What's new

Lethal Pakistan Airforce`s Game Changers

PAF is a great force with lots of potential and em pretty Sure PAF can defend their Homeland But the way Indians are Adding their numbers in their arsenal it will be very difficult For Our boys even we get the job done but the price will be huge its not 70s 80s where we can overcome numbers superiority by better weapons NOw they are trying to get best stuff available in the market we have to work something out And Many Of friends who think that if war breaks out India cant move their all forces to Pak side They dont have to AND even If they move we cant just say china will just attack India with all their might Its Our Country You have to Do it by your self We have to be self depended Yeah But the game changer will be nukes :D But if we dont have the money some how we have to get the money to get the awesome goodies and about stealth fighter we can forget about it for 2 or 3 decades Bcz we dont need it for many reasons stealth is for offense not defence For Offence WE got somebad 4$$ nukes on our side

Frankly speaking,Collaboration with israel have boosted our armed forces.For every military know how,india go to israel.
and i have no doubt,they will supply whatever india will demand from them at war time or any time.
As per their ambassador,indo-israel ties are much closer than indo russian one.

Thats all fine and dandy... but when you have systems integration going on within such a wide scope and scale.. There are going to be inevitable delays. India may have whatever relations and whatever equipment..
But the more new things you buy , from more people.. the greater pressure there is to make them integrate seamlessly.

Perhaps India should hire a consulting firm like Accenture.. since they do assist other armed forces like the British come up with solutions to integration problems. It is not uncommon for armed forces to do it now.. Wish the PAF would actually contract out its integration issue to one. Security clearance is actually handled well by consulting firms.

Which brings in a lot of benefits... but a lot of problems as well.
the IAF will be going through a massive integration and transition crunch in the 2015-2020 period.
Lots of new tech, systems etc.. and with it the inevitable headache of getting them all to work; standalone and together.

@Oscar are you saying Pakistan should attack during this period then?

lol, seriously though, what is 5 years in the long-term? The benefits are worth a few headaches for a 4-5 years, don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Oscar are you saying Pakistan should attack during this period then?

lol, seriously though, what is 5 years in the long-term? The benefits are worth a few headaches for a 4-5 years, don't you think?

I am not suggesting anything... provocation is unnecessary..
What I am suggesting is that the period(5 years.. at a minimum) brings in a lot of overheads and issues that will retain.
Hence it may have been better for India to not diversify its supplier base to such an extent.. and rather try and consolidate on types.

Those terahertz radars on SU30MKI's, Rafael's, SAR Sats and gazillion other assets at the disposal of IAF are no joke, the smallest of them can spot and track a fly sitting on the arse of a donkey 300 km away.

For godsake leave my Donkey alone ! :angry:

The last time after you returned the mule the fondling it went through at your hands has broken it somehow; it doesn't eat, it doesn't sleep & it wails every night longing for you - Its heart breaking to see it all ! :cray:

By the way we've got our arses covered ! What are the 300 kms going to do when Pakistan's width on average is only 300 kms ? Even if one of our birds can look a 100-150 kms into Indian Airspace were it to fly from Lahore or some of our Forward Operating Bases, that pretty much does it for us. And then you've got the AWACs to provide a better & a greater line of sight ! You've got a decent network of Ground Radars as well to do that for you.

Are the Indians progressing ? Indeed they are but it isn't the 'doom & gloom' you paint it out to be. If the Jf-17s are of a Block 40 level or nearly there as most informed posters on this forum have repeatedly asserted, with the potential of further improvements, then you've got a pretty decent bird for CAP missions without fretting over the spares running out or sanctions crippling us. If you've got the Block 52s & others MLUed to nearly that level for a specialized role then, in the present, we're doing alright. In the future if the J-31 program materializes into something commendable & we can think of looking into subsequent value-added additions to the Jf-17s - We should be in possession of a credible deterrent ! Hooor kiii chaidaaa ehhhh ?

Teii utttunnn what was the point of investing so much in stand-off weapons if we didn't think of taking the fight to the enemy ? :what:

If anywhere its the Naval Front that should give us the creeps for the disparity there is appalling !

I am not suggesting anything... provocation is unnecessary..
What I am suggesting is that the period(5 years.. at a minimum) brings in a lot of overheads and issues that will retain.
Hence it may have been better for India to not diversify its supplier base to such an extent.. and rather try and consolidate on types.

You are right but I'm sure the IAF knows what they are doing!

Which brings in a lot of benefits... but a lot of problems as well.
the IAF will be going through a massive integration and transition crunch in the 2015-2020 period.
Lots of new tech, systems etc.. and with it the inevitable headache of getting them all to work; standalone and together.

Those new techs aren't inducted all of a sudden. In India a system,be it the LCA or a SAM or a Radar,gets FOCand becomes a regular part of IAF,only after a whole lot of personnel are trained and all support systems are in place.
Therefore,we won't be having that kinda crunchs.

You are right but I'm sure the IAF knows what they are doing!

and you think PAf does'nt know it is doing come on dude PAF is modernizing quicker than IAF remmber after sanctions and know.
first of all PAF is a defensive force so we will always enjoy home ground advantage where we have SAMs and we dont have to Attack directly with our Air Crafts we have Medium missiles for that (mirrage's are equipped with Ra'ad ) and also look At Paf inventory you can understand that it is not that horrifying at all Migs Jaguar LCA etc can be handled by JFTs things will be diffrenet when IAF will induct PAK-Fa..

So until then we are good to keep our skies Safe

Those new techs aren't inducted all of a sudden. In India a system,be it the LCA or a SAM or a Radar,gets FOCand becomes a regular part of IAF,only after a whole lot of personnel are trained and all support systems are in place.
Therefore,we won't be having that kinda crunchs.

LCA is taking to long bro what good it can do when its too late that it will have a short life that prog was started in i think 80's? and still not a single sqd. so when you will induct it you cant enjoy it for a long time. no offense LCA is a Good Bird but it is taking far too long dont you think ?

Mate, forgive me if I don't subscribe to your analysis. Yes, we are ferocious fighters, yes we will fight to the last man, yes we are trained very well, yes we have some decent equipment at our disposal, however, so does the enemy!

Furthermore, in regards to "PAF has become a very secretive organization", don't tell me that you buy into such childish lines, or do you? PAF is like any other branch of Military and is an organization that requires budget for procurement of equipment. This is where your theory fails, as:

1. We don't have sufficient funds to buy top-of-the-line equipment (any longer)
2. No one is WILLING to sell those equipment (at-the-moment MINUS China)

Yes, we are doing pretty great with what we have, however, the way IAF is modernizing, realist planners in PAF must be having nightmares for the near future, unless things improve on the Economic front.

Those terahertz radars on SU30MKI's, Rafael's, SAR Sats and gazillion other assets at the disposal of IAF are no joke, the smallest of them can spot and track a fly sitting on the arse of a donkey 300 km away.

India has progressed a lot (whether by themselves, or by outright purchases). I am a realist, and this is a defense forum, first and foremost responsibility of ours is to wake up to this challenge and not kid ourselves.

This is not the 60's / 70's / 80's. Welcome to modern warfare. Whether you like it or not, we have crash landed in this sh*t-storm.

@muse @Aeronaut @Oscar I'd appreciate your input.

So IAF is Concerned of Flies on the Back Of a donkey more than PAF:woot::hitwall::yahoo:

Albeit, our very dear @Oscar has also become somewhat secretive these days, but i surely hope he replies to your query . !!
As for the highlighted part, a fact people often ignore is that unlike say US and Russia or China, India/Pakistan share a common border, take it from a Horse's mouth, those long distance radar capabilities will be of little value, if anything, it's going to cause a lot of confusion on incoming or outgoing flights/sorties..... in short it's going to cause a mayhem.....a bloody mess as i was told.

Haha... this post was the one..... :woot: :woot: :woot:

I can understand the pride and sentiment over PAF and it's induction, JFT and F16 and all the missiles , but the truth remains that PAF is in dire need of atleast 5 squadrons of top of the line multi-role fighters (EFT,Rafale,Gripen/F18SH/F16BLK60), to keep up with MKI's, Upgraded Mig29's and Mirage-2000's in the next 5-years to keep up with the IAF.

Apart from that PAF will constantly need to look to upgrade it's current stock to keep pace with India's upgrade programs of Darin II for Jag Sepecat, and DareIII for Mig 27's (these two platforms make up almost 250 fighters) providing IAF with additional qualities.

Another dimension is the different A2A missiles India is fielding in near future. (RVV-MD-SD, Derby IV,Python 2, Mica, Astra 1p,2, Meteor) and other range of weapons systems like LRSAM(Barak), MRSAM (Maitri), Akash, Nexgen VSHORAD.

If not right now, but very soon pakistan will have to boost it's India specific ABM system too.

Do enlighten us on the advantages of the so called Rapptor of the East. :cheesy:

too lazy to post same things over and over.... I'll sit this one out. dont really care the state of threat assessment in pak, if you please you may consider it a craptor for all I care.

My view is PAF is in dire need of better platform to maintain it's traditional strong position vis-a-vis IAF

too lazy to post same things over and over.... I'll sit this one out. dont really care the state of threat assessment in pak, if you please you may consider it a craptor for all I care.

My few is PAF is in dire need of better platform to maintain it's tradition strong position vis-a-vis IAF

Dude, what i mentioned in my post wasn't exactly my own assertion , it was something pointed out by some one with actual air combat experience in the first Gulf war.

Young Padawan, it isn't so. I am not being cryptic. The force is strong(er) with me. :D

For godsake leave my Donkey alone ! :angry:

The last time after you returned the mule the fondling it went through at your hands has broken it somehow; it doesn't eat, it doesn't sleep & it wails every night longing for you - Its heart breaking to see it all ! :cray:

By the way we've got our arses covered ! What are the 300 kms going to do when Pakistan's width on average is only 300 kms ? Even if one of our birds can look a 100-150 kms into Indian Airspace were it to fly from Lahore or some of our Forward Operating Bases, that pretty much does it for us. And then you've got the AWACs to provide a better & a greater line of sight ! You've got a decent network of Ground Radars as well to do that for you.

Are the Indians progressing ? Indeed they are but it isn't the 'doom & gloom' you paint it out to be. If the Jf-17s are of a Block 40 level or nearly there as most informed posters on this forum have repeatedly asserted, with the potential of further improvements, then you've got a pretty decent bird for CAP missions without fretting over the spares running out or sanctions crippling us. If you've got the Block 52s & others MLUed to nearly that level for a specialized role then, in the present, we're doing alright. In the future if the J-31 program materializes into something commendable & we can think of looking into subsequent value-added additions to the Jf-17s - We should be in possession of a credible deterrent ! Hooor kiii chaidaaa ehhhh ?

Teii utttunnn what was the point of investing so much in stand-off weapons if we didn't think of taking the fight to the enemy ? :what:

If anywhere its the Naval Front that should give us the creeps for the disparity there is appalling !

Back
Top Bottom