What's new

Lethal Pakistan Airforce`s Game Changers

There is no such thing as stripped down , we have fully armed force and with our JF17 thunders, we are in good situation

Just the other day 45 Billion investment came thru , from UAE and then China decided to pay 100% loan for usagae of Gwadar so I think we are doing just fine

Only thing we have not recieved is

Only thing that is pending is ... J10B

J10B which is secheduled to arrive in 2014 which is around the corner

36 Fighter Jets , with options to make them 150 Fighters more then sufficient for Pakistan Airfoce

Reference:

Pakistan Owns these items

In Last few years Pakistan Airforce has attained weaponry that makes it a Superior Airforce in region to any intruding force. Pakistan is one of few nations in region that has BVR capabilities
Lets examine the wonderful weapons that Pakistan attained recently

Beyond Visual Missiles 500 AIM-120C5 Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM)
flint_aim120.jpg

96% Kill Ratio

The AIM-120 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile, or AMRAAM (pronounced "am-ram"), is a modern beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM) capable of all-weather day-and-night operations. Designed with the same form-and-fit factors as the previous generation of semiactive guided Sparrow missiles, it is a fire-and-forget missile with active guidance. When an AMRAAM missile is being launched, NATO pilots use the brevity code - Fox Three.

The missile also features the ability to "Home on Jamming,"giving it the ability to switch over from active radar homing to passive homing – homing on jamming signals from the target aircraft. Software on board the missile allows it to detect if it is being jammed, and guide on its target using the proper guidance system.

AMRAAM uses two-stage guidance when fired at long range. The aircraft passes data to the missile just before launch, giving it information about the location of the target aircraft from the launch point and its direction and speed. The missile uses this information to fly on an interception course to the target using its built in inertial navigation system (INS). This information is generally obtained using the launching aircraft's radar, although it could come from an infrared search and tracking system (IRST), from a data link from another fighter aircraft, or from an AWACS aircraft.

Saab+2000+Airborne+Early+Warning+and+Control+Aircr  aft+erieye+aewc+awacs+pakistan+air+force+paf+jf-17+thunder+f-16+fighter+jet+fc20+j10+radar+coverage+340+1000ood  dd.jpg

Boresight mode , also known as Run Indian

Apart from the slave mode, there is a free guidance mode, called boresight. This mode is radar guidance-free, the missile just fires and locks the first thing it sees. When this mode is selected, the HUD displays a circle which represent "sight" of the missile. When the pilot fires, he says "Maddog".[12] This mode can be used for defensive shot, i.e. when the enemy has numerical superiority

Dog Fight Short Range Missiles : Side winder
200 AIM-9M-8/9 Sidewinder Short-Range Air-Air Missiles; they are the version before the fifth-generation AIM-9X.

Over 80% Kill ratio when Fired

aim-9-sidewinder-920-29.jpg

The AIM-9 Sidewinder is an infrared homing, short-range, air-to-air missile carried mostly by fighter aircraft and recently, certain gunship helicopters. The missile entered service with the United States Navy in the mid-1950s, and variants and upgrades remain in active service with many air forces after five decades. The United States Air Force purchased the Sidewinder after the missile was developed by the United States Navy at China Lake, California.
The Sidewinder is the most widely used missile in the West, with more than 110,000 missiles produced for the U.S. and 27 other nations

The next major advance in IR Sidewinder development was the AIM-9L ("Lima") model, introduced in 1978. This was the first "all-aspect" Sidewinder with the ability to attack from all directions, including head-on, which had a dramatic effect on close in combat tactics. Its first combat use was by a pair of US Navy F-14s in the Gulf of Sidra in 1981 versus two Libyan Su-22 Fitters, both of the latter being destroyed by AIM-9Ls. Its first use in actual warfare was by the United Kingdom during the 1982 Falklands War, the "Lima" reportedly achieved a kill ratio of around 80%, a dramatic improvement over the 10-15% levels of earlier versions scoring 17 and 2 shared kills against Argentine aircraft.[9] On that same year but over Lebanon's Bekaa Valley, 51 out of the 55 Syrian-flown MiGs shot down were hit by Israeli Air Force Sidewinders.

The subsequent AIM-9M ("Mike") has the all-aspect capability of the L model while providing all-around higher performance. The M model has improved capability against infrared countermeasures, enhanced background discrimination capability, and a reduced-smoke rocket motor. These modifications increase its ability to locate and lock-on to a target and decrease the chance of missile detection.

LASER GUIDED BOMBS
1,600 Enhanced Paveway GBU-12 (500 lb.) and GBU-24s (2,000 lb.) with dual laser/GPS guidance

253px-Image-GBU-24_Missile_testmontage-gi_BLU-109_bomb.jpg

Talk about easy of use , pilots just designates a target with laser and 100% kill on ground

SMART BOMBS
500 Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) Guidance Kits: GBU-31/38 Guided Bomb Unit (GBU) kits

JDAM.jpg

GPS guided bombs , fire and forget , the pilot does not even need to worry about pointing a laszer to the wepoan , he clicks launch , and the bomb is on its own ..

Advance Bunker Buster Bombs 700 BLU-109 2,000 pound bunker-buster bombs with the FMU-143 Fuse

The BLU-109/B is a hardened penetration bomb used by the United States Air Force (BLU is an acronym for Bomb Live Unit). As other "bunker busters", it is intended to smash through concrete shelters and other hardened structures before exploding.

129014-Induction-Ceremony-of-F-16-Block-52-in-Paf-PAF-Nevada.jpg

No intention to spoil your party but let PAF first learn to safeguard such assets... if you are still expecting to face a war with direct confrontation than what can i say for you ...... you are already in war for 10 years now...a fourth generation war...a war in which you are the one on the suffering side ...by you i mean all of us including military .... dont wait someone to confront you directly coz nobody will instead the question will be why would they be when your enemies are achieving their purpose through guriella warfare .... you are been stuffed up with all the heroic stuff and lies when in reality you have lost more lives and assets compared to the damage to your enemies .

If it would have been a direct confrontation i would be more than happy as nuclear warheads are alone enough to keep enemies on the back foot but you are fighting a war in which you cant use all the fancy toys you mentioned or nuke your own land but heck you can loose what you have and adding to the misery you are doing the exact .......

a good ego booster thread but sadly doesnot reflect the true picture , sorry if anybody got offended

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no such thing as stripped down , we have fully armed force and with our JF17 thunders, we are in good situation

Just the other day 45 Billion investment came thru , from UAE and then China decided to pay 100% loan for usagae of Gwadar so I think we are doing just fine

Only thing we have not recieved is

Only thing that is pending is ... J10B

J10B which is secheduled to arrive in 2014 which is around the corner

36 Fighter Jets , with options to make them 150 Fighters more then sufficient for Pakistan Airfoce

Not a single cent has come into the country from that deal so far. The foreign exchange reserves are going down everyday, and even a small fraction of $45 billion would change that very quickly, if the money comes in.

Has the OP even researched the lethality of Indian Airforce? If an honest side by side comparison was done, the OP himself would have never opened such a thread. OH PLZ don't lecture me from the man behind the machine angle. Too much of that is bad for mental-health.

The AMRAAM upgrade for our 70+ F16 C/D fleet was substantial BOOST ...
Its litterally has added FANGS to the F16 birds...This would probbly be considered a WIDOW maker upgrade 96% Sucess ratio is nothing to joke around .. Its almost like when the Missiles are FIRED... the other guy is pretty much 96% gone.

Join-Pakistan-Air-Force-PAF-As-Ground-Combatiers-GC-2012.jpg

Together with the Variety of Available configurations for JF17 thunder birds have just made the plane an ideal choice and provves that the Pakistan Airforce was correct in their vision to induct such a useful upgrade that can operate on all types of Missions , and wiith its Modular design could be actually enhanced ...

ERIEYE_AEW_C_Range.jpg

The AWACS , a WISE choice by then President Musharaf , prove what a SMART man he was and leadership we had before , that he bought the SAAB & Chinese platforms

delivered+operational+paf+Chinese+ZDK-03+Airborne+Early+Warning+and+Control+System+(AEW&C)+Karakoram+Eagle+active+electronically+scanned+array+radar+aesa+Pakistan+Air+Force+flying+air+in+service++handed+paf.jpg

Gonna be difficult (esp. due to budgetary reasons), in case u mean India with enemy, 270 Su 30MKIs, appr. 100 upgraded Mig 29 and Mirage 2000s, and at least 126 Rafales and at least 144 FGFAs and maybe some Tejas and upgraded Jaguars as well.

Concerning training: We have very well trained pilots who and I am sure that the PAF has superb pilots as well.
Furthermore we have a deep insight into the capabilities of PAF planes like the F16 thanks to the MMRCA trials or the SAF F 16 pilots training in India.

We've observed a fair bit of the sukhoi and mig platforms (our pilots have flown them both - as a courtesy by PLAAF

As for FGFA - are they in production? When will india have inducted that many?

Gonna be difficult (esp. due to budgetary reasons), in case u mean India with enemy, 270 Su 30MKIs, appr. 100 upgraded Mig 29 and Mirage 2000s, and at least 126 Rafales and at least 144 FGFAs and maybe some Tejas and upgraded Jaguars as well.

Concerning training: We have very well trained pilots who and I am sure that the PAF has superb pilots as well.
Furthermore we have a deep insight into the capabilities of PAF planes like the F16 thanks to the MMRCA trials or the SAF F 16 pilots training in India.

A large airforce often suffers from bureaucratic drag which causes it to become inefficient and Indians are not exactly known for their management capabilities. In contrast drawing lessons from Arab-Israeli conflict it has been proven that a lean and mean force with superior training and modest weapon can always out do its enemy and cause heavy destruction.

Has the OP even researched the lethality of Indian Airforce? If an honest side by side comparison was done, the OP himself would have never opened such a thread. OH PLZ don't lecture me from the man behind the machine angle. Too much of that is bad for mental-health.
@Hyperion,
My dear, they do say, never underestimate your enemy, but it's also wise to have faith in your self.
The vis-a-vis quantity/quality ratio has always been in India's favour, but history tells us that PAF always held more than it's own. it's worth mentioning that the quality gap has been narrowed to a great extent.
In recent times, the PAF has become a very secretive organisation hence we are oblivious to a lot of things. !!

How many of these are made or designed in Pakistan and how many are of China or US origins?

I agree with most of your comments and if you read my post carefully, you will find that I am acknowledging the Quantitative and the Technological (qualitative) advantage of IAF. We just have to find ways and means to improve our PAF to face up to IAF in a defensive posture. As for Economy, that will not remain stagnant forever and already there is movement in the right direction especially if we can get rid of the inept lame duck incumbent govt.

Mate, forgive me if I don't subscribe to your analysis. Yes, we are ferocious fighters, yes we will fight to the last man, yes we are trained very well, yes we have some decent equipment at our disposal, however, so does the enemy!

Furthermore, in regards to "PAF has become a very secretive organization", don't tell me that you buy into such childish lines, or do you? PAF is like any other branch of Military and is an organization that requires budget for procurement of equipment. This is where your theory fails, as:

1. We don't have sufficient funds to buy top-of-the-line equipment (any longer)
2. No one is WILLING to sell those equipment (at-the-moment MINUS China)

Yes, we are doing pretty great with what we have, however, the way IAF is modernizing, realist planners in PAF must be having nightmares for the near future, unless things improve on the Economic front.

Those terahertz radars on SU30MKI's, Rafael's, SAR Sats and gazillion other assets at the disposal of IAF are no joke, the smallest of them can spot and track a fly sitting on the arse of a donkey 300 km away.

India has progressed a lot (whether by themselves, or by outright purchases). I am a realist, and this is a defense forum, first and foremost responsibility of ours is to wake up to this challenge and not kid ourselves.

This is not the 60's / 70's / 80's. Welcome to modern warfare. Whether you like it or not, we have crash landed in this sh*t-storm.

@muse @Aeronaut @Oscar I'd appreciate your input.

@Hyperion,
My dear, they do say, never underestimate your enemy, but it's also wise to have faith in your self.
The vis-a-vis quantity/quality ratio has always been in India's favour, but history tells us that PAF always held more than it's own. it's worth mentioning that the quality gap has been narrowed to a great extent.
In recent times, the PAF has become a very secretive organisation hence we are oblivious to a lot of things. !!

Mate, forgive me if I don't subscribe to your analysis. Yes, we are ferocious fighters, yes we will fight to the last man, yes we are trained very well, yes we have some decent equipment at our disposal, however, so does the enemy!

Furthermore, in regards to "PAF has become a very secretive organization", don't tell me that you buy into such childish lines, or do you? PAF is like any other branch of Military and is an organization that requires budget for procurement of equipment. This is where your theory fails, as:

1. We don't have sufficient funds to buy top-of-the-line equipment (any longer)
2. No one is WILLING to sell those equipment (at-the-moment MINUS China)

Yes, we are doing pretty great with what we have, however, the way IAF is modernizing, realist planners in PAF must be having nightmares for the near future, unless things improve on the Economic front.

Those terahertz radars on SU30MKI's, Rafael's, SAR Sats and gazillion other assets at the disposal of IAF are no joke, the smallest of them can spot and track a fly sitting on the arse of a donkey 300 km away.

India has progressed a lot (whether by themselves, or by outright purchases). I am a realist, and this is a defense forum, first and foremost responsibility of ours is to wake up to this challenge and not kid ourselves.

This is not the 60's / 70's / 80's. Welcome to modern warfare. Whether you like it or not, we have crash landed in this sh*t-storm.

@muse @Aeronaut @Oscar I'd appreciate your input.

Albeit, our very dear @Oscar has also become somewhat secretive these days, but i surely hope he replies to your query . !!
As for the highlighted part, a fact people often ignore is that unlike say US and Russia or China, India/Pakistan share a common border, take it from a Horse's mouth, those long distance radar capabilities will be of little value, if anything, it's going to cause a lot of confusion on incoming or outgoing flights/sorties..... in short it's going to cause a mayhem.....a bloody mess as i was told.

India is building its airforce as a "strategic force" that can be deployed away from the homeland. Fighters like Su-30MKIs are there for long range, high-intensity missions.

Pakistan, on the other hand, see its airforce as a "tactical level" power. PAF's job would be to defend Pakistani skies and provide CAS to Pakistan military over battle-ground...

PAF's offensive role would be limited. PAF will not be going for deep strike-missions hundreds of km inside india..

Our "strategic" force lies mainly in our missile program....

Abdali, Gauri-1, Shaheen-1, Gauri-II, Shaheen IA, Shaheen II, Babur, Ra'ad, Nasr etc provide Pakistan military with the means to hit enemy far away from the mainland Pakistan....

@Hyperion

Back
Top Bottom