What's new

Lower your grocery bill with local alternatives to imported products

Thing is they need to do quality check of Pak made goods...I would be afraid to use local shampoo....even the milk is rumoured to have chemicals!

What about safeguard? Lifebouy?

OOps neither are Pakistani :o:

Lifebouy is not Pakistani?

It's my favourite Pakistani soap... :(

a7ysrya7q9r21.jpg

Why is stuff like this being imported to begin with!

That brand is expensive in the UK. Can't believe its sold in PK. We buy Pakistani imported kali march, chilli flakes etc.

That’s why I tend to use cash back or point cards when I go food shopping.

Are you still interested? Check out my threads and tell me who you wish to work with and I will make a PM for you so you can talk it and put it down...

I have a few who are into working but we cant seem to get a team to move things forward!

Sir G, actually my retirement is nearing up in next tworking years. I have no separate stream of income. That's why I started to explore the venues in Pakistan but there only negativity is on rise.
Most of the people only gave the idea to own property and rent it out, I feel it inappropriate; because such activities does not add to economical benefits for the country and most important it will speed-up rusting my joints to make me more lazier and 'hud-harram'.
I found my love in farming either poultry/cattle (goats). So my main goal is to start from the basics of feed (not at higher end but to local customers) just to prepare corn silage and market it locally. It will also provide me the opportunity for starting my own goat farm as I will be in the business of feed for cattles.
Will check your threads and will be back in this regards - thanks.

That brand is expensive in the UK. Can't believe its sold in PK. We buy Pakistani imported kali march, chilli flakes etc.

Really? It's one of the cheapest in US. But it should not be in Pakistan!

because we are businessmen minded not enterprenuerers who want to grow a business...everyone just wants quick cash - doesnt think far! We have no dairy company!

No export quality meethai while indian tin meethai can be found in UK and USA!

Never ventured into it...We are not visionary!

So true, I myself witnessed how mostly stores were covered with Pakistani products but now mostly Chinese, Indian or even Bangladeshi products have taken over those items kicking vast majority of Pakistani products. Look at Indians they have established successful chain stores of Indian grocery, Patel Brothers and Apna Bazaar, they also sell Pakistani products then there are dozens of Pakistani shops around that store, these shops are selling same product for a higher price, and this higher price become significant if you do bulk grocery. Now if all these tiny shops join up and create 1 single big store and either match or have lower prices than Indian chain stores, they will successfully grow their business exponentially, but as you mentioned, we loose our money by trying to become rich and opening shops individually. As for Bangladeshis, they are hyper nationalists and check every single item's label before putting it into their shopping cart or shop at only Bangladeshi owned store, for them if it is not Bangladeshi origin then it doesn't deserve to be in their cart.

These are the mentalities you have competition with. And it is not impossible to beat them with your own growth. We have brains and to be blunt we are more fit but it is pure laziness. It is same like our politicians who made the mindset that since we are small so we can't match India in anyway, but look at Bangladesh they had the will and they beat us economically with that will. Our mentalities has to change for good.

Lifebouy is not Pakistani?

It's my favourite Pakistani soap... :(

I once got a lifebouy shampoo from local store in lahore. Saw the manufacturer tag later once got hone.it was from srilanka.

Fact is govt of pak still impise gst and manufactiring tax on consumer even a manufacturer who has to pay his tax from his earning pas on consumers in pak imported or local govt of pak has one agends to take every last blood out of body from poorest in pak

The main problem with the Pakistani product are the health and low quality issues that come with it.

Just for example take medicine. I have a relative who got a job in the medicine manufactoring industry, he was asked to do milawat but he refused and he ended up leaving his job and career. My point is its the government's job to improve our products and they need to bring reforms, they need agencies which have a check up mechanism. They should not release any product to its citizens which could cause health hazards or if they don't meet the quality control. But all Pakistanis know our local products are made cheaply and nobody cares about the quality.

I can 100% say if our local products beat all imported quality then the people will buy local.

Exactly ... on my last trip to Pakistan ... I discussed some basic business ideas within a circles of friends/relatives and the strange thing which I noted was only the negativity. None even one appreciated positively. Not possible in Pakistan or Impossible or very difficult were the words which I listened.
IMO Pakistan is a paradise for small businesses ... start from minimum investment, learn from mistakes and go upwards gradually - step by step; no short cuts or leaps to become rich overnight.
In our area AJK they all dream of going to the UK. For AJK UK visa/Rishta is a multi million industry, I was surprised how even the poor are living a good life. If they run out of money then blackmail a UK relative or cry till the money comes. Those who work hard are making good money.

Sir G, actually my retirement is nearing up in next tworking years. I have no separate stream of income. That's why I started to explore the venues in Pakistan but there only negativity is on rise.
Most of the people only gave the idea to own property and rent it out, I feel it inappropriate; because such activities does not add to economical benefits for the country and most important it will speed-up rusting my joints to make me more lazier and 'hud-harram'.
I found my love in farming either poultry/cattle (goats). So my main goal is to start from the basics of feed (not at higher end but to local customers) just to prepare corn silage and market it locally. It will also provide me the opportunity for starting my own goat farm as I will be in the business of feed for cattles.
Will check your threads and will be back in this regards - thanks.
I would say if you have money then open a store in AJK. Sell all imported items at very expensive rate. You will make very good money. I was surprised how busy these stores are, they charge UK rates. I even bought ASDA chocolate box for Rs700. It doesn't have to be a massive store. Just a decent size will do. Keep some good workers who look after the customers and help take the items to their cars.

Take a daily shower and follow the hygienes... deodrants are not needed and in fact not recommended by dermatologists. Quite bad for health.
People on PDF might this funny but 1 year ago I started to shower with no soap and shampoo. After a few weeks I might use shampoo as old habits don't die easily and i use HOMEMADE saltscrub for the body every week.
If you shower daily with plain water then you'll still live trust me :)
You can put some coconut oil in the scrub, this won't make your skin peel or dry out.

On the face use Turmeric powder, also instead of toothpaste you can use Turmeric powder.

This is way better than using cancer causing chemicals on your body, face and mouth.

For tea use Gur instead of cancer causing sugar.
For breakfast eat roti with yougart than cornflakes and other marketing stuff which are full of sugar and Allah knows what else.

Get rid of fried food. It's very difficult but it's absolutely crazy deep frying and eating.
Most of oil in Pakistan is fake.

I've tried Pakistani city Ghee and milk. It's all mikawat and the colour of the Ghee is different than the one in villages.

Back
Top Bottom