What's new

Let's build PDF into a proper think tank.

@MastanKhan sir you once proposed to shape the world's opinion in Paks favor by using pdf as a medium

@Signalian @Kaptaan

Hi,

Thanks for the tag---.

Everything has an EXPIRE BY date----the authenticity and importance of PDF has expired---.

The is just another website---that maybe visited by a multitude---but its significance to project itself for Pakistan---has been lost---.

Where it could have projected Pakistan and Pakistanis right from the front from a position of power---now it would be being dragged from behind---. What a shame---.

Ordinary people can never make extra-ordinary decisions---.

Last edited:
PakDef would have a far better chance of doing that.

I have interest in IR especially related to Pakistan. I want to participate in 'SCO Updates / Pakistan Foreign Relations Project.'

In the current environment, I think the bias reporting by news outlets is severely damaging Pakistan's image.
Newspapers such as Dawn and New York Times do not hold anything back when they negatively report about Pakistan especially about the military. I think trying to set the correct stance and sharing the POV of Pakistan is necessary to curb the manipulation done by the media houses.
I would make a suggestion that we make two groups and assign one of them to counter anti- Pak narrative in national news and one of them to refute anti Pak narrative in international news.

It is not to say that we do not have faults and we shall always welcome critical criticism. However, we must be beware of the medium of media used to fight wars.

Fight fire with fire,
Counter propaganda is very important
I concur with your suggestion

No opinion pieces. I want to collect open source intelligence and later use that database to build PDF papers.

For instance if you're working on our Syria Desk, you'll look for daily updates on the ongoing conflict and your job will be to post excerpts of actionable information on the board with a source.

Slowly the information grid will build up and users will see a clear picture of the conflict or a subject matter.

This is a typical example of a "Project" .

Fair enough. If you need a person for Scandinavian language content (say latest info on Gripen) you can count me in.

Can someone please let me know how can I contribute in this cause.. while living abroad I really see a great influence of Indian content and point of view on every forum.. I write!!..

Hi .. that’s a really great initiative .. I frequently write blogs/ articles in papers from local to Geo politics .. right now I’m working on a project related to current info Pak situation vis-a-vis history of delipmatic standoff is concerned .. and why Manzur Mehsud is required to be taken seriously ..
any task given to me .. will be honour for me to carry out ..
so count me in please

All pieces are present. We've worked hard and made our place in the national debates. Its time to shift gears. I call upon the brain trust of PDF to come forward and help build this community into a think tank. Here are areas i have in mind.

* Geopolitics Desk
* Counterterrorism Desk
* Economics Desk
* Defense & Military Desk
* Political Intelligence

Now, i know this isn't a new idea. We've tried and failed before. But we've also learned. Im giving my resolute commitment to all who come forward to man these desks. From now on our work shall be properly published as it should have a long time ago.

There will be 1X incharge of each desk with analysts attached to help with R&D. Every desk will run projects.

We got sections carved up, so no structural change required.

PROJECTS:

Syria Conflict
Yemen Conflict
Afghanistan Conflict
SCO Updates / Pakistan Foreign Relations
Nuclear Suppliers Group Project
Arms Imports/Exports to/from Pakistan
Pakistan Economy / Food / Water Security
Counterterrorism inc Ethnofascist terror
Brexit, EU Research Project
CPEC/BRI Project
Kashmir Project

Ideas?

@WebMaster

Great idea; shall be done! But i am afraid it will take pdf ages from it's current form to be a think tank. I am having the idea of creating an opinion website. To have a say on international (english) media. In online format Pakistan lacks credible websites for international users. We have some english newspapers but we all know those so called intellectuals and their intellect level. Also, for the think tank we shall definitely work on something but in my opinion dissociate it from PDF, new brand name, from scratch. Produce some policy papers but first on national level and see how it goes and if it takes off and create some ripples then broaden the sphere.

There is a lot of ambiguity in pdf about the roles played by ordinary members.
I know there are members from way before who still make valid contributions. The older members here talk about how the forum and the community were better before, but it seems the forum is attracting a different crowd now. It seems to me pdf is slowly becoming another medium for people to swing insults across the border without paying for the telephone bills and that's it.
I suppose pdf itself will have to decide what sort of platform it wants to be.

Hi,

Thanks for the tag---.

Everything has an EXPIRE BY date----the authenticity and importance of PDF as expired---.

The is just another website---that maybe visited by a multitude---but its significance to project itself for Pakistan---has been lost---.

Where it could have projected Pakistan and Pakistanis right from the front from a position of power---now it would be being dragged from behind---. What a shame---.

Ordinary people can never make extra-ordinary decisions---.
But still...better late than never. I mean what else is there analogous to what @Horus is proposing. IMO it's worth a try.

But still...better late than never. I mean what else is there analogous to what @Horus is proposing. IMO it's worth a try.

Hi,

The comments like " it is never too late --- " are outdated---. It is a sob story for those who refused the progress and a sad story for those who did not stand up in time---.

A successful and progressive people and nation don't say " it is never too late "---because they are already in sync and takling the problem up front---.

It is like a PAF oficer saying it is never too late---.

It really is never too late till the moment you find out it is too late---.

I agree with you---but first you need to terminate all those senior TT members and Mods who were against this idea---.

These people need to be shamed and kicked out---.

I would like to ask those TT members who were for this idea in their private board meetings to name those TT members who were against this idea---and name those mods who were against it as well---.

@Horus

The issue with PDF is that you guys have allowed foul language and below the belt rants of several forum members unpunished...

This has degraded the quality of posts and discussion on this forum... this forum was way better till 2011...

I can recall one of the debate based on technological knowledge between @gambit and @MastanKhan during that period on some fighter jet... I was reading each and every post of that topic without poking my nose into it as I was really thrilled with the pool of info... any troll attempt by any poster was nipped in the bud...

But those were the days... now I find gangadeshi, Bangladeshis, short black bengali, cow piss, pork, attack of religions and things like this... that's too going unpunished... admins and staff is also do things like this...

@Horus if you want a defence website of international standard... you need to take action against such People... now this forum is full of trolls... and sometimes even I also get carried away...

I can give some great inputs when it comes to economy on this forum... but for that an healthy environment is required...

@MastanKhan sir you once proposed to shape the world's opinion in Paks favor by using pdf as a medium

@Signalian @Kaptaan
I also proposed once in a thread what can members here on PDF do for Pakistan, but it was generic.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/what-can-pdf-members-do-for-pakistan.480791/

I was more interested in doing for Pakistan through PDF and not for PDF itself, however down the lane PDF would have been highlighted in shining words too, as this would have been the main medium to launch the effort.

As for the topic at hand,
Yar my R&D is in technical area, my own profession of cellular communications, as that takes the chunk of my time nowadays, mainly 4G technology. My participation in defence/military related topics is due to my training in uniform, my affiliation with security industry of Pakistan and my ambition to portray Pakistan Armed Forces positively on this forum.
I could contribute to this area , Arms Imports/Exports to/from Pakistan , by giving technical analysis, deployment and usage of the procured weapons, radar and electronic systems. Lets see how this turns out now.

You are the creme.

Why not get the creme of Pakistan to write on PDF?

Sending you DM.

if logo or art ,graphic related you need i can help

I've studied it in detail and cut the fat.
I already have a structure in mind which believe will be pragmatic while keeping pdf limitations in mind.

Follow up thread will address that.

Hi,

The comments like " it is never too late --- " are outdated---. It is a sob story for those who refused the progress and a sad story for those who did not stand up in time---.

A successful and progressive people and nation don't say " it is never too late "---because they are already in sync and takling the problem up front---.

It is like a PAF oficer saying it is never too late---.

It really is never too late till the moment you find out it is too late---.

I agree with you---but first you need to terminate all those senior TT members and Mods who were against this idea---.

These people need to be shamed and kicked out---.

I would like to ask those TT members who were for this idea in their private board meetings to name those TT members who were against this idea---and name those mods who were against it as well---.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom