What's new

'(lips)Kiss of love' protest outside RSS office in Delhi, 70 detained

Simply not protest at all ? because RSS was not involved in the incident in the first place ?
You said that there is a better way to protest, and that's what I wanted to know. Not protesting at all is not a better way to protest.

RSS was not involved in which incident? I can't pin it on the RSS, but many other branches of the sangh have abused loving couples in the past, for example on Valentine's day. Anyway my stance is not about the RSS at all, and from what I understand, neither is that of this movement. The "kiss of love" protests in the state of Kerala were not aimed at the RSS at all.

Simply not protest at all ? because RSS was not involved in the incident in the first place ?
No. I am glad they protested. Gives them some meaning. I appreciate it. Only object to the location. RSS is just a convenient punching bag. We have gotten used to it.

It only means our society is confused between liberalism and blind aping of Western culture. Do you really see anything liberalism in 'kiss of love" protests.
Where did the word and concept of "liberalism" come from? That's also a "western" concept. So this dichotomy between liberalism and western culture is a false one.

In general, yes I do see an affirmation of classical liberalism in this "kiss of love" protest. (In case you are not aware, 'classical liberalism' is different frm what is today called liberalism, and would be more akin to today's libertanianism.) Yes, this particular protest is fully atune with the ideas of classical liberalism.

Please point out a single post on this thread defending "honour killing".

like i said, it is all implicit... look at such members' reply to horus ( when he spoke about "honor killing" )... look at the posts of indic and star wars or indeed of the haryanvi members justifying khap panchayats...

okay, let's have a poll...

1. celebrate those young people protesting by kissing.
2. not condemn "honor killing" and khap panchayats and oppression by family and anti-human "moral values", explicitly.

RSS was not involved in which incident? I can't pin it on the RSS, but many other branches of the sangh have abused loving couples in the past, for example on Valentine's day. Anyway my stance is not about the RSS at all, and from what I understand, neither is that of this movement. The "kiss of love" protests in the state of Kerala were not aimed at the RSS at all.

How about stick with plackards and postcards why is it necessary to go all groase in public . IF they were kissing the foreheads,hands or cheeks i would not have a problem, but smooching ?? its simply people trying to grab attention

No. I am glad they protested. Gives them some meaning. I appreciate it. Only object to the location. RSS is just a convenient punching bag. We have gotten used to it.
RSS is organisation of pracharaks who scarifise there public life for Social welfare best example is Modi . basically they are found of ideology of vivekananda. Rss more of a Ngo very different from Vhp and other groups as far I observed them.

like i said, it is all implicit... look at such members' reply to horus ( when he spoke about "honor killing" )... look at the posts of indic and star wars or indeed of the haryanvi members justifying khap panchayats...

Where did i justify Khap panchayats , if you have problems with comprehending English i suggest you stay away from pdf ..

None of them supported honour killings, and khap panchayats have not even entered the discussion so far.

2. not condemn "honor killing" and khap panchayats and oppression by family and anti-human "moral values", explicitly.

False choice. That's like having a poll between
1) Support the congress party.
2) Support female infanticide.

You can only tick one of the two options.

it's a difference of perception. Your way is not always the right way, if it is than keep that to yourself.

In case of an Ebola outbreak:
funny_scrap-698.jpg

How about stick with plackards and postcards why is it necessary to go all groase in public . IF they were kissing the foreheads,hands or cheeks i would not have a problem, but smooching ?? its simply people trying to grab attention
Of course it is to grab attention - that's the whole point of any protest. What do you think a fast or satyagraha is for? Why not simply fast at home? By definition, a protest is meant to grab attention and make people think. Otherwise it wouldn't be a protest at all.

Dumbo, I only support Indian cultural values, not any khap panchayat. The perception of liberalism is that libel anything native Indian as backward and sign of being villagers, make fun of people connected to their roots and copying the western lifestyles as the sign of modernity.

Of course it is to grab attention - that's the whole point of any protest. What do you think a fast or satyagraha is for? Why not simply fast at home? By definition, a protest is meant to grab attention and make people think. Otherwise it wouldn't be a protest at all.

I,d say foreplay in public is a better way to grab attention. They should have done that . There is a fine line one should not cross especially in public ....

Back
Top Bottom