What's new

Lethal Pakistan Airforce`s Game Changers

I'm aware of each and every thing you just said. I was just comparing on one to one basis. Btw, with the induction of their new SAM's ------- ADS + AAD ( Python-5 + Derby + Ashwin) / ABM + PAD/PDV (Arrow + Prithvi) guided by Elta (GreenPine) & Swordfish........ What do you think will happen to Abdali, Gauri-1, Shaheen-1, Gauri-II, Shaheen IA, Shaheen II, Babur, Ra'ad?

Hmmmm...... I haven't even mentioned what they are doing with linking their Fighter platforms into the above detection network. It doesn't bode very well for our half-baked offensive doctrines. Or, does it? :blink:

India is building its airforce as a "strategic force" that can be deployed away from the homeland. Fighters like Su-30MKIs are there for long range, high-intensity missions.

Pakistan, on the other hand, see its airforce as a "tactical level" power. PAF's job would be to defend Pakistani skies and provide CAS to Pakistan military over battle-ground...

PAF's offensive role would be limited. PAF will not be going for deep strike-missions hundreds of km inside india..

Our "strategic" force lies mainly in our missile program....

Abdali, Gauri-1, Shaheen-1, Gauri-II, Shaheen IA, Shaheen II, Babur, Ra'ad, Nasr etc provide Pakistan military with the means to hit enemy far away from the mainland Pakistan....

@Hyperion

Last edited by a moderator:
India is building its airforce as a "strategic force" that can be deployed away from the homeland. Fighters like Su-30MKIs are there for long range, high-intensity missions.

Pakistan, on the other hand, see its airforce as a "tactical level" power. PAF's job would be to defend Pakistani skies and provide CAS to Pakistan military over battle-ground...

PAF's offensive role would be limited. PAF will not be going for deep strike-missions hundreds of km inside india..

Our "strategic" force lies mainly in our missile program....

Abdali, Gauri-1, Shaheen-1, Gauri-II, Shaheen IA, Shaheen II, Babur, Ra'ad, Nasr etc provide Pakistan military with the means to hit enemy far away from the mainland Pakistan....

@Hyperion

Well said bro!
How do you see the lack/late beginning of in house manufacturing facilities in pakistan?

)

Yes, we are doing pretty great with what we have, however, the way IAF is modernizing, realist planners in PAF must be having nightmares for the near future, unless things improve on the Economic front.

Those terahertz radars on SU30MKI's, Rafael's, SAR Sats and gazillion other assets at the disposal of IAF are no joke, the smallest of them can spot and track a fly sitting on the arse of a donkey 300 km away.

India has progressed a lot (whether by themselves, or by outright purchases). I am a realist, and this is a defense forum, first and foremost responsibility of ours is to wake up to this challenge and not kid ourselves.

This is not the 60's / 70's / 80's. Welcome to modern warfare. Whether you like it or not, we have crash landed in this sh*t-storm.
India have two enemy , we have one, Don't compare their numbers with us . Even in war, they need to keep few squanders near the border of china, yeah huge border of India with china 3,380 km

Mate, forgive me if I don't subscribe to your analysis. Yes, we are ferocious fighters, yes we will fight to the last man, yes we are trained very well, yes we have some decent equipment at our disposal, however, so does the enemy!

Furthermore, in regards to "PAF has become a very secretive organization", don't tell me that you buy into such childish lines, or do you? PAF is like any other branch of Military and is an organization that requires budget for procurement of equipment. This is where your theory fails, as:

1. We don't have sufficient funds to buy top-of-the-line equipment (any longer)
2. No one is WILLING to sell those equipment (at-the-moment MINUS China)

Yes, we are doing pretty great with what we have, however, the way IAF is modernizing, realist planners in PAF must be having nightmares for the near future, unless things improve on the Economic front.

Those terahertz radars on SU30MKI's, Rafael's, SAR Sats and gazillion other assets at the disposal of IAF are no joke, the smallest of them can spot and track a fly sitting on the arse of a donkey 300 km away.

India has progressed a lot (whether by themselves, or by outright purchases). I am a realist, and this is a defense forum, first and foremost responsibility of ours is to wake up to this challenge and not kid ourselves.

This is not the 60's / 70's / 80's. Welcome to modern warfare. Whether you like it or not, we have crash landed in this sh*t-storm.

@muse @Aeronaut @Oscar I'd appreciate your input.

of course,this is true.but we have two concentrate on china too,thus in a war scenario with pak,we wont be able to divert all our forces to your side.

and i appreciate your honest and unbiased opinion on this.

king of naswarabad :P

Mate, forgive me if I don't subscribe to your analysis. Yes, we are ferocious fighters, yes we will fight to the last man, yes we are trained very well, yes we have some decent equipment at our disposal, however, so does the enemy!

Furthermore, in regards to "PAF has become a very secretive organization", don't tell me that you buy into such childish lines, or do you? PAF is like any other branch of Military and is an organization that requires budget for procurement of equipment. This is where your theory fails, as:

1. We don't have sufficient funds to buy top-of-the-line equipment (any longer)
2. No one is WILLING to sell those equipment (at-the-moment MINUS China)

@muse @Aeronaut @Oscar I'd appreciate your input.

of course,this is true.but we have two concentrate on china too,thus in a war scenario with pak,we wont be able to divert all our forces to your side.

and i appreciate your honest and unbiased opinion on this.

king of naswarabad :P

Advance Bunker Buster Bombs 700 BLU-109 2,000 pound bunker-buster bombs with the FMU-143 Fuse

The BLU-109/B is a hardened penetration bomb used by the United States Air Force (BLU is an acronym for Bomb Live Unit). As other "bunker busters", it is intended to smash through concrete shelters and other hardened structures before exploding.

Pakistan has these?

Could not agree more - Our Pakistani posters seem not to understand that everything, absolutely everything is ECONOMY - when reading their posts, they seem dismissive, using words like "financial constraints", as if they don't quite understand simple economics - which they probably don't --

And they don't think in terms of "systems" -- their thinking seems to be dominated by a platform and "one or two squadrons of" -- all the in the infrastructure stuff, communication (including satellites), ISR or things like more efficient servo motors, or materials, of switching from the failed soviet model of defense manufacturing to public-private - or an entirely new paradigm to counter adversaries advantages, in the way the Israeli did with anti-radiation and electronics, or the Chinese have with area access denial assets -- Unfortunately when our posters are challenged to think, their denial and defensive instinct goes into hyper drive mode.

Pakistan+air+force+JF-17+Thunder+Fighter+Jets+from+No.+26+Squadron+%2527Black+Spiders%2527+in+Zhuhai+Air+Show+2010+%25287%2529.jpg

That is a very beautiful picture of JF17 .

Could not agree more - Our Pakistani posters seem not to understand that everything, absolutely everything is ECONOMY - when reading their posts, they seem dismissive, using words like "financial constraints", as if they don't quite understand simple economics - which they probably don't --

And they don't think in terms of "systems" -- their thinking seems to be dominated by a platform and "one or two squadrons of" -- all the in the infrastructure stuff, communication (including satellites), ISR or things like more efficient servo motors, or materials, of switching from the failed soviet model of defense manufacturing to public-private - or an entirely new paradigm to counter adversaries advantages, in the way the Israeli did with anti-radiation and electronics, or the Chinese have with area access denial assets -- Unfortunately when our posters are challenged to think, their denial and defensive instinct goes into hyper drive mode.

You are mixing apples to oranges. Since when a military's responsibility is to better the economy? This is a defense forum. The topic tells you the strides your military has made to come up to speed. Whether it is on the top end or the lower end....they did what they could with the $$ available.
You need to start a topic that talks about how to enhance the economy or increase its size, capacity and volume....

You are mixing apples to oranges. Since when a military's responsibility is to better the economy?

Like I said in my earlier post :
Unfortunately when our posters are challenged to think, their denial and defensive instinct goes into hyper drive mode.

I don't recall making the claim that the military is responsible for the economy - but of course you are right - carry on

We've observed a fair bit of the sukhoi and mig platforms (our pilots have flown them both - as a courtesy by PLAAF

As for FGFA - are they in production? When will india have inducted that many?

I know that the PAF pilots flew in J11/SU 30 MKKs of the PLAAF, but Mig 29s??? Furthermore, the capabilities of the MKIs and the MKKs are different as well.

No the FGFA is not in production yet and the first prototype will come to India next year.

A large airforce often suffers from bureaucratic drag which causes it to become inefficient and Indians are not exactly known for their management capabilities. In contrast drawing lessons from Arab-Israeli conflict it has been proven that a lean and mean force with superior training and modest weapon can always out do its enemy and cause heavy destruction.

Organization has been quite well so far in the IAF, furthermore it is heavily investing in latest communication gadgets, network centric warfare capabilities and other stuff.
The IAF is also a force of very well trained pilots and has shown this in various exercises around the world, furthermore our boys got to learn the F16 from inside out during the MMRCA trials and the training of SAF F16s in India. The IAF is also setting up specially trained agressor sqrd. for advanced combat training.

Hope that helps ^^

Congrats to China taking over GWADAR port , hopefully we will see more J10B and Stealth Platforms coming PAKISTANs way

I think , the bottom line is , that weapons and the Radars that Pakistani Airforce has and enhancements done to Pakistan Airforce
Cannot be denied , and its not the situation as it was in 70's

Pakistani Airforce has full capacity to defang Enemy fighters

I would not be suprised if we have a STEALTH fighter under our sleeves

I know that the PAF pilots flew in J11/SU 30 MKKs of the PLAAF, but Mig 29s??? Furthermore, the capabilities of the MKIs and the MKKs are different as well.

No the FGFA is not in production yet and the first prototype will come to India next year.

Organization has been quite well so far in the IAF, furthermore it is heavily investing in latest communication gadgets, network centric warfare capabilities and other stuff.
The IAF is also a force of very well trained pilots and has shown this in various exercises around the world, furthermore our boys got to learn the F16 from inside out during the MMRCA trials and the training of SAF F16s in India. The IAF is also setting up specially trained agressor sqrd. for advanced combat training.

Hope that helps ^^

Which brings in a lot of benefits... but a lot of problems as well.
the IAF will be going through a massive integration and transition crunch in the 2015-2020 period.
Lots of new tech, systems etc.. and with it the inevitable headache of getting them all to work; standalone and together.

Which brings in a lot of benefits... but a lot of problems as well.
the IAF will be going through a massive integration and transition crunch in the 2015-2020 period.
Lots of new tech, systems etc.. and with it the inevitable headache of getting them all to work; standalone and together.

Frankly speaking,Collaboration with israel have boosted our armed forces.For every military know how,india go to israel.
and i have no doubt,they will supply whatever india will demand from them at war time or any time.
As per their ambassador,indo-israel ties are much closer than indo russian one.

Back
Top Bottom