human rights situation in Balochistan in
February this year, where-in he called for the Baloch to be given their right to self determination.

This is just, one face of CIA, which is against pakistAn!
& its shadows, can be seen in baluchistan, in the killings of HAZARA,s, in gillgit through, TTp ,& most recently in karachi(lyari), process of disbilization of pakistan?
Bombs targeting, NATIONAL BANKs Atms, by SINDHU DESH. LIBRATION ARMY, is the lateSt sindhi version of this , dummy outfit, of CIA!
TTps Heroin supplies, are bieng buyed by, these same elements, that's why, TTp still serviving, & doing their sabotage, activites, like killings of MQM & ANP workers, so to cover their activities, & all this was organized by, zulfiQar mirza, who should be, investigated by, ISI!

I’ve been to Gaza & Iraq but am being shut out of Lyari, says Edhi

KARACHI: A fuming Abdul Sattar Edhi, only Pakistan’s most famous social worker, held a press conference against policemen on Thursday who were preventing him from reaching out to the people of Lyari.
“I was given protection in Gaza and Iraq but have been banned from serving my own people in my own back yard,” he told journalists at the Karachi Press Club, a venue that would guarantee him maximum publicity. “I have visited every part of Pakistan where even dacoits have helped me but the government seems unhappy with my work.”
Edhi lives in Kharadar which is a stone’s throw from Lyari. “I am under [virtual] house arrest and police have been deployed outside my house. I have been restricted from going outside,” he said. “I demand the government lift the ban and allow me to serve the people who have been in a miserable condition for the last seven days.”
Lyari has been in a lockdown for a week when a police operation was launched to ostensibly flush out criminals. But it became impossible for people to leave and many families were cut off because of the fierce exchange of gunfire.
For his part, Edhi claimed that there were no dacoits or gangsters in Lyari. He stressed that the common man was free to move around in the area.
Edhi was backed by Uzma Noorani and Amarnath Motumal of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, Dr Idrees Edhi of the Pakistan Medical Association among others. “Were the people of Lyari taken into confidence before the operation? Did the police achieve its target? Were human rights not violated? The government has turned Lyari into a war zone,” alleged Noorani.
Dr Edhi said that women, children and the elderly were under immense stress. “Diseases will spread as sanitary workers have not been visiting Lyari since the start of the operation,” he said. “There has been no power, water and medicine in the area and people are not allowed to visit hospitals. The criminals should be punished and detained but not at the cost of women, children.”
It was pointed out during the press conference that only three Union Councils (UC) were directly affected – UC 9’s Singo Lane, UC 10’s Chakiwara and Kalakot, and UC 11’s Nawa Lane, Kumharwada and Bakra Piri. The total population of these three UCs is between 200,000 to 250,000.

Humanitarian crisis: I

World | Pakistan

At least 25 killed as police continue assault on Lyari lair.

Official: Banned groups conniving with gangs
By Mohammad Ashraf, Correspondent
Published: 00:00 May 4, 2012
Gulf News.

Karachi : At least 25 people, including five police officials, were killed as authorities launched a final assault on the lair of Lyari gangs and criminals in a bid to end the week-long operation in a day or two.

The police crossed into Lyari from Cheel Chowk to liberate the areas of Afshani Lane and other key lanes which were the stronghold of the Lyari gangs.

The police believe they could get all the areas mopped up within a couple of days.

"We have changed our strategy and hope that now the operation is entering into its conclusive phase," Mushtaq Shah, the provincial police chief told reporters in a press conference.

Article continues below

"It is expected that we would achieve our target by tomorrow," he said.

Gunfire and sporadic grenade blasts were reported as intense fighting continued yesterday.

The police commander in the area told the media late on Wednesday that they found pieces of evidence that the banned groups including Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA), a separatist movement, were also conniving with the warring gangs in Lyari.

"We arrested a man who told us that they were in business with Taliban in kidnapping for ransom affairs," Mohammad Aslam, a police officer, told the media.

Likewise another man was arrested during the operation who belonged to Mehsud tribe, the clan allied with the TTP in Pakistan's Waziristan areas which borders Afghanistan.

Protests

Meanwhile the protests in support of Uzair Jan, the chieftain of the key group in Lyari, continued in different parts of the city. In Malir district, hundreds of people blocked the city's main road messing up traffic.

gulfnews : At least 25 killed as police continue assault on Lyari lair

What's ur take, after listening this programe?
Even in that, programe PPP member, was trying to give, funny advise!

Totally disgusted, look how they got weapons, for what purpose they were given, all legal weapons for killing people. Biased role of police. Everyone has access to these fighting gangsters less police even I heard that Ghous Ali Shah met these guys. Look at PPP representative he had nothing to defend.

Back
Top Bottom