What's new

Lt Gen Asim Munir selected as new army chief

President can delay his decision upto 25 days on , if he refuses to sign for another 4 days and as we all know Asim Munir is set to retire on 27th of November then what happens ?

And most likely Fauj was entering into floor tiles business and Master tiles is the biggest group in Pakistan in this segment.

A failure of Master tiles meant a success for Army run tiles business, and with it a 90 crore upfront payment to support the initiative from the competition.

Any reliable source for this Master tiles story??

Unconstitutional appointment, he retires on 27th nov.

President Alvi will step in, supreme court will be involved too.
No constitution does not deny this move infact as of today it is a constitutional move as Munir is on duty and is the most senior general in seniority list, so as of now its not unconstitutional but the problem would when interpretation of this move may be used with bad motivation same is pointed out by Jango in his below quoted post.
So what stops a PM from approving a Lt Gen who retires 6 months before COAS retirement, and promoting him to Lt Gen? That is in effect what happened here. 3 days or 6 months, does not matter.

Kh Asif there says ab economy bhi upar jaye gi...lol.
Yes it is a sort of violation of customs of Army related to appointment of Army Chief and you have mention a genuine concern but again there is nothing in law which is explicitly against this move.

Now the situation will be more interesting.
=====================

NOTE: My personal understanding is that for him to have 3 years as 4 star General he is required to assume charges as 4⭐general (Not Army Chief) before the end of 27th of this month, Bajwa may may accommodate this move, if not then we will have an interesting situation

He was 3 star Gen and when he is promoted to 4 start automatically his service increased 3 years. He is the most senior Gen in ranking.

Subject to the supreme commander's approval :D

No authentic news source for the Master Tiles story so far.

Another two-bit click bait website titlepress.com is carrying it.

they were already decided upon him, decided in PM meeting with Nawaz in London, did not took a lot of time to announce.

this time it will not be easy for a COAS.

with public uproar, he has been selected and to face some huge challenges in front of him including general elections which will be his greatest test, it will also show how neutral is Estd in politics with that so called announcement yesterday. let's enjoy him play defensive or face the heat.

decisions from SC with great impact from Estd will also be tested against their claims of no more politics in future.

let's see how much he is being extended for this job. in this way they will keep him on the heels.

is it that an extension can be given for a year?

it will also be seen how does he react to the uproar we heard about all the six who when meet current COAS and it was not a very pleasant meeting as per rumors.

Last edited:
I don't know whether this extortion story is true or not

But I just checked other tweets of this "Strategic Communications Cell"

It is a pro BJP hindutva account run by some safroni chaddi haramzada

Since when did these guys are reliable and authentic source for anything related to even Indian muslims let alone Pakistan and its army?

Well, I have no trust in East India Company crooks either. Chief of this Sicilian mafia is just face, whole mafia work together that's why they are able to loot and plunder for 7 decades.

Well, I have no trust in East India Company crooks either. Chief of this Sicilian mafia is just face, whole mafia work together that's why they are able to loot and plunder for 7 decades.

Whatever man but I would need a better source than some gau mutra fan to believe about literally anything

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom