What's new

Lenovo takes over X86 server business from IBM

I don't think you know how profitable software can be. Database,BI,Statistics,Reporting, Analysis tools are expensive, companies have to renew licenses after 1 to .. years for each computer these kind of software are installed. Heavy price tags for server and client sides. Which is why IBM can easily sell its pc division to Lenovo and now the server division as well. License and consultancy fee ain't cheap

I'm familiar with software/ consulting business. Barriers to entries to software business is a lot lower than manufacturing hardware. Besides banks, the top companies in the world have some form of manufacturing, not strictly service the types, ala software. As far as licensing, you can issue licenses to allow a third party to manufacture your products and take a big royalty.

Lenovo in possible bid to buy BlackBerry

e89a8f5fc4c215b0008b07.jpg

BlackBerry shares jumped by 8.5-percent on Monday on the back of a report that Lenovo is in talks for a purchase the former Research In Motion. [File photo]

Chinese computer maker Lenovo is reportedly looking at acquiring Canadian-based smartphone maker Blackberry.

BlackBerry shares jumped by 8.5-percent on Monday on the back of a report that Lenovo is in talks for a purchase the former Research In Motion.

Some reports have suggested Lenovo may be prepared to make an offer worth 15-dollars a share as early as this week.

Both Lenovo and BlackBerry have said they wouldn't comment on the speculation at the moment.

Lenovo this month completed its 2.3 billion dollar purchase of IBM's low-end server business.

Lenovo also expects its 2.9 billion acquisition of Motorola Mobility to be completed by the end of this year.

Its a bad buy really. For Lenovo Motorola was value for money .
Blackberry has already its sales in deep red,and less persons are really interested in BB now.

Its a bad buy really. For Lenovo Motorola was value for money .
Blackberry has already its sales in deep red,and less persons are really interested in BB now.

Let's see how Lenovo will turn in around, if the acquisition ever takes place. Maybe they will not allow the sale on grounds of national security.

I love blackberry. good that lenovo is buying it.

Let's see how Lenovo will turn in around, if the acquisition ever takes place. Maybe they will not allow the sale on grounds of national security.

blackberry is beyond turnaround. what lenovo would look is host of patents that blackberry has.

Loved BB, it was my first smartphone. and in my opinion the Z10 is a great business device . Hate to see BB die i hope Lenovo can salvage it .

Hahaha Obama uses Blackberry.

I guess he'll have to switch to an Apple, oh wait that's made in China too. :cheesy:

And actually my current phone/tablet and computers are from Lenovo. I'm always really happy with Lenovo's cost-quality performance, even if some of their top end products can be very pricey. It's usually worth paying the premium for it.

Our Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the national assembly wont allow it. It is a national treasure of Canada, Blackberry. It wont get approved. Go back home China.

Our Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the national assembly wont allow it. It is a national treasure of Canada, Blackberry. It wont get approved. Go back home China.

I was thinking the same thing as well. Its better to allow blackberry go bankrupt than to sell it to a rival like China. Thats if no Canadian/U.S company agrees to buy them.

Off topic: Are you Canadian bro? I don't see many canadians here. Welcome.:cheers:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom