What's new

Lower your grocery bill with local alternatives to imported products

Same goes for milk and milk products, how can we not become number 1 in milk and beef production and export?

Because all of milk and beef is consumed inside Pakistan due to large population

Even daily shower isnt recommended by the Western doctors...

Why daily shower is not recommended

Last edited:
Niiicceee! What card? Damn good one I’m sure.

My daily driver is the citi double cash back card.

Hmm..that card sounds pretty good. Never noticed it.

my primary card (5% on BJ's purchases).
https://www.creditcards.com/reviews/bjs-perks-elite-mastercard-review/

this for supermarkets (6%!! :o:) and gas (3%)
https://www.creditcards.com/credit-cards/blue-cash-preferred-card-from-american-express/

Bank of America Cash Rewards (don't use it much other than for my car/house insurance..no extra fee) They used to double the rewards like your card but they stopped it.

Last edited:
Take a look at your grocery list and count how many items on your list aren’t made in Pakistan. Your shampoo, milk, toothpaste, cereal, soap, baby products, cooking oil and processed food products are all going to become more expensive if they are manufactured in other countries.

The devaluation of the rupee has forced traders to limit imports, which will eventually cause a rise in the price of imported items by 35 to 40%.

Almost 50% of food items in Pakistan are being imported, the Karachi Wholesale Grocers Association’s (KWGA) patron-in-chief, Anis Majeed, told SAMAA Digital. This includes milk and milk products, processed foods, wheat, dry fruit, tea, spices, oil seeds, oil and daal (lentils).

While it is not possible to find a local alternative to every imported item, SAMAA Digital has compiled a list of products manufactured in Pakistan that could be cheaper alternatives to imported goods.

Baby products: Mom&Me (baby oil, baby shampoo, baby soap, baby talcum powder, body lotions)

Body spray/deodorant: Bold

Milk products: Millac (dairy powder, condensed milk, butter, ghee), GoodMilk, Adam’s (cheese, lassi, pasteurized milk, desi ghee, yogurt)

Handwash: Capri, Necos

Soap: Capri, Saeed Ghani, Tibet, Dew

Toothpaste: Revand, Miswak, English

Shampoo: English Shampoo, Saeed Ghani, Bioamla, Necos, WBHemani

Pasta: Kolson, Bake Parlor

Chocolate spread: Youngs

Cereal: Fauji, WBHemani

Chocolate syrup: Salman’s

Drink mix: Tang (the locally made one), Limopani, Sunsip, Mitchells, National, Shezan, Quice, Hamdard

Sanitary Pads: Butterfly, Trust, Spot-free

Diapers: Bonapapa, Leo

Canned corn: National, Mitchells

Biscuits: Peak Freans, Lu, Bisconi

Confectionery items: Candyland, Mitchells, Hilal, Cadbury, Mayfair

Hair oil: Hamdard, Saeed Ghani, Hemani

Frozen Foods: Monsalwa, K&N’s, Menu

Going local would not only help you escape the price hike of imported goods, but will also be beneficial for the economy. However, the price of local commodities is expected to rise too, just not as much as imported products. Higher energy and fuel costs will make it more expensive to produce and transport locally made products.

But Anis said the price hike will be less compared to that of imported goods. “The increase in prices is imminent, given the devaluation of rupee and rise in petrol prices,” he added.

Another reason why local products will become more expensive is because Pakistan imports basic raw materials for food production.

According to the State Bank of Pakistan, Pakistan imported vegetables, fruits, nuts, coffee, cereal, milling products and oil seeds worth Rs202 million last year. The cost of importing live animals, meat, fish, dairy, eggs, honey costed Rs17 million. Processed food items including beverages, sugar and sugar confectionery, cocoa products, flour, and tobacco were worth Rs38 million.

Multinationals based in Pakistan, like Unilever, Colgate-Palmolive and Procter & Gamble, make two versions of their products. The ones made abroad will cost more and look slightly different compared to those made in Pakistan.
#madeinpakistan

Hmm..that card sounds pretty good. Never noticed it.

my primary card
https://www.creditcards.com/reviews/bjs-perks-elite-mastercard-review/

this for supermarkets (6%!!) and gas
https://www.creditcards.com/credit-cards/blue-cash-preferred-card-from-american-express/

Bank of America Cash Rewards (don't use it much other than for my car/house insurance..no extra fee) They used to double the rewards like your card but they stopped it.

It’s a pretty decent card, not the best in the world by any means, but it serves me very well.

BTW I have the American express cash magnet card. The preferred and the magnet cards look almost the same.

Just like your standard of living would be much better compared to a char bachon ka baap

hahaha that i know.

but government aspires to promote family of 4 principle actually

Because all of milk and beef is consumed inside Pakistan due to large population

Doesn't matter, I'm talking about more than what we consume. Look at tiny Denmark who produces way more and is generating $$$ by exporting. Look at India who cry foul about animal/beef slaughter but is exporting beef and generating $$$. If there is will this can be acheived in Pakistan, but if there is laziness, nothing can be acheived.

Doesn't matter, I'm talking about more than what we consume. Look at tiny Denmark who produces way more and is generating $$$ by exporting. Look at India who cry foul about animal/beef slaughter but is exporting beef and generating $$$. If there is will this can be acheived in Pakistan, but if there is laziness, nothing can be acheived.

Pakistan also exports beef but to Afghanistan only that too illegal
Indians I believe export buffalo meat which isn't sacred in their religion

Pakistan also exports beef but to Afghanistan only that too illegal
Indians I believe export buffalo meat which isn't sacred in their religion

Exporting to Afghanistan is nothing, I'm talking about tapping markets like Middle East, Australia, SE Asia, Central Asia, even Africa and Europe.

Indians lecture others of becoming veggie but they export beef in large amount. So that was what I was pointing out.

Back
Top Bottom