What's new

Lockheed Martin signs pact with Tata to make F-16 planes in India

I mean 250 units, Genius!
Oops

So what do you suggest?
We should also laugh

Wouldn't it be cheaper if india bought planes directly from states. Now Lm will Disassemble its plant in us transfer it to india and manufacture f16 from the parts imported from us. Who will be paying for the transportation and logistics? Didn't you learn from Russian deal of your su aircrafts.
Not necessarily all, Tata already manufacture military goods.

So finally india selects a design of 1978 with beauty parlour touch ups, PAF has well insight of the platform.
Pakistani Jf17 block 3 would be able to counter it happily.
PAF would jump to j31 as emergency counter manoeuvre.
Finally india would be entangled with outdated platform, think you are in 2020, whole world is on 5th generations and talking of 6th gens and india enjoying block 70 F16, beautiful scenario for PAF.
Please enjoy the gift then

A debate is going on, what US will do with F16 production line after it started F35 production. US also wants to get rid of F15 and F18 line up too. No customer is major reason behind selling or shutdown these production lines in future.
We would be happy to have them all, we earn on maintaining

No. It's China. #s speak for itself...

Yeh, in some extent

Yes, China was arguably the biggest beneficiary of America's decade of invasions in the Middle East. It bought us 10+ years of strategic freedom and opened up huge resource and arms markets in the Middle East, in Iraq for example.

Though I think it will buy us closer to 20 years, since Iraq and Syria are still burning as a consequence of the US invasions. And the whole world is focusing there right now.

Sad but true.

That is an agreement between Tata and LM...and India is yet to decide on F16 or Grippen. So why this noise here on this thread?

Unless India choose LM...and that too in 200 in numbers...F16 won't be produced in India...the cost of transferring the production line from US to India will not be covered unless a minimum of 200 F16s are produced in India. The case is same for Grippen too.

Based on or not based on.

The thing is that there is no Prototype or Technology Demonstrator of F16 Block 70 flying as of today.
http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/not-your-fathers-f-16-take-a-tour-of-the-f-16in-super-1676745840

UAE had loaned out 3 aircraft to Lockheed Martin for the IAF's evaluation phase.

China yes you are right Pakistan may not be able to get what uncle Sam can offer. But at least he is a dependable friend.
For now...

That is an agreement between Tata and LM...and India is yet to decide on F16 or Grippen. So why this noise here on this thread?

Unless India choose LM...and that too in 200 in numbers...F16 won't be produced in India...the cost of transferring the production line from US to India will not be covered unless a minimum of 200 F16s are produced in India. The case is same for Grippen too.
Don't worry, you will have to comply with USA this time.

SAAB is fine with 100 or less.
They offered local production to Brazil, which ordered only 36.
Some of them produced in Sweden.

You are right that it is way premature to open Champagne bottles.
It ain't over until the fat lady sings, and right now, the game has not even begun.
Spectators are looking for seats, and buying popcorn, that's all.

When US has made India the strategic partner, it had been approved from day 1
@Dash

What if the deal goes sour due to India asking the US that future F-16s be exported to India friendly countries?

The whole plant will produce 150 to 200. After that what?

Will Trump agree?
Hell no.

Again. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

Looks like you have serious comprehension issues. I am not counting any chicken. All I am saying that, "Its a step in that direction".

Btw, Export control laws always depend on the country who holds the Intellectual property right. Why will Indiamake such a silly demand that doesnt even fall under its jurisdiction?? Heck even TATAs cant demand Jaguar tech even if they outright own it!!. You are pulling many rabbits out of your hat here.

The SP policy of DPP Article 7 released last month clearly asks OEMs to first select SP in India. Only then they will be able to bid. They have taken the first step and its a welcoming step.

No one here is dancing in boundless joy after this news. We are just discussing the repercussions of such a move and thats why its a step, the very first step. Towards advancing capabilities. Thats all.

but It would not do that he cannot check
on Fox News what happened in Sweden "yesterday".
It would spoil his evening, so no, he will not allow that...
I know what you did there :enjoy:

Looks like you have serious comprehension issues. I am not counting any chicken. All I am saying that, "Its a step in that direction".

Btw, Export control laws always depend on the country who holds the Intellectual property right. Why will Indiamake such a silly demand that doesnt even fall under its jurisdiction?? Heck even TATAs cant demand Jaguar tech even if they outright own it!!. You are pulling many rabbits out of your hat here.

The SP policy of DPP Article 7 released last month clearly asks OEMs to first select SP in India. Only then they will be able to bid. They have taken the first step and its a welcoming step.

No one here is dancing in boundless joy after this news. We are just discussing the repercussions of such a move and thats why its a step, the very first step. Towards advancing capabilities. Thats all.
Why do you even reply to this godawful troll.

The F-16 will not be able to fly, if USA does not provide India with the P&W engine.
No difference.
I donøt understand why people bring up this engine issue all the time. If India can buy GE414 for LCA Mk2. Then why would US stop it's supply to a NATO ally. Just to be vindictive.?
@A.P. Richelieu. What possibility do you see of such a thing happening.

I know what you did there :enjoy:

Why do you even reply to this godawful troll.

I donøt understand why people bring up this engine issue all the time. If India can buy GE414 for LCA Mk2. Then why would US stop itøs supply to a NATO ally.

If India buys Gripen, then it makes sense to use exactly the same engine for LCA Mk II.

Back
Top Bottom