What's new

Li Keqiang hails Pakistan as China's 'iron brother'

Ok - here you go :

What Mr Tirmizi is saying is that we ought to have a positive balance -- sure we all wish we can achieve that, but lets increase the volume which allows us the leverage and the space to seek greater balance

Increasingly we are at a disadvantage because all we have to offer to the world markets are raw materials and agricultural produce, both of which are subject to international competition. Our exports need to be value-added if we are to compete in this century.

So India get $100 billion dollars trade we get the title of iron brothers:yay:

That $100 billion dollar trade is highly in China's favor, China exports a lot of goods to India so much of that $100 billion is China's earnings. Indian exports are outmatched and its actually a smart way for China to economicaly influence and manipulate India.

Pakistan gets hard assets from China are you that short minded you forget? Technology transfer, ships, aviation technology--jets, radars, materials, etc, received engineering support, Gwadar project co-op, tanks, infantry hardware, Azmat class, Fuqing class, and F22P, and a history of many joint projects in science, education, travel, and political support.

And this from the Global Times editorial:

China's input in Pakistan must not be short-term or exploitative. We must not underestimate Pakistan which is temporarily at an ebb. Efforts we put into Pakistan today will be strategically rewarded in future

The Chinese are aware of this criticism and point of view -- and seek to over come it - but the responsibility to do this is on our shoulders

From the Pakistani perspective, a multi-polar region is better ......

Being Bipolar is a bad disease of human mind.
And multipolar is simply a bipolar person on some strong LSD.

Anyone who believes in bipolar (or a bipolar on LSD), needs to go get their head examined.

Sorry to be harsh.

But it is not you. Most of the leftists and commies raise the slogan of bipolar or multipolar. They are just sick.

Because the word has never been bipolar or multipolar for too long long (longer than few decades at most).

The longest periods in the world have always "unipolar".

Please study history with an unbiased eye, and you will agree with me.

Thank you

Increasingly we are at a disadvantage because all we have to offer to the world markets are raw materials and agricultural produce, both of which are subject to international competition. Our exports need to be value-added if we are to compete in this century.

Or becoming a major supplier of Wheat to China? They can buy from multiple sources but lets at least compete instead od wringing our hands

Or becoming a major supplier of Wheat to China? They can buy from multiple sources but lets at least compete instead od wringing our hands

Chalo Ji. You have taken the biggest leap of faith my dear Sir. the longest leap.

Our wheat production goes through major cycles. There are years when we have to import wheat from USA.

So wheat is the last thing we can use as a reliable source of income over a long period of time.

peace

That $100 billion dollar trade is highly in China's favor, China exports a lot of goods to India so much of that $100 billion is China's earnings. Indian exports are outmatched and its actually a smart way for China to economicaly influence and manipulate India.

So If a country has a Trade Surplus...it can MANIPULATE & INFLUENCE other country....Ok

Now, India-Pak trade is highly in India's favor..would this argument be applied here as well.....

Oh & yes, India-US trade is also in favor of India...would you say the same there as well??

What mr. Tirmizi, not I has suggested can be thought of as colonial, is the "Extractive" nature the trade - now I would refer you to the statements of the Chinese Premier and the Global Times editorial, in which the Chinese side has said that commercial relations between Pakistan and China should not come to be seen as extractive - why then should you play more catholic than the pope? In any case I will try and find the comment and perhaps you may see the issue in a different light

Duh!

I am not denying that the trade basket is "colonial" in nature, in the sense that China imports raw materials and exports value-added products.

My point was that the author's comparison with India is laughable, given that the India-China trade follows the same pattern.

I already explained the dynamics of the Chinese market and why it is hard for developing countries to crack it. The Indians have been whining to high heaven because China doesn't buy their so-called genius IT products. The reality is that Indian IT sells on the cheap, and China is not the place to try selling anything on the cheap. The local guys will outbid you every time.

Chalo Ji. You have taken the biggest leap of faith my dear Sir. the longest leap.
Our wheat production goes through major cycles. There are years when we have to import wheat from USA.
So wheat is the last thing we can use as a reliable source of income over a long period of time. peace

Why such defeatism, why give up before you even try to fight -- Your post gives the impression that wheat production is an act of God, as if we have no responsibility to ensure the necessary inputs and quality that is not just in compliance with USDA and EU regs but exceeds them -- Poor Pakistanis are so used to failing that they now cannot imagine doling for themselves, even though the Chinese premier has said " We must help ourselves"??

So If a country has a Trade Surplus...it can MANIPULATE & INFLUENCE other country....Ok

Now, India-Pak trade is highly in India's favor..would this argument be applied here as well.....

Oh & yes, India-US trade is also in favor of India...would you say the same there as well??

you my dear are comparing potatoes with tomatoes.

peace

Why such defeatism, why give up before you even try to fight -- Your post gives the impression that wheat production is an act of God, as if we have no responsibility to ensure the necessary inputs and quality that is not just in compliance with USDA and EU regs but exceeds them -- Poor Pakistanis are so used to failing that they now cannot imagine doling for themselves, even though the Chinese premier has said " We must help ourselves"??

Have you Sir, ever lived or worked on a Pakistani wheat farm?

Just curious.

Can we produce enough wheat year after year to export reliably? I don't think so, given our outdated methods of agriculture and rising local needs.

Duh!

I am not denying that the trade basket is "colonial" in nature, in the sense that China imports raw materials and exports value-added products.

My point was that the author's comparison with India is laughable, given that the India-China trade follows the same pattern.

I already explained the dynamics of the Chinese market and why it is hard for developing countries to crack it. The Indians have been whining to high heaven because China doesn't buy their so-called genius IT products. The reality is that Indian IT sells on the cheap, and China is not the place to try selling anything on the cheap. The local guys will outbid you every time.

Termizi's point is the VOLUME of the trade -- US has a negative balance with China, is the US a colony of China?

Can we produce enough wheat year after year to export reliably? I don't think so, given our outdated methods of agriculture and rising local needs.

Even more negative ideas -- Yes, we have to INVEST and we can get help in doing so - Can it be done? if there is a will to do so, yes -- this applies to anything, everything -- Pakistanis do business around the world, any corner of the world, some Pakistani is not just doing business but doing so successfully - So why not in Pakistan itself?? See conversation about how a change ion the economic it is necessary to create a change in the nature of Pakistani politics -- Didn't the same thing happen in China?? What to enable Dung's policies to be implemented and what happened to China's economy after that?

Termizi's point is the VOLUME of the trade -- US has a negative balance with China, is the US a colony of China?

Wrong. His use of the term colonial was not about volume but content.

The European colonialists used to take raw materials from their colonies and sell back finished products.

I suggest you read the actual article -- the actual words and their context -- before defending it.

USA has negative balance with China in doing trade

China has negative balance in owning securities.

There is a balance of some sorts.

Can you say the same thing about China-India, or China-Pakistan, or any other China-thirdWorlder trade?

Nopsee.

Back
Top Bottom