What's new

Lone wolf: The West should bide its time, friendless China is in trouble

All chinese companies have circular stake. Shady accounting practice. Every company has 3 reports one for internal, one for CCP/gov another for outside.
How can they be so successful in business around the world? How about Indian companies?

So we should not beleive what china actually say about GDP and FDI? If we start questioning everything then where you draw the line?

Its not glass empty or glass completely full....but where possible its best to be on side of skepticism as far as possible (i.e start with empty glass and pour into it carefully to measure the true amount there).

That goes for every country in general, and even the very concept of GDP too (it is only an estimate remember).

This is for example how a lot of GDP discrepancy analysis is done, i.e what is the correlations of GDP to certain physical volumes of things vetted from neutral parties (that can be measured with as few or no govt middlemen as possible, like say remote sensing or cross-party vetted data that generally bear good correlation for GDP for other countries).

There is no question China has grown a large deal economically (if you do say remote sense of energy use from space or track vetted trade with other countries etc...i.e 3rd party correlations that lie fully outside of CCP influence and data gathering) but its likely not to the level they (CCP) have on paper (this needs a lot of reading of economists who have followed this subject and charted these correlations and the downstream drift of them).

Especially given there is huge buffer to begin with for all kind of shenanigans (esp when you are the full gamut of every single large organ in totalitarian setup) when you peg your currency as undervalued, have a huge forex stockpile but have massive govt owned/influenced enterprises providing all inputs too....and simply apply western developed institutional data (for fundamentally different setup) as 1:1 for that. It is inherently faulty.

But certain things like FDI in China case are clearly way different situation to other countries FDI norms and definitions, given no one else quite has this HK route at the scale China goes for there....thus it should be taken with large amount of salt. Other things must be looked at before instead.

Out of those 50 so called allies. 40+ are only for lip service.

Thank me later.

How many Western and so-called opportunist Asian allies will follow the US into the battleground? You and your Indian buddies keep making this fanatsy allegation that no one will stand next to China when shit hits the fan. How many are willing to risk it all and stand next to the US when shit hits the fan? Tell us since you know for sure.

All chinese companies have circular stake. Shady accounting practice. Every company has 3 reports one for internal, one for CCP/gov another for outside.
I doubt your claim. If you are publicly listed copmany you are audit by public accounting firms. these are universal rules. Please dont make false statements.

How many Western allies will follow the US into the battleground?
Well you'll likely have UK, France and it's NATO allies not to mention high tech Japan and Australia.

You should actually ask yourself,will Pakistan or NK join china's side. You could do me a simple favor by mentioning which PLA army unit participate in your war against India in the last 70+ years.:coffee::smitten:

Its not glass empty or glass completely full....but where possible its best to be on side of skepticism as far as possible (i.e start with empty glass and pour into it carefully to measure the true amount there).

That goes for every country in general, and even the very concept of GDP too (it is only an estimate remember).

This is for example how a lot of GDP discrepancy analysis is done, i.e what is the correlations of GDP to certain physical volumes of things vetted from neutral parties (that can be measured with as few or no govt middlemen as possible, like say remote sensing or cross-party vetted data that generally bear good correlation for GDP for other countries).

There is no question China has grown a large deal economically (if you do say remote sense of energy use from space or track vetted trade with other countries etc...i.e 3rd party correlations that lie fully outside of CCP influence and data gathering) but its likely not to the level they (CCP) have on paper (this needs a lot of reading of economists who have followed this subject and charted these correlations and the downstream drift of them).

Especially given there is huge buffer to begin with for all kind of shenanigans (esp when you are the full gamut of every single large organ in totalitarian setup) when you peg your currency as undervalued, have a huge forex stockpile but have massive govt owned/influenced enterprises providing all inputs too....and simply apply western developed institutional data (for fundamentally different setup) as 1:1 for that. It is inherently faulty.

But certain things like FDI in China case are clearly way different situation to other countries FDI norms and definitions, given no one else quite has this HK route at the scale China goes for there....thus it should be taken with large amount of salt. Other things must be looked at before instead.
good points.

In another un related topic.

mauritius remains top source of fdi for India. This seems to me part of the investment maybe belong to china and they indirectly invest in india through off shore banking.

Well you'll likely have UK, France and it's NATO allies not to mention high tech Japan and Australia.

You should actually ask yourself,will Pakistan or NK join china's side. You could do me a simple favor by mentioning which PLA army unit participate in your war against India in the last 70+ years.:coffee::smitten:

LOL when China unleashes hell NATO, France, UK, Japan and Australia will be nowhere to be found. That is some breaking news for you. You are putting too much faith in part-time soldiers LOL

As for China, it is so big and powerful, it will handle it all alone quite nicely.

Pakistan is already on China's side. In the midst of chaos your little friend India is going to resort to misadventures. We will be taking care of this nuisance. Is that siding with China? LOL You bet it is. Taking out a nuisance that is a thorn for both China and Pakistan is a worthy cause.

Last edited:
I doubt your claim. If you are publicly listed copmany you are audit by public accounting firms. these are universal rules. Please dont make false statements.
You can check that, all major chinese companies listed are holding company. They hide accounting number like this. check recent fraud luckin coffee.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/21/business/luckin-founder-nasdaq-apology-intl-hnk/index.html
Apart from Alibaba, all other company has shady practice. This is because of Softbank Group holds major stack in Baba.

Buddy there are always some bad apple. Are you saying every company from china doing the same?
yes, check nasdaq listing of chinese companies. 95% are like that.
Here is another China Digital TV Holding (STV) I lost money on this shit.

mauritius remains top source of fdi for India. This seems to me part of the investment maybe belong to china and they indirectly invest in india through off shore banking.

Yes the same round tripping is notorious in India case w.r.t Mauritius...esp for real estate sector.

Almost every big economy has the feature and a few options for tax haven kind of thing (given some special treaties signed by elitist politicians of both countries) to roundtrip and get better tax deal on investment....or laundering black money to white (compared to domestic route).

But its just the scale in case of China (70% of total to/from HK)...esp given HK is supposed to be part of China officially.

Of course there is also genuine FDI coming through these routes too, given the way corporate investments and flows work (like example the heritage of HKSE and the companies listed there esp from Taiwan, which China made beeline for when more direct economic relations were still just starting with Taiwan given the political situation).

Just no real idea to say how much is this and that....

Back
Top Bottom