What's new

Lenovo takes over X86 server business from IBM

Who care BlackBerry ? Lenovo only need tech before it die, and will used on Lenovo smartphone.

Money Talk ! Before BlackBerry bankrupt, take the chance to earn the last money from Chinese.

Hahaha Obama uses Blackberry.

I guess he'll have to switch to an Apple, oh wait that's made in China too. :cheesy:

And actually my current phone/tablet and computers are from Lenovo. I'm always really happy with Lenovo's cost-quality performance, even if some of their top end products can be very pricey. It's usually worth paying the premium for it.

Lenovo laptops are slowest compared to its specifications, Dell & HP are far better machines, Sony was also good, sad that they shut down their laptop business. Yes, Lenovo has the cost advantage.

Less than 3 years ago - Blackberry was one of the most aspirational brands in India. Funny how things change so rapidly in the tech world.

We conquered your market. :D

Lenovo top PC maker in India - The Times of India

And the world's market:

BBC News - Lenovo ousts HP as world's top PC maker

India's computer market is dominated by Lenovo, Dell and HP. First is Chinese, second two are American.

Very old news, Dell was No.1 in Q1-2014, HP was No.1 in Q2-2014. Lenovo has some market share because it got the entire distribution network of the legendary IBM Thinkpad, and also because it is much cheaper compared to the reputed brands. Though it has successfully managed to destroy the reputation of original Thinkpad after buying it.

Btw, none of the key components inside a Lenovo is Chinese; Windows OS, DOS, Ubuntu, AMD / Intel processor, Intel chipset, Seagate hard disk, Hynix RAM, which one is Chinese, the plastic casing?

But still they cannot assemble all these well to make a top class system like a Dell or HP.

Check this:

HP: HP rallied again to their top spot with a market share of 29.5% in the India PC market. They grew by 82.1% quarter-on-quarter over Q1, 2014. Their execution of large education deals in the state government of Tamil Nadu ensured the growth in commercial business. They were equally supported with the growth in their consumer business too. Price competitiveness and well spread partner coverage across the country has been HP’s key strength. The successful launch of Bing SKU and the first mover advantage it had garnered, aided HP’s growth in Q2, 2014.

Dell: Dell captured the second spot with a market share of 19.1%. Dell continues to record substantial growth owing to its recent channel realignment, improved management of its partners, investment on quality resources and the addition of new partners both in SMB and enterprise business. Their participation in DGS&D aided their commercial business incrementally.

Lenovo: Lenovo took the third spot with 13.9% market share in the quarter. It made a recovery in Q2 after initial concerns around inventory fillings and channel engagement measures. Growing focus on mid market accounts and expanding coverage should boost their growth in the commercial segment in the coming months.

Indian PC market improves in Q2, 2014: IDC – Express Computer

Dell India has attained the top position in the domestic PC market with a 23.1 percent market share across segments in the first quarter of the current calendar year.

With 33.1 percent share, Dell is also the top notebook brand in the country, according to an International Data Corporation report.

Dell Regains Top Spot in Indian PC Market in Q1 2014 | NDTV Gadgets

I was thinking the same thing as well. Its better to allow blackberry go bankrupt than to sell it to a rival like China. Thats if no Canadian/U.S company agrees to buy them.

Off topic: Are you Canadian bro? I don't see many canadians here. Welcome.:cheers:

The main reason is security.
Yes :) :cheers:

The main reason is security.
Yes :) :cheers:

Yes indeed, but then again we in the west have become too capitalistic. So i won't be surprise at all if it was indeed sold to Lenovo(in case they make an offer that is). Business seems to trump even national security nowadays.

OK, you are welcome, looking forward to your contributions on threads on here.:-):cheers:

Very old news, Dell was No.1 in Q1-2014, HP was No.1 in Q2-2014. Lenovo has some market share because it got the entire distribution network of the legendary IBM Thinkpad, and also because it is much cheaper compared to the reputed brands. Though it has successfully managed to destroy the reputation of original Thinkpad after buying it.

Btw, none of the key components inside a Lenovo is Chinese; Windows OS, DOS, Ubuntu, AMD / Intel processor, Intel chipset, Seagate hard disk, Hynix RAM, which one is Chinese, the plastic casing?

But still they cannot assemble all these well to make a top class system like a Dell or HP.

Check this:

HP: HP rallied again to their top spot with a market share of 29.5% in the India PC market. They grew by 82.1% quarter-on-quarter over Q1, 2014. Their execution of large education deals in the state government of Tamil Nadu ensured the growth in commercial business. They were equally supported with the growth in their consumer business too. Price competitiveness and well spread partner coverage across the country has been HP’s key strength. The successful launch of Bing SKU and the first mover advantage it had garnered, aided HP’s growth in Q2, 2014.

Dell: Dell captured the second spot with a market share of 19.1%. Dell continues to record substantial growth owing to its recent channel realignment, improved management of its partners, investment on quality resources and the addition of new partners both in SMB and enterprise business. Their participation in DGS&D aided their commercial business incrementally.

Lenovo: Lenovo took the third spot with 13.9% market share in the quarter. It made a recovery in Q2 after initial concerns around inventory fillings and channel engagement measures. Growing focus on mid market accounts and expanding coverage should boost their growth in the commercial segment in the coming months.

Indian PC market improves in Q2, 2014: IDC – Express Computer

Dell India has attained the top position in the domestic PC market with a 23.1 percent market share across segments in the first quarter of the current calendar year.

With 33.1 percent share, Dell is also the top notebook brand in the country, according to an International Data Corporation report.

Dell Regains Top Spot in Indian PC Market in Q1 2014 | NDTV Gadgets

Bro to be honest with you. Lenovo isn't 'cheap' at all. I myself use a Lenovo Laptop for over 2 years now, and haven't had any problems with it(well so far.lol). Lenovo indeed has quite a good reputation in the U.K /west(i never even knew it was a chinese company until last year.lol) and their laptops/PC/Tablets are displayed in most electronics shops here along with others like HP/Dell/Macbook/Samsung/Asus. I have used HP and Dell in the past as well and i must say they are not any better than Lenovo at all. Saying it has destroyed the original reputation of Thinkpad with all due respect is indeed quite Naive i must say. They have done quite well on the contrary, they are indeed now a global brand(number 1 PC maker and according to latest figures number 3 tablet maker after Apple and Samsung). Biased aside,we should give credit when due bro.:tup:

Bro to be honest with you. Lenovo isn't 'cheap' at all. I myself use a Lenovo Laptop for over 2 years now, and haven't had any problems with it(well so far.lol). Lenovo indeed has quite a good reputation in the U.K /west(i never even knew it was a chinese company until last year.lol) and their laptops/PC/Tablets are displayed in most electronics shops here along with others like HP/Dell/Macbook/Samsung/Asus. I have used HP and Dell in the past as well and i must say they are not any better than Lenovo at all. Saying it has destroyed the original reputation of Thinkpad with all due respect is indeed quite Naive i must say. They have done quite well on the contrary, they are indeed now a global brand(number 1 PC maker and according to latest figures number 3 tablet maker after Apple and Samsung). Biased aside,we should give credit when due bro.:tup:

Lenovo is comparatively much cheaper than the Dell or HP in India for similar specification. You can use the filters in any Indian shopping site to find out. And as I said earlier, there is barely anything Chinese inside, both hardware & software.

Generally speaking Lenovo is arguablely much more high end than Dell and HP, because it's much more reliable.

A serious pro prefers Levono. Dell and HP are for the amateurs.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom