What's new

Light weight tanks for Pakistan Army

Scorpiooo

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India is considering to induct 350 light tanks after China india conflict of last years, as they have seen the chines type 15 light tank effectively and advantages.

Problem is that these will not only placed with Chinese border they will also be placed on Kashmir LoC, thats way indian are induction them on then in heavy numbers.

Its time Pakistan army should consider induction of some light weight tank for future. These can be inducted even in limited numbers as 90 to 100 tanks to cover kashmir.

Chinese VT5 export variant of Type 15 is good option or even Type 15 as it will good option. Or any other new or used option in light weight can be considered.

Three Tiers
Generally speaking, there are three types of tanks: heavy, medium, and light. All evolved to fulfill a certain role. Heavy tanks were useful against bunkers and fortifications, as well as dominating smaller tanks on the battlefield. Medium tanks are the mainstay of any tank force, a middleweight compromise between firepower, protection, and mobility. Light tanks were meant for scouting and exploiting breakthroughs, and handling infantry and light armored vehicles.

India is going to induct 350 light weight tasks

Last edited:
India is considering to induct 350 light tanks after China india conflict of last years, as they have seen the chines type 15 light tank effectively and advantages.

Problem is that these will not only placed with Chinese border they will also be placed on Kashmir LoC, thats way indian are induction them on then in heavy numbers.

Its time Pakistan army should consider induction of some light weight tank for future. These can be inducted even in limited numbers as 90 to 100 tanks to cover kashmir.

Chinese VT5 export variant of Type 15 is good option or even Type 15 as it will good option. Or any other new or used option in light weight can be considered.

Us Bangladeshis got the VT5s , pretty cool I guess and we got it due to our infrastructure and our land not being able to support heavier tanks

Well Pakistan don't need light tanks. What Pakistan need is IFVs, ATGM's on fast movers or fast movers in general and Carl Gustav M4s

Man I kinda wish we also got some Korean K-2s to replace our dam MBT-2000s
Those are to expensive for any country to induct, but offcouse hell of tank .. it will good add on for you
Well Pakistan don't need light tanks. What Pakistan need is IFVs, ATGM's on fast movers or fast movers in general and Carl Gustav M4s
But what if in future indian placed these light tank om khasmir LOC , they will to presure Pakistan and Chinese via Pakistan
True , tank on tank battles are going to be rare
Thatway my point was to induct in limited numbers

I'd rather opt for an ATGM carrier similar to the M901ITV that can fire stronger ATGMs. It will outrange the tank and will also save on cost and weight.

Or invest in an type 16/centauro class vehicle. Nice 105mm gun with low weight and good mobility. But still the atgm carrier sounds cooler.

We have AZs or type59/69s.
Man I kinda wish we also got some Korean K-2s to replace our dam MBT-2000s
You want to replace Alkahlid?!!!!
Instead we should go for AFT-10 AT system
images (8).jpeg

With so much infantry deployed on both sides, anti tank mines/weapons and highly unfavorable terrain it is nothing but fanboy's list.
Also is the need arises we have type59/69s or AZs.

Last edited:
We have AZs or type59/69s.

You want to replace Alkahlid?!!!!
He is saying for bangladash.
Instead we should go for AFT-10 AT system
View attachment 742041

With so much infantry deployed on both sides, anti tank mines/weapons and highly unfavorable terrain it is nothing but fanboy's list.
Also is the need arises we have type59/69s or AZs.
Type 59/69 are 1st gen, there time is almost over.

I just share my opnion as future need of over kashmir side LoC, you may can it fanboy's opproch, but in relistic its quite reliatic and affordable opproch .. but offcouse PA know best ... may they some better planned . .. they are best at it.

AFT-10 AT system can be consider in this case as your wish as fanboy
I'd rather opt for an ATGM carrier similar to the M901ITV that can fire stronger ATGMs. It will outrange the tank and will also save on cost and weight.

Or invest in an type 16/centauro class vehicle. Nice 105mm gun with low weight and good mobility. But still the atgm carrier sounds cooler.
Yes ATGM can be considered as good option . ..

He is saying for bangladash.

Type 59/69 are 1st gen, there time is almost over.

I just share my opnion as future need of over kashmir side LoC, you may can it fanboy's opproch, but in relistic its quite reliatic and affordable opproch .. but offcouse PA know best ... may they some better planned . .. they are best at it.

AFT-10 AT system can be consider in this case as your wish as fanboy

Yes ATGM can be considered as good option . ..
We should be heavily investing into a new ATGM carrier with a newly developed ATGM.

Something similar to the Spike LR but better. The penetrstion of a Kornet E atgm, the range of hellfire atgm and the data link of the Spike LR. Its entirely possible with a JV from China and/or Turkey.

Pakistani LOC terrain is quite different from Chinese LAC. You can barely drive a jeep up there. 14 ton US MRAP were struggling in Afghanistan mountains. Kashmir is on another level. Light tanks are sitting duck for ATGM from elevation and densely forested camouflage.

We should be heavily investing into a new ATGM carrier with a newly developed ATGM.

Something similar to the Spike LR but better. The penetrstion of a Kornet E atgm, the range of hellfire atgm and the data link of the Spike LR. Its entirely possible with a JV from China and/or Turkey.
We need them over all not as alternate of lighg thanks, we need then to counter enemy on all border
Pakistani LOC terrain is quite different from Chinese LAC. You can barely drive a jeep up there. 14 ton US MRAP were struggling in Afghanistan mountains. Kashmir is on another level. Light tanks are sitting duck for ATGM from elevation and densely forested camouflage.
Indian share same terrain, my point if indian placed light weight on LoC if they dont then no concern, secondly these will be hosted on safe places not on open site for enemy to shot them.
We need them over all not as alternate of lighg thanks, we need then to counter enemy on all border

Indian share same terrain, my point if indian placed light weight on LoC if they dont then no concern, secondly these will be hosted on safe places not on open site for enemy to shot them.

PA experiment with type 59 or Al zarar (dont remember type) in some high attitude area ( dont remember) even make some kind record in as highest allovation for any tank in past

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom