What's new

London 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal of the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Condi Rice and Colin Powel are not 'real' Americans. I guess all the Asians, from Chinese to Viets to Koreans, I see in LA are not 'real' Americans as well.

When it comes to racism from the Chinese here, nothing is too extreme in interpretations and mental gymnastics in trying to portray the US as a racist country despite the fact that Chinese-Americans are doing quite well across the country and in every political spectrum.

Being a "real" American is one thing, but being treated as an American-"American" is another.

As you love to live in your fantasy as being treated as an American-"American", because you've served in military, then that's your own problem.

all we want are fair game play. if something goes wrong we blame GB. because london is the host city. they try everything to make the britan get more medals. and try to bring the USA to the top
Ever considered that maybe your athletes didn't deserve to win?
Try everything to make GB win? We were relegated from a silver to a bronze due to a Japanese appeal.
Some decision go your way, others don't.

Being a "real" American is one thing, but being treated as an American-"American" is another.

As you love to live in your fantasy as being treated as an American-"American", because you've served in military, then that's your own problem.
The problem is yours which is that you do not know what is an 'American' in the first place. To you, it is about skin color. You cannot even tell when your attitude is contributing to the continuing problem of race in America. The US is not perfect but just as it is far from perfection, others are just as far from US in terms of race. You think your beloved China can do better? If anything, your China is even more racist than the US. So who got the real problem now?

Try everything to make GB win? We were relegated from a silver to a bronze due to a Japanese appeal.

How did you even get a medal in the first place? Because of biased judging.

The problem is yours which is that you do not know what is an 'American' in the first place. To you, it is about skin color. You cannot even tell when your attitude is contributing to the continuing problem of race in America. The US is not perfect but just as it is far from perfection, others are just as far from US in terms of race. You think your beloved China can do better? If anything, your China is even more racist than the US. So who got the real problem now?

Not all Americans are racists but most racists in this world seem to be American.

How did you even get a medal in the first place? Because of biased judging.

Not all Americans are racists but most racists in this world seem to be American.
You have literally registered to troll. Go away.

we will respect GB, if they give back the gold medal , which won by fake crash.
if not, GB is only a hypocrite.

Sorry to break your heart. But the fact is that an American-"American" is INDEED, determined by skin color, and that's the way it is in the real world.

I never said anything about how China's racism is any better than the US, and I'm not sure why you drag China into this. Why don't you drag Vietnam in here too? I'm sure the Viets have a thing or two to say about the Agent Orange.

The problem here is you trying to portrait that racism does not exist in the West/America. Because that is where you can only find proud and accomplishments from, and use it to bash China whenever there's chance. While you're not even one of them, technically.

Talking about seeking proud/accomplishments from the West/America, we Chinese have a lot more things, which is accomplished by us Chinese, to be proud and brag about than the silly Viets.

So what's your point? Being proud for borrowing the name "American" to bash on the Chinese?

Olympics 2012: American judoka expelled for doping violation
Published: Monday, Aug 6, 2012, 19:07 IST
Agency: Reuters

American judo player Nicholas Delpopolo has been expelled from the Olympics for a doping violation, the International Olympic Committee said on Monday.

Delpopolo was disqualified from the 73kg judo event after providing a urine sample that tested positive for a prohibited substance.

3w.dnaindia.com/sport/report_olympics-2012-american-judoka-expelled-for-doping-violation_1724703

LOL, just search CNN and NBC and ....no report

Current medal count

122oh7r.jpg

Judoka Nicholas Delpopolo tests positive for cannabis
BBC Sport - Judoka Nicholas Delpopolo tests positive for cannabis

Western media don't turn this news from a mouse to an elephant spectacle unlike Ye's case where the BBC commentators would non stop talk about it not to forget how it made headlines on almost every country's televisions. So far i haven't heard anything from the BBC commentators regarding Delpopolo, i wonder why :)

That Japanese appeal was justified (see Guardian). You still booing at the decision in the event after so many days in which even your media said it was "astonishing" to win a bronze (bbc).

Look at what your paper said:

19:50
19:16

Olympic gymnastics 2012: men's final

BBC Sport - Olympics gymnastics: Team bronze for Britain after appeal

Olympics 2012: American judoka expelled for doping violation
Published: Monday, Aug 6, 2012, 19:07 IST
Agency: Reuters

American judo player Nicholas Delpopolo has been expelled from the Olympics for a doping violation, the International Olympic Committee said on Monday.

Delpopolo was disqualified from the 73kg judo event after providing a urine sample that tested positive for a prohibited substance

3w.dnaindia.com/sport/report_olympics-2012-american-judoka-expelled-for-doping-violation_1724703

LOL, just search CNN and NBC and ....no report

why do you still have hopes for the americans!

Well you forgot to mention Gabby's couch is a Chinese.

Racist still applies to many things, but not so much, if any, applied to what you've mentioned any more these days.

Only idiots believes they'll be treated American-"American", when they're not White in the first place, in the States. Specially to those who served in the military.

Can't blame them, where because they couldn't find proud from their origin.

typo: coach!

That Japanese appeal was justified (see Guardian). You still booing at the decision in the event after so many days in which even your media said it was "astonishing" to win a bronze (bbc).

Look at what your paper said:

19:50
19:16

Olympic gymnastics 2012: men's final

BBC Sport - Olympics gymnastics: Team bronze for Britain after appeal

why do you still have hopes for the americans!
I was just showing how decisions can go against us.
I was never "booing". I was delighted that we got any medal at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom