What's new

LY-80 deliveries to Pakistan complete

img-60d6cbe6eb04f0918a4542785c7b4389.jpg

How would we protect our tanks in battle ground against Indian Apaches?? LY 80s will be used?
Gunships can slip through radar coverage by flying at very low altitudes, LY-80 is not suitable for this end. Manpads will be relevant instead, but depends upon how Indian armed forces will utilize its Apache gunships - very deadly machines in capable hands.

Setting procurement aside, Mr Pervaiz Musharraf, the current Absconder in Chief, Chief of Absconding Staff, has demolished any trust we place on military generals. We can no longer tell whether a given general is in American pocket or not. Hence, when we see Pakistan's vested interests being sabotaged and the country handed over to be run by foreigners, the trust deficit just grows further. Which is why you see so much criticism. The civil and military leadership needs to step up their game to create a strong Pakistan. Until then, you should not complain.
Pervez Musharraf is a veteran of several wars, and he set Pakistan on the course of anti-terrorism which was the need of the hour in the light of the fact that Al-Qaeda Network was active in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Secondly, Musharraf pushed for modernization of Pakistani armed forces on all levels including PAF and nuclear capability, so why cast him in negative light in defense-related matters at least?

Musharraf deserve bashing for NRO, but his commitment to the security of Pakistan cannot be questioned.

Pervez Musharraf is a veteran of several wars, and he set Pakistan on the course of anti-terrorism which was the need of the hour in the light of the fact that Al-Qaeda Network was active in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Secondly, Musharraf pushed for modernization of Pakistani armed forces on all levels including PAF and nuclear capability, so why cast him in negative light in defense-related matters at least?

Musharraf deserve bashing for NRO, but his commitment to the security of Pakistan cannot be questioned.

He started the systematic handover of the country to CIA agents from which we are still suffering. A lesson learnt so deeply, it appears the Army itself is against Marshal Law now, because a Chief Marshal Law Administrator subverts the Army's own internal checks and balances.

In the aftermath of his abdication of power, thousands of CIA agents were rounded up who has been allowed into the country. Anti-Pakistan elements such as MQM resurged during his time, and TTP is his gift to the nation. But above all, he was the first to accept in front of the world that Pakistan has terrorists, setting the basis for our image as the source of terrorism around the world.

He started the systematic handover of the country to CIA agents from which we are still suffering. A lesson learnt so deeply, it appears the Army itself is against Marshal Law now, because a Chief Marshal Law Administrator subverts the Army's own internal checks and balances.

In the aftermath of his abdication of power, thousands of CIA agents were rounded up who has been allowed into the country. Anti-Pakistan elements such as MQM resurged during his time, and TTP is his gift to the nation. But above all, he was the first to accept in front of the world that Pakistan has terrorists, setting the basis for our image as the source of terrorism around the world.
CIA expanded its footprint in Pakistan in order to neutralize Al-Qaeda Network which was the primary suspect and target vis-a-vis 9/11. It is not written on an individual's face that s/he will be working for CIA. And keep in mind the fact that CIA is capable of duping an individual into serving its ends without the individual even realizing it and risking arrest from local authorities in the process. Now that the purpose is served, CIA doesn't mind about some part-time agents being snuffed out.

Pervez Musharraf had to admit the obvious because numerous foreign agencies had valuable information about the activities of Al-Qaeda Network operatives and/or bad apples in general across Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Yes, MQM took advantage of Musharraf's soft corner for the Urdu speaking class but MQM is Pakistan's bad apple.

Last edited:
CIA expanded its footprint in Pakistan in order to neutralize Al-Qaeda Network which was the primary suspect and target vis-a-vis 9/11. It is not written on an individual's face that s/he will be working for CIA. And keep in mind the fact that CIA is capable of duping an individual into serving its ends without the individual even realizing it and risking arrest from local authorities in the process. Now that the purpose is served, CIA doesn't mind about some part-time agents being snuffed out.

Pervez Musharraf had to admit the obvious because numerous foreign agencies had valuable information about the activities of Al-Qaeda Network operatives and/or bad apples in general across Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Yes, MQM took advantage of Musharraf's soft corner for the Urdu speaking class but MQM is Pakistan's bad apple.

You are here to defend the stooge who served America's purpose. Lame attempt at defence.

Unfortunately each of our sections in society (military, civilian, elite, poor) tries to excuse their own corrupt practices by laying the blame on the other or deflecting to the other.

A lower middle class motorcycle rider slamming into a car by driving like a maniac has no right to give the excuse of “mein ghareeb hun” just as much as someone in a BMW running a person over and claiming superior connections.
agreed but a department which has 90% corruption cannot be equal to a department which has only 10% corruption

agreed but a department which has 90% corruption cannot be equal to a department which has only 10% corruption
How did we arrive at 90 to 10%?
Did you know that people have rigged 300% commission on a part meant for our nuclear enrichment?
Should I not consider it a graver sin against the country versus someone making 300% of a housing scheme?

Did you know that people have rigged 300% commission on a part meant for our nuclear enrichment?
Should I not consider it a graver sin against the country versus someone making 300% of a housing scheme?

Please enlighten me and keep in mind you will be talking to someone whose father has given his best years to Pakistan’s security and to make Pakistan safe. My dad is also a Canadian PhD metallurgist so you can imagine who he has worked for and with.
Acquiring critical parts sometimes was impossible unless outrageous sum was paid.... and in some cases paid but certainly not because of corruption.

Please enlighten me and keep in mind you will be talking to someone whose father has given his best years to Pakistan’s security and to make Pakistan safe. My dad is also a Canadian PhD metallurgist so you can imagine who he has worked for and with.
Acquiring critical parts sometimes was impossible unless outrageous sum was paid.... and in some cases paid but certainly not because of corruption.

So now we are going to have to rely on your credibility on the issue of corruption because "your dad" supposedly worked somewhere. How old are you btw?

So now we are going to have to rely on your credibility on the issue of corruption because "your dad" supposedly worked somewhere. How old are you btw?

O I am merely saying you always paint picture of gloom or doom and you seem to say a lot of stuff that is simply not true.

Your posts and few other member especially Mastan khan posts remind me of some idiots who were gloating that Pakistan didn’t find oil and were so happy Imran Khan was proven wrong.

I am not saying there is no corruption in armed forces. Corruption is in the society like oxygen in the air. Unfortunately it penetrates every where.

But Your example of 300 percent mark up is made up. I dare you to give me a part name and I will check with my dad to see if it ever happened.
My dad did not work “some where”. He is a scientist and has many achievements nationally and internationally. Some I can talk but most I cannot. So let’s start with your corruption item of 300 percent. Tell me more.

Just to prove here is my dad’s patent
of entirely new steel making processing plant patent. He has many more. By the way his speciality is high strength steel and alloys. Go figure where they are used mostly in.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US5286273A/en

http://brevets-patents.ic.gc.ca/opic-cipo/cpd/eng/patent/2899116/summary.html

http://brevets-patents.ic.gc.ca/opi...4/summary.html?query=*&start=101&num=50&type=

Last edited:
may be some one has rigged 300% but has anybody been sentenced to death for wrong doing in the history of Pakistan ? i am talking about the recent death sentences if you know what i mean

Can you expand on these reasons? I have never heard about Saabs offerings or why Spada was greenlighted vs other systems.

Few senior PAF officers incl. the ACM at that time connived with an MBDA Italia agent to get this almost immobile semi-active system through. Otherwise, Bamse was the leading candidate after evaluation.

This has been reported by two people who are ex/active with PAF.

You are conflating Musharraf's role as a military leader with his role as a political leader. These are two entirely separate roles he performed. Musharraf may have been an effective military leader while being a poor political leader. His legacy as a political leader certainly isn't much to talk about.

Back
Top Bottom