What's new

Lenovo takes over X86 server business from IBM

Lenovo Yoga Tablet Receives Gold Edison Award as Most Innovative Computing Solution

RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC2014: Lenovo’s (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) Yoga Tablet received top honors last night at a ceremony in San Francisco with a gold Edison Award for most innovative computing solution. In addition, Lenovo’s IdeaCentre Horizon Multimode Table PCwas recognized with a silver Edison Award in the computer and entertainment category.

The Edison Awards were inspired by Thomas Edison, to recognize innovation, creativity and ingenuity in the global economy.

The Lenovo Yoga Tablet captivated the tablet market in 4Q 2013 with its three-mode kickstand, giving consumers a unique way to use a tablet. With hold, tilt and stand modes, the tablet adapts to the way people use it and is packed with an amazing 18 hours of battery life1 for ultra mobile lifestyles.

The 27-inch Horizon PC blew up CES 2013 as Lenovo’s first “interpersonal” table PC; a multi-user, multi-touch and multi-mode device for the home with the capability to easily shift from personal to shared computing use. Paired with a special set of accessories including an e-dice, joysticks and strikers, the Horizon Table PC offers a complete digital gaming experience.

Edison Award nominees are judged by more than 3,000 senior business executives and academics from across the nation whose votes acknowledge the finalists’ success in meeting the award’s stringent criteria of quality. The voting panel includes members of the American Association of Advertising Agencies (4As), Chief Marketing Officer Council (CMO), and Design Management Institute (DMI), among others.

ABOUT LENOVO Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$34 billion personal technology company – and the largest PC company in the world, serving customers in more than 160 countries. Dedicated to building exceptionally engineered PCs and mobile internet devices, Lenovo’s business is built on product innovation, a highly-efficient global supply chain and strong strategic execution. Formed by Lenovo Group’s acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services. Its product lines include legendary Think-branded commercial PCs and Idea-branded consumer PCs, as well as servers, workstations, and a family of mobile internet devices, including tablets and smart phones. Lenovo, a global Fortune 500 company, has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information see www.lenovo.com.

The Edison Awards is a program conducted by Edison Universe, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to fostering future innovators. The 2014 Edison Awards are sponsored by Ipsos. For more information about the Edison Awards, Edison Universe and a list of past winners, visit www.edisonawards.com.

We conquered your market. :D

Lenovo top PC maker in India - The Times of India

And the world's market:

BBC News - Lenovo ousts HP as world's top PC maker

India's computer market is dominated by Lenovo, Dell and HP. First is Chinese, second two are American.

Now that HP has decided to split itself into two,the PC half might end up Lenovo‘s next acquisition target。:D

Will Lenovo take over HP to become world leader?
  • Staff Reporter
  • 2014-10-12
  • 17:16 (GMT+8)
browse.php

A customer checks out HP computers at a store in Hainan province, June 2011. (Photo/Xinhua)

Chinese PC giant Lenovo may have found its next global acquisition target in one of the two smaller companies to form next year after HP's confirmed split on Monday.

HP's ill-timed acquisition in 2011 of UK tech firm Autonomy has now forced the company to hack down its unwieldy enterprise into two smaller parts.

Industry insiders speculate that HP may seek a buyer for its PC and printing operations, to be known as HP Inc, if the price is right. It may do this in order to concentrate its energy on corporate hardware and services under the auspices of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise. If so, there will be no buyer more qualified than Lenovo, China Business Media Corp said.

The timing is right for Lenovo, as it has largely completed the integration of IBM's PC business, turning its operation around in 2005 following acquisition in 2004.

Cb.com.cn said that by bringing HP's PC and printing operations under its umbrella, Lenovo will see its global market share rise from 20% to 38%, carving out a dominant presence in the global market with a comfortable lead over all rivals. By comparison, other leading PC firms have much less motive to take over HP's PC division, in view of limited benefits.

Lenovo is comparatively much cheaper than the Dell or HP in India for similar specification. You can use the filters in any Indian shopping site to find out. And as I said earlier, there is barely anything Chinese inside, both hardware & software.
No, HP is the cheapest of them......for similar specifications....

Its a bad buy really. For Lenovo Motorola was value for money .
Blackberry has already its sales in deep red,and less persons are really interested in BB now.

If they buy it, it won't be to throw another generic competitor into the overfraught and saturated smartphone market. It will be to consolidate its hold over the niche security-conscious market, a demographic which counts many top politicians, industry leaders, high-end professionals, etc among its members.

If they buy it, it won't be to throw another generic competitor into the overfraught and saturated smartphone market. It will be to consolidate its hold over the niche security-conscious market, a demographic which counts many top politicians, industry leaders, high-end professionals, etc among its members.

You are right,. But the top businessmens, politicians have already moved away from BB, and BB have made available its BB messenger available on every android phone.
However if they buy the patents of BB, without even considering their hardware part, Lenovo has a great deal on its hands.

Oh sorry, i just looked at the assets and valuation of RIM, aukad se bahar. :D
Recently on a trip to Chennai my sony xperia z1 screen cracked , i just poped in to buy a phone for temporary purpose , was showed the micromax nitro , was amazed at its performance . this is the first micromax product i have enjoyed.(i am somewhat of a gadget freak)
:):):)

Recently on a trip to Chennai my sony xperia z1 screen cracked , i just poped in to buy a phone for temporary purpose , was showed the micromax nitro , was amazed at its performance . this is the first micromax product i have enjoyed.(i am somewhat of a gadget freak)
:):):)

Micromax is good, but somehow I feel it has reliability issues.

Micromax is good, but somehow I feel it has reliability issues.
Dont get me wrong , i still will go with flagships phones of big brands , i have already replaced my micromax with a note 3 , but for the three days i used the phone i was pleasantly surprised.
i gave me a great battery life (bad camera ) and call clarity was good. it never hanged or lagged which was great .
I have used micromax before and hated it.

Dont get me wrong , i still will go with flagships phones of big brands , i have already replaced my micromax with a note 3 , but for the three days i used the phone i was pleasantly surprised.
i gave me a great battery life (bad camera ) and call clarity was good. it never hanged or lagged which was great .
I have used micromax before and hated it.

Quad core processor doesn't lag, it's far more powerful that the apps we have on mobile platform. I have used Canvas HD for a year later I upgraded to HTC One.

good news, another Nato company in Chinese pockets

Its a bad buy really. For Lenovo Motorola was value for money .
Blackberry has already its sales in deep red,and less persons are really interested in BB now.
if china just buys it and lays off the worker in canada and just keeps the brand it will make huge profits for them

Last edited:
Won't work out...

Coz us companies will switch over to something else. Bb is used by most companies top management

good news, another Nato company in Chinese pockets

if china just buys it and lays off the worker in canada and just keeps the brand it will make huge profits for them

Just confused. But how? BB brand's name is now but lost. How do yu propose to make profit talking from a business point of view?
But is the news confirmed?

Blackberry is a dead elephant.

actually not... blackberry phone may be not profitable but blackberry owns something of strategic importance to china... the qnx operating system... best os in the world, presently.

qnx is used in various fields... medical instruments, space, automotives, military, internet routers, industrial control...

BlackBerry's QNX: Why it's so valuable to Apple, Google, auto industry | ZDNet

so, not only will china technologically aquire this superb operating system but foreign commercial users of qnx will have to pay license fees to lenovo... good thinking.

@TaiShang

QNX may be the worlds best OS, but what good is it if no one buys the phones that use it? You don't buy a dead elephant for one tiny shiny nail

actually not... blackberry phone may be not profitable but blackberry owns something of strategic importance to china... the qnx operating system... best os in the world, presently.

qnx is used in various fields... medical instruments, space, automotives, military, internet routers, industrial control...

BlackBerry's QNX: Why it's so valuable to Apple, Google, auto industry | ZDNet

so, not only will china technologically aquire this superb operating system but foreign commercial users of qnx will have to pay license fees to lenovo... good thinking.

@TaiShang

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom