What's new

"Let Them Fly There Now": Putin Threatens To Shoot Down Turkish Jets In Syria, Calls Erdogan An ***

The regime of the Straits has nothing to do with the treaty of Lausanne (or the treaty of Sevres). It is discussed in the Montreux convention.
This convention states that if Turkiye is threatened by a country, it can close the straits for that country.
Montreux Convention Regarding the Regime of the Straits - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Montreux convention, UNCLOS which substituted it,are recent conventions which apply on everyone. Turkey, much before these conventions came into effect, has acceded to keep its two straits open at all times for everyone, except in case of war, in treaty of severes signed by Caliph, and this was reiterated by treaty of Lausanne signed by Kemal Pasha.

Montreux convention, UNCLOS which substituted it,are recent conventions which apply on everyone. Turkey, much before these conventions came into effect, has acceded to keep its two straits open at all times for everyone, except in case of war, in treaty of severes signed by Caliph, and this was reiterated by treaty of Lausanne signed by Kemal Pasha.
Dude the Montreux convention is an agreement from 1936. This convention doesnt apply to everyone, read the wikipedia link I provided before given false information. The treaty of Sevres become obsolete when the treaty of Lausanne was signed, the agreement of the straits as discussed in the treaty of Lausanne became obsulete when the treaty of montreux was signed.

"Turkey, much before these conventions came into effect, has acceded to keep its two straits open at all times for everyone, except in case of war, in treaty of severes signed by Caliph, and this was reiterated by treaty of Lausanne signed by Kemal Pash"
what has this to do with the current convention regarding the control of the straits? Nothing. This became obsolete when the treaty of Montreux was signed, and thus has no meaning at all today

If you have no intend in trolling and are here to learn than I suggest you to read this: http://sam.baskent.edu.tr/belge/Montreux_ENG.pdf . The full text of the convention.

Time for China to bomb some targets in Syria and support Russia, Go Asian neighbor.
Why are pushing the Chinese into something you yourself cant get into??LOL India should also bomb some targets in Syria :partay:

We all know that wont happen anyway. Neither will China ever get involved in Syria's mess in which it has no real interests/business in, unlike Russia who has deep interests in the outcome of this Geo political war.
So those who have nothing in this should mind their own business. :pop:

انا بخير شكرا! انا اتدرب العربية.

Lol, I know this is random. Correct my sentence if I made any mistakes.
you said the first sentense just right but the second one needs a little bit

You should write it this way.

اتدرب على ممارسة العربية.

you said the first sentense just right but the second one needs a little bit

You should write it this way.

اتدرب على ممارسة العربية.
Lol, thanks for the correction. Wow, i was way off. I had a feeling that i didn't need to put the 'anna' before اتدرب but decided to go with it anyway just to be safe. Boy I have a long way to go.

Lol, thanks for the correction. Wow, i was way off. I had a feeling that i didn't need to put the 'anna' before اتدرب but decided to go with it anyway just to be safe. Boy I have a long way to go.
Bro if you keep going you wont regret it the Arabic language is so beautiful that will make love it especially the Arabic poetry.

something like this.

لا تَعذَلِيه فَإِنَّ العَذلَ يُولِعُهُ قَد قَلتِ حَقاً وَلَكِن لَيسَ يَسمَعُهُ
جاوَزتِ فِي نصحه حَداً أَضَرَّبِهِ مِن حَيثَ قَدرتِ أَنَّ النصح يَنفَعُهُ
فَاستَعمِلِي الرِفق فِي تَأِنِيبِهِ بَدَلاً مِن عَذلِهِ فَهُوَ مُضنى القَلبِ مُوجعُهُ
قَد كانَ مُضطَلَعاً بِالخَطبِ يَحمِلُهُ فَضُيَّقَت بِخُطُوبِ الدهرِ أَضلُعُهُ

If you understand these verses you'd shed some tears just like me:cry:.

Bro if you keep going you wont regret it the Arabic language is so beautiful that will make love it especially the Arabic poetry.

something like this.

لا تَعذَلِيه فَإِنَّ العَذلَ يُولِعُهُ قَد قَلتِ حَقاً وَلَكِن لَيسَ يَسمَعُهُ
جاوَزتِ فِي نصحه حَداً أَضَرَّبِهِ مِن حَيثَ قَدرتِ أَنَّ النصح يَنفَعُهُ
فَاستَعمِلِي الرِفق فِي تَأِنِيبِهِ بَدَلاً مِن عَذلِهِ فَهُوَ مُضنى القَلبِ مُوجعُهُ
قَد كانَ مُضطَلَعاً بِالخَطبِ يَحمِلُهُ فَضُيَّقَت بِخُطُوبِ الدهرِ أَضلُعُهُ

If you understand these verses you'd shed some tears just like me:cry:.
Thanks bro, definitely I will keep trying ان شاء الله . Arabic is a beautiful language and I'm already in love with it. One day I will be able to read and understand Arabic poetry because everyone tells me it's one of the most beautiful poetry one will ever hear.

Here a recent live demonstration of the capabilities of the S300 and the S400 and you can make your own conclusion..
[video]

Not really, they have removed all their F15 from the area for that reason, just like they removed the only carrier from the Persian Golfe, for the first time in history after the Russian send the first cruise missile salvo on ISIS from the black sea.

The goal of the S400 , now,is to keep the Turkish air force grounded to avoid any harm to come to Turkey from any futur Erdogan'si rrational behavior .

The U.S. pulled back the F-15s back where it was based in UK. If the S-400 was something the U.S. was scared of, they would pulled out the drones, A-10s, F-16s, etc. Not just the F-15s.

Thanks bro, definitely I will keep trying ان شاء الله . Arabic is a beautiful language and I'm already in love with it. One day I will be able to read and understand Arabic poetry because everyone tells me it's one of the most beautiful poetry one will ever hear.
You are ore than welcome bro good luck to you with your arabic study

We don’t take Putin statements seriously: Turkish PM

Massacre of Sinope

regnum_picture_1448837574376915_normal_download.jpg

Last edited:
S400 cant hit targets below horizon.

S=3.6*sqrt(h)

If jet is flying at 50 m then S-400 will see it only from 25 km.

One way to circumvent this limitation is to place the SAM system on an overpass or any place with relatively high altitude. For example, if the S-400 could theoretically be placed on top of Toronto's CN Tower, its within-the-horizon intercept range extends to 75+ km (assuming that the incoming jet approaches at ground level).

I would also imagine that the S-400's air search radar can datalink with each other and that multiple systems would be deployed to mitigate the issue of horizon.

The U.S. pulled back the F-15s back where it was based in UK. If the S-400 was something the U.S. was scared of, they would pulled out the drones, A-10s, F-16s, etc. Not just the F-15s.
They pulled their assets from Turkey, due to the S400.
A10 , F16 are active in eastern Syria/Iraq and F16s are not based in Turkey.

Back
Top Bottom