What's new

Lone wolf: The West should bide its time, friendless China is in trouble

It's all political talk and nothing more then that. If USA banned Chinese imports, USA economy won't survive. Plus China has trillions of dollars as a reserve currency that China can dump to crash american economy.
All this talk about Chinese apps are security risk is bullshit. Google, Facebook, Whatsapp, Apple OS, Android all spying on people.
its just fan boys predicting this and that. In reality china has received record FDI..Manufacturing almost recover up to 95 percent and economy humming again. Stock market is in bull territory and keep going up.

this vote on UN was about a security law in hong kong. Its not like they declare a war against china or entire world putting trade sanction against china. Nothing remotely like that. not to mention this was an "opinion" article. any one can have strong or for opinion. nothing wrong with that.

From next year when world settle down we will see more china and usa trade. If trump comes to power he will push for trade deal 2. This is what corporate america and wall street want. Every thing else is irrelevant. And if Biden comes which is real possibility now expect no more tariff.

Biden on the other hand will try to focus on invest more infrastructure...and buy american agenda. which is bad news for mexico...canada and some extent china as well other asian economies.

u.s. only has india, australia, japan, uk & maybe vietnam standing with it. germany & france are playing slick by sitting in China's lap while shaking hands with the u.s. russia, middle east, most of south & south east asia, africa & most of south america are more than happy to trade with China. don't look now but it looks like its the y.s. that is fast becoming the lone wolf.

Whenever I look at Asia, I become hopeless. Major economical powers, yet hopeless. India fighting China, Pakistan fighting India, China fighting Japan, Bangladesh fighting none, yet fighting, and see the Middle East..
Are we fools, or we have lot more time and resources for such Bakwas.
Pakistan and India could have adopted same language, could have freed their parts of Kashmir, making another friendly neighbour. Sharing knowledge and becoming self sufficient. I wonder why China and Japan are fighting? Just for their past? Wow, what an intelligent nations. And Middle east? It surprises me daily.. Why is the word, that pops in my mind, and yeah, too often.
Why just why.. We celebrate each other's losses. We become party against each other. Why we are so much big fools.

Last edited:
Whenever I look at Asia, I become hopeless. Major economical powers, yet hopeless. India fighting China, Pakistan fighting India, China fighting Japan, Bangladesh fighting none, yet fighting, and see the Middle East..
Pakistan and India could have adopted same language, could have freed their parts of Kashmir, making another friendly neighbour. Sharing knowledge and becoming self sufficient. I wonder why China and Japan are fighting? Just for their past? Wow, what an intelligent nations. And Middle east? It surprises me daily.. Why is the word, that pops in my mind, and yeah, too often.
Why just why.. We celebrate each other's losses. We become party against each other. Why we are so much big fools.

China and Japan haven't even mentioned each other in press releases in months.

Pakistan could have adopted same language as India only if India conquered Pakistan. Is that what you want?

China and Japan haven't even mentioned each other in press releases in months.
Of course. They never mention each other.
Pakistan could have adopted same language as India only if India conquered Pakistan. Is that what you want?
See that mentality? Without fight, without war, this is possible. That is my point.

No I mean by source country
does it matter?

Private companies ownsership structure is very complex. Tim Hortons in canada is proud canadian..but is it? Not really. Not to mention re routing of investment through tax heavens and shell companies.

wont happen. White love each others. Just look at the five eye countries. they always work together. first world war 1...world war 2...then cold war...then war on terror aka muslims..now rise of china...

asians dont. and when it comes to brown ppl its even worse.

No I mean by source country
If there's anything I see about these pro chinese forumers here, is that they insist on what suits them, they always mention EU will not side with US other than lip service whilst boasting small economically insignificant states siding with china and seems to forgot that these countries too offers very little other than lip service.

Ask the Vietnamese here what they think about China's policy in the SCS.
Ask about Indonesian about Vietnamese policy in SCS.

Maybe you want to claim you as Indonesian what the Vietnamese doing in the video is absolutely correct and you are wrong.

I think a lot of countries are silently angry at China for being the origin of this devastating virus as well as not containing it and not just the death toll it's exacted, but most certainly the economic devastation that almost every country has had to endure. Some much worst than others, of course. This might influence the sentiment of that OP article even more.
The thru of fake news and false data about China for covid-19 cement lot of these sentiment. That is why democracy and free media are not suitable for current era.

What about US military shipped out millions of test kit from Italy when they are hit hard by covid-19? You think Italian can still count on US as allies?

does it matter?

Yes it matters a whole bunch if you are going to quote it as a "record FDI":

https://santandertrade.com/en/portal/establish-overseas/china/foreign-investment

Hong Kong 72.1%

https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/Xia-Le-China-s-numbers-don-t-tell-full-story-on-foreign-investment

With this level of "round tripping" (and similar)...ODI/FDI money laundering schemes (that fluffs both as HK is quite strangely treated as separate entity for origin/destination) of what would be counted as internal investment for any other country....it really doesn't matter one iota if the number is claimed to grow or dip by whatever x % from year to year.

70% of 140 billion FDI is pretty much 100 billion dollars. 40 billion is what actually comes from non-HK to begin with. You tell m if 5 or 6% growth of the 140 billion figure means anything then?

Similar laundering happens with their GDP in general (much longer subject)

This is the hallmark of an institutionally decrepit country esp when it comes to their shadow banking sector:

https://smallcaps.com.au/china-counterfeit-gold-scandal-wuhan-kingold-jewelry-fake-bars-loans/

If there's anything I see about these pro chinese forumers here, is that they insist on what suits them, they always mention EU will not side with US other than lip service whilst boasting small economically insignificant states siding with china and seems to forgot that these countries too offers very little other than lip service.

Very few to none have actually been to Europe to begin with to talk to what people think of China there on the whole. Then there are the ones that just plainly lie too.

Yes it matters a whole bunch if you are going to quote it as a "record FDI":

https://santandertrade.com/en/portal/establish-overseas/china/foreign-investment

Hong Kong 72.1%

https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/Xia-Le-China-s-numbers-don-t-tell-full-story-on-foreign-investment

With this level of "round tripping" (and similar)...ODI/FDI money laundering schemes (that fluffs both as HK is quite strangely treated as separate entity for origin/destination) of what would be counted as internal investment for any other country....it really doesn't matter one iota if the number is claimed to grow or dip by whatever x % from year to year.

70% of 140 billion FDI is pretty much 100 billion dollars. 40 billion is what actually comes from non-HK to begin with. You tell m if 5 or 6% growth of the 140 billion figure means anything then?

Similar laundering happens with their GDP in general (much longer subject)

This is the hallmark of an institutionally decrepit country esp when it comes to their shadow banking sector:

https://smallcaps.com.au/china-counterfeit-gold-scandal-wuhan-kingold-jewelry-fake-bars-loans/

So we should not beleive what china actually say about GDP and FDI? If we start questioning everything then where you draw the line?

So we should not beleive what china actually say about GDP and FDI? If we start questioning everything then where you draw the line?
All chinese companies have circular stake. Shady accounting practice. Every company has 3 reports one for internal, one for CCP/gov another for outside.

Back
Top Bottom