What's new

Let's build PDF into a proper think tank.

Having worked in a few think tank (My last is from Lowy Institute) You probably need a shoot over the star effort to make this into an actual think tank.

To start, even if you put a separate page or line, but as long as any of you have any association with PDF, people are going to come in here and look at the forum and see all kind of crazy shit going on here and basically nullify your authority.

Then you will also need people who are qualified to talk about such thing (Like intelligence and national security etc), you cannot just put anyone in talking about these subject where they don't actually know anything to research such topics.

To start a think tank, you need to have academic, scientific and open minded people in it, I don't know if this forum is a right place to find the combination of these qualities.

We are now working for assigning analysts to various desks/projects.

All pieces are present. We've worked hard and made our place in the national debates. Its time to shift gears. I call upon the brain trust of PDF to come forward and help build this community into a think tank. Here are areas i have in mind.

* Geopolitics Desk
* Counterterrorism Desk
* Economics Desk
* Defense & Military Desk
* Political Intelligence

Now, i know this isn't a new idea. We've tried and failed before. But we've also learned. Im giving my resolute commitment to all who come forward to man these desks. From now on our work shall be properly published as it should have a long time ago.

There will be 1X incharge of each desk with analysts attached to help with R&D. Every desk will run projects.

We got sections carved up, so no structural change required.

PROJECTS:

Syria Conflict
Yemen Conflict
Afghanistan Conflict
SCO Updates / Pakistan Foreign Relations
Nuclear Suppliers Group Project
Arms Imports/Exports to/from Pakistan
Pakistan Economy / Food / Water Security
Counterterrorism inc Ethnofascist terror
Brexit, EU Research Project
CPEC/BRI Project
Kashmir Project

Ideas?

@WebMaster

This is actually a fantastic idea.

@MastanKhan sir you once proposed to shape the world's opinion in Paks favor by using pdf as a medium

@Signalian @Kaptaan

Hi,

It is all about the timing---. At that time pakistan was in the limelight---good or bad---that was the time to project pakistan---but incidently---due to incompetence---cowardice---arrogance---ignorance---that opportune moment was failed by those very men who wave the green flag---.

These boys are all cheap talk---. The purpose of the talk is not to inform the other side---the purpose of the talk is to know the white man sitting across and then counter it---understand the strategy and tactics as well---not to offend but to slip the knife in when possible---.

During Clinton's second term---Palestine was right at the top---till Arafat walked out of camp David---he thought big of himself---and that was the death of Palestine---. America got tired of Palestines shenanigans---and in a couple three years---palestine was out of the US good books---.

Same thing with Pakistan---who wants to hear about pakistan---no one. It kept quite after 2011 abbotabad incidence---.

It did nothing when asked at the begining of Yemen crisis---. Pakistan chose to be a NOBODY---when you are poor and chose to be neutral---then you become a nobody.

An active---right from the front part in the Yemen crisis would have put pakistan in the world's most important countries---pakistanis chose not to.

Now it is like----mootar wichoon macchiaan pharnian ney ( like catching fish in a cesspool )---( sorry about the crude comment )---.

Last edited:
Hi,

It is all about the timing---. At that time pakistan was in the limelight---good or bad---that was the time to project pakistan---but incidently---due to incompetence---cowardice---arrogance---ignorance---that opportune moment was failed by those very men who wave the green flag---.

These boys are all cheap talk---. The purpose of the talk is not to inform the other side---the purpose of the talk is to know the white man sitting across and then counter it---understand the strategy and tactics as well---not to offend but to slip the knife in when possible---.

During Clinton's second term---Palestine was right at the top---till Arafat walked out of camp David---he thought big of himself---and that was the death of Palestine---. America got tired of Palestines shenanigans---and in a couple three years---palestine was out of the US good books---.

Same thing with Pakistan---who wants to hear about pakistan---no one. It kept quite after 2011 abbotabad incidence---.

It did nothing when asked at the begining of Yemen crisis---. Pakistan chose to be a NOBODY---when you are poor and chose to be neutral---then you become a nobody.

An active---right from the front part in the Yemen crisis would have put pakistan in the world's most important countries---pakistanis chose not to.

Now it is like----mootar wichoon macchiaan pharnian ney ( like catching fish in a cesspool )---( sorry about the crude comment )---.

Its more of a subcontinent thing - choosing to be a nothing and yet fantasizing that we are something.

The Forum should be separate from the Think Tank.
The Think Tank should have professionals not some armchair generals

The forum should learn from Bellingcat (created by the Blog Brown Moses) to create a community driven analysis site on global defense issues seperate from but connected to the think tank

Just my thoughts on some additions

Last edited:
This forum is laid out in an inadequate way. It is too focused on military affairs. Most people using this forum are no longer “strategic analysts”. That may have been the case in the beginning, but now most users are just ordinary Pakistanis who want to discuss social and political and even religious issues. It hardly makes sense that there is an entire section for Navy, entire section for Air Force, entire section for various other countries militaries but not even a single religion or Islam section. Forum has to change in order to reflect its users.

It hardly makes sense that there is an entire section for Navy, entire section for Air Force, entire section for various other countries militaries but not even a single religion or Islam section. Forum has to change in order to reflect its users.

Hi,

You indeed take the meaning of "being an imbecile " to new lows---.

This is a pakistan defense forum---so---yes---the discussion would be about weapons and wars---and no---this is not a religious or islamic forum---.

The users need t have brains and intellect to adjust to the forum---. When you walk into someone's house---you adjust to their setup or you get to leave---.

Hi. I lose my ability to do reply due to my sensitive reply on a random hate speech. May i know how do i regain the ability to reply since i got reply blocked without warning. I was constantly posting constructive/knowledgeable replies except for the last post which i got really offended and say something that i should'nt say.

My suggestion is- I think Need some extra board. IS it possible to add - 3 or 4 items in one forum ?

If you have a desk for intelligence related matters (domestic, foreign, open source), I'm interested and willing to put in the work. It's a serious offer so I hope you consider it.

All pieces are present. We've worked hard and made our place in the national debates. Its time to shift gears. I call upon the brain trust of PDF to come forward and help build this community into a think tank. Here are areas i have in mind.

* Geopolitics Desk
* Counterterrorism Desk
* Economics Desk
* Defense & Military Desk
* Political Intelligence

Now, i know this isn't a new idea. We've tried and failed before. But we've also learned. Im giving my resolute commitment to all who come forward to man these desks. From now on our work shall be properly published as it should have a long time ago.

There will be 1X incharge of each desk with analysts attached to help with R&D. Every desk will run projects.

We got sections carved up, so no structural change required.

PROJECTS:

Syria Conflict
Yemen Conflict
Afghanistan Conflict
SCO Updates / Pakistan Foreign Relations
Nuclear Suppliers Group Project
Arms Imports/Exports to/from Pakistan
Pakistan Economy / Food / Water Security
Counterterrorism inc Ethnofascist terror
Brexit, EU Research Project
CPEC/BRI Project
Kashmir Project

Ideas?

@WebMaster
What about your Kashmir Project. Gone with the wind ?

@Shane @PakSword @Signalian & tag others. Choose the topic and you can bring quality read.

Regards,
I suggest to make an editorial team. There should featured research / opinion articles to be submitted to the editorial team. Editorial team after review and changes should post them in a separate area of featured research section.

It should be based on monthly publication on a fixed date so that members expect to get something interesting.

In every field create some pannel of writers that are willing spare time to draft the articles with indepth research.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom