What's new

Libyan armed forces pictures and videos

Secessionism is quite high in east Libya because that is the only way that Haftar can take ownership of the Libyan oil exports. If Libya does secede then nobody can benefit from the oil, as the East only has the infrastructire and the West is the one that provides the engineers, the bureaucracy, the labour and the economic infrastructure like banks, etc to actually function as an oil exporter. The individual provinces receive proportional amounts of money from the proceeds to their populations, and the East doesn't get as much as Western Libya by virtue of it being sparsely populated. The issue is that the funds can make things cheaper for places like Tripoli, Benghazi, Misrata and Sirte to use the money effectively due to lower upfront costs, but it isn't an issue of injustice, but more of an issue of there not being enough people in Eastern Libya.
Can't foreign engineers, bureaucracy, labour, and economic infrastructure be imported? UAE and Saudi Arabia would probably want for that to happen and assist with it.

And what if he captures Tripoli and the surrounding areas however unlikely that is?
If he does, then the individual citizens who left their universities and work to fight against him would still fight him. As Ahmed Maetiq said, Libya would see 20 years of civil war. Misrata is more powerful than even Tripoli, and it will be the next base for a rebellion against Haftar. There will be an insurgency that will be a headache for Libya's neighbours and also Europe because the people in Tripolitania simply can't accept him becasue a LOT of people know that they are on some of Haftar's lists and they would be executed if he came to power. So it might trigger another phase that will destroy Libya as we know it. Thankfully, he can't take control of it (he hasn't reached Tripoli proper and his forces are on the retreat) so I don't think it is on the table yet.

Can't foreign engineers, bureaucracy, labour, and economic infrastructure be imported? UAE and Saudi Arabia would probably want for that to happen and assist with it.
That would cost more than the sum of the revenues from oil itself. Currently production stands at 1.2 million BPD, and this is quite small. The Libyan GDP stands at $50B, and it really isn't much to import an entire population for.

D8A-OUMXkAU-y24.jpeg

Photo of an Emrati drone downed tonight. Can somebody here ID it for me please?

I was thinking that the flags may have been issued in pairs of opposing sides. Just like how a country's flag is flipped at the right shoulder, on most planes the flag is also flipped on the right of the tail. It might be that a labourer in the drone factory had not noticed the difference or something? The drone has been identified as a Yabhon HMD, which does not have any substantial vertical component. Since there are videos of it, then I doubt that there is any photoshop. But it could be the case that the flags were planted (although the drone still comes from the UAE) for propaganda purposes, but it doesn't explain why only one of the flags was flipped.

There is recent news that the Burkan forces have surrounded the airport and cut off all supply lines, and is beginning to close in on the main complex. If nothing goes wrong like foreign airstrikes, then I could see the airport being liberated before Eid. The airport is so contentiously fought for because it provides a convergence point for multiple axes from the South (like Gharyan and Tarhouna and others), while being of a strategic advantage owing the airstrip should the OpFor be far away so as to not threaten the aircraft.

I was thinking that the flags may have been issued in pairs of opposing sides. Just like how a country's flag is flipped at the right shoulder, on most planes the flag is also flipped on the right of the tail. It might be that a labourer in the drone factory had not noticed the difference or something? The drone has been identified as a Yabhon HMD, which does not have any substantial vertical component. Since there are videos of it, then I doubt that there is any photoshop. But it could be the case that the flags were planted (although the drone still comes from the UAE) for propaganda purposes, but it doesn't explain why only one of the flags was flipped.

There is recent news that the Burkan forces have surrounded the airport and cut off all supply lines, and is beginning to close in on the main complex. If nothing goes wrong like foreign airstrikes, then I could see the airport being liberated before Eid. The airport is so contentiously fought for because it provides a convergence point for multiple axes from the South (like Gharyan and Tarhouna and others), while being of a strategic advantage owing the airstrip should the OpFor be far away so as to not threaten the aircraft.
I don't think that GNA will get airport unless LNA wants them to. LNA plays a cat-and-mouse game, they take land than give it back to GNA and do an airstrike on it and eliminate fighters. I could see them allowing GNA to take airport and bombing the f*ck out of it thereby eliminating many fighters.

I don't think that GNA will get airport unless LNA wants them to. LNA plays a cat-and-mouse game, they take land than give it back to GNA and do an airstrike on it and eliminate fighters. I could see them allowing GNA to take airport and bombing the f*ck out of it thereby eliminating many fighters.
To be honest, I din't think the LNA has its air force at hand any more. The last strike that they had was about a week ago I think, and they stopped their intensive air strikes and their night strikes after a GNA air raid (and possible drone strike) on Jufra AFB, which is claimed to have hit an Emirati operations room. A few other unconfirmed photos showed two rows of long boxes draped in Emirati flags. Their drone strikes seem to have either stopped due to the deployment of air defence measures in Tripoli or due to their inability to take on the air. Some reports also cite Stingers being brought into the theatre by Turkey with US approval, so this might be a reason why. Another reason is that the GNA Air Force has bombed the air strips of Jufra AFB several times, and has also captured a lot of fuel truck convoys, some with 20,000 litres of Kerosene/Jet Fuel in the Southern frontiers of Sirte, presumably on their way to Jufra.

To be honest, I din't think the LNA has its air force at hand any more. The last strike that they had was about a week ago I think, and they stopped their intensive air strikes and their night strikes after a GNA air raid (and possible drone strike) on Jufra AFB, which is claimed to have hit an Emirati operations room. A few other unconfirmed photos showed two rows of long boxes draped in Emirati flags. Their drone strikes seem to have either stopped due to the deployment of air defence measures in Tripoli or due to their inability to take on the air. Some reports also cite Stingers being brought into the theatre by Turkey with US approval, so this might be a reason why. Another reason is that the GNA Air Force has bombed the air strips of Jufra AFB several times, and has also captured a lot of fuel truck convoys, some with 20,000 litres of Kerosene/Jet Fuel in the Southern frontiers of Sirte, presumably on their way to Jufra.
LNA Air force is useless now. since AA Equipements were given directly to front groups.
GNA is in bad position...
Now that each side is in a process to attack, they are both refilling their inventories, like we saw previously with both side exposing their newly received Equipements and also a way to boost moral from their respective troops.

Things gonna get heated after Ramadan...
Even Libyans started to believe that a big OP is coming... That's why many Libyans are coming to Tunisia with their Families and started renting houses/apartments... something we didn't see since few years.

PS: GNA has more manpower possibilities and Equipements... but since they had zero Air force and were divided they couldn't defend against Haftar united troops and air force....

Last edited:
LNA Air force is useless now. since AA Equipements were given directly to front groups.
GNA is in bad position...
Now that each side is in a process to attack, they are both refilling their inventories, like we saw previously with both side exposing their newly received Equipements and also a way to boost moral from their respective troops.

Things gonna get heated after Ramadan...
Even Libyans started to believe that a big OP is coming... That's why many Libyans are coming to Tunisia with their Families and started renting houses/apartments... something we didn't see since few years.

PS: GNA has more manpower possibilities and Equipements... but since they had zero Air force and were divided they couldn't defend against Haftar united troops and air force....
LNA still has Mig-21s, and Mig-23s. As long as they both fly above the flight ceiling of MANPADS (18000) feet they are safe.

LNA still has Mig-21s, and Mig-23s. As long as they both fly above the flight ceiling of MANPADS (18000) feet they are safe.
It's not even about being high or not... Haftar has to win the heart of people of Tripoli... If he uses the same tactics as ASSad and started bombing the City center where the clash is happening... Thousands and Thousands will die...
The fight in the desert is over now... it's the fight for Tripoli. Where millions are living in...

I am for neither side, both got their flaws, both are used as puppets... They couldn't reconcile for something futile because they wanted more and more power...
Hafter is not a gift for Libya... and the GNA are too weak... even though their process is light ahead better than any Haftar...

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom